Output performance under central planning: a model of poor incentives
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 27 (2003)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Landshuter Str. 4, 93047 Regensburg|
Phone: +49-(0)941-943 54 10
Fax: +49-(0)941-943 54 27
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/621171
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Faith, Roger L & Short, Nancy C, 1995. "Bureaucratic Tenure and Economic Performance in Centrally Planned Economies," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 83(1-2), pages 139-157, April.
- Michael Keren, 1993. "Survey Article: Optimal Tautness and the Economics of Incentives in Bureaucracies," Comparative Economic Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 35(1), pages 85-117, April.
- Baron, David P. & Besanko, David, 1984. "Regulation and information in a continuing relationship," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 267-302.
- Sapir, Andre, 1980.
"Economic Growth and Factor Substitution: What Happened to the Yugoslav Miracle?,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 90(358), pages 294-313, June.
- André Sapir, 1980. "Economic growth and factor substitution: what happened to the Yugoslav miracle?," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/8294, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Spiller, Pablo T, 1990. "Politicians, Interest Groups, and Regulators: A Multiple-Principals Agency Theory of Regulation, or "Let Them Be Bribed."," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 33(1), pages 65-101, April.
- Leamer, Edward E. & Taylor, Mark P., 1999. "Estimating growth equations for previously centrally planned economies: Dealing with dubious data and disparate information," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 639-671.
- Banerjee, Abhijit V. & Spagat, Michael, 1992. "Shortages amid plenty under Soviet-type planning: A theory of unreliable supplies," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 302-308, June.
- Brada, Josef C., 1978. "Plan execution and the workability of soviet planning," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 65-69, March.
- Easterly, William & Fischer, Stanley, 1995. "The Soviet Economic Decline," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 9(3), pages 341-371, September.
- Banerjee, Abhuit V. & Spagat, Michael, 1991. "Productivity paralysis and the complexity problem: Why do centrally planned economies become prematurely gray?," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 646-660, December.
- Martin L. Weitzman, 1968.
"Soviet Postwar Economic Growth and Capital Labor Substitution,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
256, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Weitzman, Martin L, 1970. "Soviet Postwar Economic Growth and Capital-Labor Substitution," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(4), pages 676-692, September.
- Parsons, John E, 1986. "Credit Contracts in the G.D.R.: Decentralized Investment Decisions in a Planned Economy," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 20(1), pages 28-51.
- Keren, Michael, 1982. "The ministry, plan changes, and the ratchet in planning," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 327-342, December.
- Brada, Josef C, 1989. "Technological Progress and Factor Utilization in Eastern European Economic Growth," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 56(224), pages 433-48, November.
- Murrell, Peter & Olson, Mancur, 1991. "The devolution of centrally planned economies," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 239-265, June.
- Ickes, Barry W, 1990. "Do Socialist Countries Suffer a Common Business Cycle?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(3), pages 397-405, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecosys:v:27:y:2003:i:1:p:27-39. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.