The Color of Money: The Effects of Foreign Direct Investment on Economic Growth in Transition Economies
This paper examines the role of foreign direct investment in the growth of central and Eastern European countries, the Baltic States and the CIS around the transition period.
|Date of creation:||2002|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 35 Stirling Highway, Crawley, W.A. 6009|
Phone: (08) 9380 2918
Fax: (08) 9380 1016
Web page: http://www.business.uwa.edu.au/school/disciplines/economics
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kenneth A. Froot, 1994. "Foreign Direct Investment in Eastern Europe: Some Economic Considerations," NBER Chapters, in: The Transition in Eastern Europe, Volume 2: Restructuring, pages 293-318 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shujiro Urata & Hiroki Kawai, 2000. "Intrafirm Technology Transfer by Japanese Manufacturing Firms in Asia," NBER Chapters, in: The Role of Foreign Direct Investment in East Asian Economic Development, NBER-EASE Volume 9, pages 49-77 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul A. Samuelson, 1958. "An Exact Consumption-Loan Model of Interest with or without the Social Contrivance of Money," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 66, pages 467.
- Borensztein, E. & De Gregorio, J. & Lee, J-W., 1998.
"How does foreign direct investment affect economic growth?1,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 115-135, June.
- Eduardo Borensztein & Jose De Gregorio & Jong-Wha Lee, 1995. "How Does Foreign Direct Investment Affect Economic Growth?," NBER Working Papers 5057, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edwards, Sebastian, 1993. "Openness, Trade Liberalization, and Growth in Developing Countries," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 31(3), pages 1358-93, September.
- Weitzman, Martin L, 1970.
"Soviet Postwar Economic Growth and Capital-Labor Substitution,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 60(4), pages 676-92, September.
- Martin L. Weitzman, 1968. "Soviet Postwar Economic Growth and Capital Labor Substitution," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 256, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Sachs, Jeffrey D, 1996. "The Transition at Mid Decade," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(2), pages 128-33, May.
- Easterly, William & Fischer, Stanley, 1995. "The Soviet Economic Decline," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 9(3), pages 341-71, September.
- Costas Azariadis & Allan Drazen, 1990. "Threshold Externalities in Economic Development," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 105(2), pages 501-526.
- Brunetti, Aymo & Kisunko, Gregory & Weder, Beatrice, 1997. "Institutions in transition : reliability of rules and economic performance in former Socialist countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1809, The World Bank.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uwa:wpaper:02-16. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Verity Chia)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.