The genealogy of modern theoretical public economics: From first best to second best
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Brown, Donald J & Heal, Geoffrey, 1979.
"Equity, Efficiency, and Increasing Returns,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(4), pages 571-85, October.
- Egbert Dierker & Hans Haller, 1990. "Tax systems and direct mechanisms in large finite economies," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 52(2), pages 99-116, June.
- Joseph E. Stiglitz & Partha Dasgupta, 1970.
"Differential Taxation, Public Goods, and Economic Efficiency,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
299, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Dasgupta, P, 1971. "Differential Taxation, Public Goods and Economic Efficiency," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(114), pages 151-74, April.
- Guesnerie, Roger & Roberts, Kevin, 1987. "Minimum wage legislation as a second best policy," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(1-2), pages 490-498.
- Blackorby, C., 1990.
"Economic Policy In A Second-Best Environment,"
90c01, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- Sah, Raaj Kumar, 1983. "How much redistribution is possible through commodity taxes?," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 89-101, February.
- Egbert Dierker, 1986. "When does marginal cost pricing lead to Pareto efficiency?," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 41-66, December.
- Vives, X. & Mas-Colell, A., 1989.
"Implementation in economies with a Continuum of Agents,"
UFAE and IAE Working Papers
129.90, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Mas-Colell, Andreu & Vives, Xavier, 1993. "Implementation in Economies with a Continuum of Agents," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(3), pages 613-29, July.
- Dierker,Egbert, 1988.
"The optimality of Boiteaux-Ramsey pricing,"
Discussion Paper Serie A
159, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Guesnerie, Roger, 1975. "Production of the public sector and taxation in a simple second best model," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 127-156, April.
- Guesnerie, Roger, 1979. "General statements on second best pareto optimality," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 169-194, July.
- Jean-Jacques Laffont & Jean Tirole, 1993. "A Theory of Incentives in Procurement and Regulation," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262121743, June.
- Hurwicz, Leonid, 1979. "On allocations attainable through Nash equilibria," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 140-165, August.
- Guesnerie, Roger, 1977.
"On the direction of tax reform,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 179-202, April.
- Dreze, Jean & Stern, Nicholas, 1987. "The theory of cost-benefit analysis," Handbook of Public Economics, in: A. J. Auerbach & M. Feldstein (ed.), Handbook of Public Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 14, pages 909-989 Elsevier.
- Beato, Paulina, 1982. "The Existence of Marginal Cost Pricing Equilibria with Increasing Returns," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 97(4), pages 669-88, November.
- P. A. Diamond & J. A. Mirrlees, 1975.
"Private Constant Returns and Public Shadow Prices,"
151, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Roger Guesnerie & Michael Jerison, 1989.
"Taxation as a Social Choice Problem, The Scope of the Laffer Argument,"
Discussion Paper Serie A
245, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Guesnerie, Roger & Jerison, Michael, 1991. "Taxation as a social choice problem : The scope of the Laffer argument," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 37-63, February.
- Guesnerie, R. & Jerison, M., 1990. "Taxation as a Social Choice Problem, the Scope of the Laffer Argument," DELTA Working Papers 90-06, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Heady, Christopher J. & Mitra, Pradeep K., 1982. "Restricted redistributive taxation, shadow prices and trade policy," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 1-22, February.
- Hammond, Peter J, 1979. "Straightforward Individual Incentive Compatibility in Large Economies," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(2), pages 263-82, April.
- Champsaur, Paul & Laroque, Guy, 1981. "Fair allocations in large economies," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 269-282, October.
- Beato, Paulina & Mas-Colell, Andreu, 1985. "On marginal cost pricing with given tax-subsidy rules," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 356-365, December.
- Avinash Dixit, 1979.
"Price changes and optimum taxation in a many-consumer economy,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 143-157, March.
- Dixit, A.K., 1977. "Price Changes and Optimum Taxation in a Many-Consumer Economy," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 117, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Weymark, John A., 1979. "A reconciliation of recent results in optimal taxation theory," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 171-189, October.
- Murphy, Kevin M & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W, 1989.
"Income Distribution, Market Size, and Industrialization,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 104(3), pages 537-64, August.
- Kevin M. Murphy & Andrei Shleifer & Robert Vishny, 1988. "Income Distribution, Market Size, and Industrialization," NBER Working Papers 2709, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fogelman Francoise & Guesnerie Roger & Quinzii Martine, 1977.
"Dynamic processes for tax reform theory,"
CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange)
- Dixit, Avinash, 1975. "Welfare effects of tax and price changes," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 103-123, February.
- Guesnerie, Roger, 1975. "Pareto Optimality in Non-Convex Economies," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 43(1), pages 1-29, January.
- Cornet, Bernard, 1988. "General equilibrium theory and increasing returns : Presentation," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2-3), pages 103-118, April.
- Fuchs, Gerard & Guesnerie, Roger, 1983. "Structure of Tax Equilibria," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(2), pages 403-34, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eecrev:v:39:y:1995:i:3-4:p:353-381. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.