Applying linear time-varying constraints to econometric models: With an application to demand systems
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Murray, Jane, 1984. "Retail Demand for Meat in Australia: A Utility Theory Approach," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 60(168), pages 45-56, March.
- Harvey,Andrew C., 1991.
"Forecasting, Structural Time Series Models and the Kalman Filter,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521405737.
- Harvey,Andrew C., 1990. "Forecasting, Structural Time Series Models and the Kalman Filter," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521321969.
- Diewert, W. E., 1973. "Functional forms for profit and transformation functions," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 284-316, June.
- Doran, Howard E, 1992. "Constraining Kalman Filter and Smoothing Estimates to Satisfy Time-Varying Restrictions," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 74(3), pages 568-572, August.
- Lau, Lawrence J., 1978. "Applications of Profit Functions," Histoy of Economic Thought Chapters,in: Fuss, Melvyn & McFadden, Daniel (ed.), Production Economics: A Dual Approach to Theory and Applications, volume 1, chapter 3 McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mazzocchi, Mario, 2006. "Time patterns in UK demand for alcohol and tobacco: an application of the EM algorithm," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 50(9), pages 2191-2205, May.
- Christopher J. O'Donnell & Alicia N. Rambaldi & Howard E. Doran, 2001. "Estimating economic relationships subject to firm- and time-varying equality and inequality constraints," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(6), pages 709-726.
- Helmi Hamdi, 2013.
"Testing export-led growth in Tunisia and Morocco: New evidence using the Toda and Yamamoto procedure,"
AccessEcon, vol. 33(1), pages 677-686.
- Hamdi, Helmi, 2013. "Testing Export-led Growth in Tunisia and Morocco: New Evidence using the Toda and Yamamoto procedure," MPRA Paper 65072, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- O'Donnell, Christopher J., 2000. "Estimating The Characteristics Of Homogeneous Functionsusing Flexible Functional Forms," 2000 Conference (44th), January 23-25, 2000, Sydney, Australia 123713, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Helmi Hamdi & Rashid Sbia & Bedri Kamil Onur Tas, 2014.
"Financial Deepening and Economic Growth in Gulf Cooperation Council Countries,"
International Economic Journal,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(3), pages 459-473, September.
- HAMDI, Helmi & SBIA, Rashid & TAS, Bedri, 2012. "Financial deepening and economic growth in Gulf Cooperation Council countries," MPRA Paper 49907, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2012.
- Helmi Hamdi & Rashid Sbia & Bedri Kamil Onur Tas, 2014. "Financial Deepening and Economic Growth in Gulf Cooperation Council Countries," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/206827, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Li, Gang & Song, Haiyan & Witt, Stephen F., 2006. "Time varying parameter and fixed parameter linear AIDS: An application to tourism demand forecasting," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 57-71.
- Orbe, Susan & Ferreira, Eva & Rodriguez-Poo, Juan, 2003. "An algorithm to estimate time-varying parameter SURE models under different types of restriction," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 363-383, March.
- William A. Barnett & Isaac Kalonda Kanyama, 2013.
"Time-varying parameters in the almost ideal demand system and the Rotterdam model: will the best specification please stand up?,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(29), pages 4169-4183, October.
- Barnett, William A. & Kalonda-Kanyama, Isaac, 2012. "Time-varying parameters in the almost ideal demand system and the Rotterdam model: will the best specification please stand up?," MPRA Paper 36513, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- William A. Barnett and Isaac Kalonda-Kanyama, 2013. "Time-Varying Parameter in the Almost Ideal Demand System and the Rotterdam Model: Will the Best Specification Please Stand Up?," Working Papers 335, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- William Barnett & Isaac Kalonda-Kanyama, 2012. "Time-Varying Parameters in the Almost Ideal Demand System and the Rotterdam Model: Will the Best Specication Please Stand Up?," WORKING PAPERS SERIES IN THEORETICAL AND APPLIED ECONOMICS 201201, University of Kansas, Department of Economics, revised Feb 2012.
- Dr Alicia Rambaldi & Dr Chris O'Donnell & Howard E.Doran, 2003. "Imposing Observation-Varying Equality Constraints Using Generalised Restricted Least Squares," Discussion Papers Series 323, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Pizzinga, Adrian & Fernandes, Cristiano & Contreras, Sergio, 2008. "Restricted Kalman filtering revisited," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 144(2), pages 428-429, June.
- Helmi Hamdi & Rashid Sbia, 2013.
"The relationship between natural resources rents, trade openness and economic growth in Algeria,"
AccessEcon, vol. 33(2), pages 1649-1659.
- HAMDI, Helmi & SBIA, Rashid, 2012. "Natural resource rents, fiscal policy and economic growth in Algeria," MPRA Paper 49910, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Helmi Hamdi & Rashid Sbia, 2013. "The relationship between natural resources rents, trade openness and economic growth in algeria," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/199932, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Christopher Parmeter & Kai Sun & Daniel Henderson & Subal Kumbhakar, 2014. "Estimation and inference under economic restrictions," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 41(1), pages 111-129, February.
- Adrian Pizzinga, 2010. "Constrained Kalman Filtering: Additional Results," International Statistical Review, International Statistical Institute, vol. 78(2), pages 189-208, August.
- Pizzinga, Adrian, 2009. "Further investigation into restricted Kalman filtering," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 79(2), pages 264-269, January.
- Toru Komaki & Jeremy Penzer, 2005. "Estimation of time-varying price elasticity in 1970-1997 Japanese raw milk supply by structural time-series model," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 32(1), pages 1-14, January.
- Kai Sun, 2015. "Constrained nonparametric estimation of input distance function," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 43(1), pages 85-97, February.
- A. Peyrache & A. N. Rambaldi, 2012. "A State-Space Stochastic Frontier Panel Data Model," CEPA Working Papers Series WP012012, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Gao, Lei & Mei, Bin, 2013. "Investor attention and abnormal performance of timberland investments in the United States," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 60-65.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:econom:v:79:y:1997:i:1:p:83-95. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.