Output performance under central planning: a model of poor incentives
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Weitzman, Martin L, 1970.
"Soviet Postwar Economic Growth and Capital-Labor Substitution,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 60(4), pages 676-692, September.
- Martin L. Weitzman, 1968. "Soviet Postwar Economic Growth and Capital Labor Substitution," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 256, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Banerjee, Abhuit V. & Spagat, Michael, 1991. "Productivity paralysis and the complexity problem: Why do centrally planned economies become prematurely gray?," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 646-660, December.
- Baron, David P. & Besanko, David, 1984. "Regulation and information in a continuing relationship," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 267-302.
- Brada, Josef C., 1978. "Plan execution and the workability of soviet planning," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 65-69, March.
- Banerjee, Abhijit V. & Spagat, Michael, 1992. "Shortages amid plenty under Soviet-type planning: A theory of unreliable supplies," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 302-308, June.
- Murrell, Peter & Olson, Mancur, 1991. "The devolution of centrally planned economies," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 239-265, June.
- Keren, Michael, 1982. "The ministry, plan changes, and the ratchet in planning," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 327-342, December.
- Parsons, John E, 1986. "Credit Contracts in the G.D.R.: Decentralized Investment Decisions in a Planned Economy," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 20(1), pages 28-51.
- Faith, Roger L & Short, Nancy C, 1995. "Bureaucratic Tenure and Economic Performance in Centrally Planned Economies," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 83(1-2), pages 139-157, April.
- Michael Keren, 1993. "Survey Article: Optimal Tautness and the Economics of Incentives in Bureaucracies," Comparative Economic Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 35(1), pages 85-117, April.
- Leamer, Edward E. & Taylor, Mark P., 1999. "Estimating growth equations for previously centrally planned economies: Dealing with dubious data and disparate information," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 639-671.
- Sapir, Andre, 1980.
"Economic Growth and Factor Substitution: What Happened to the Yugoslav Miracle?,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 90(358), pages 294-313, June.
- André Sapir, 1980. "Economic growth and factor substitution: what happened to the Yugoslav miracle?," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/8294, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Brada, Josef C, 1989. "Technological Progress and Factor Utilization in Eastern European Economic Growth," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 56(224), pages 433-448, November.
- Spiller, Pablo T, 1990. "Politicians, Interest Groups, and Regulators: A Multiple-Principals Agency Theory of Regulation, or "Let Them Be Bribed."," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 33(1), pages 65-101, April.
- Easterly, William & Fischer, Stanley, 1995. "The Soviet Economic Decline," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 9(3), pages 341-371, September.
- Ickes, Barry W, 1990. "Do Socialist Countries Suffer a Common Business Cycle?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(3), pages 397-405, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Luis Locay & Claustre Bajona, 2008. "The Role of Entrepreneurship in Productivity Growth: Decentralized versus Centrally Planned Economies," Working Papers 0725, University of Miami, Department of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecosys:v:27:y:2003:i:1:p:27-39. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/osteide.html .