On the jump activity index for semimartingales
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jacod, Jean, 2008. "Asymptotic properties of realized power variations and related functionals of semimartingales," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 118(4), pages 517-559, April.
- Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen & Neil Shephard, 2006.
"Econometrics of Testing for Jumps in Financial Economics Using Bipower Variation,"
Journal of Financial Econometrics,
Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 4(1), pages 1-30.
- Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen & Neil Shephard, 2003. "Econometrics of testing for jumps in financial economics using bipower variation," Economics Papers 2003-W21, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen & Neil Shephard, 2004. "Econometrics of testing for jumps in financial economics using bipower variationÂ," OFRC Working Papers Series 2004fe01, Oxford Financial Research Centre.
- Jérémy Poirot & Peter Tankov, 2006. "Monte Carlo Option Pricing for Tempered Stable (CGMY) Processes," Asia-Pacific Financial Markets, Springer;Japanese Association of Financial Economics and Engineering, vol. 13(4), pages 327-344, December.
- Zhao, Zhibiao & Wu, Wei Biao, 2009. "Nonparametric inference of discretely sampled stable Lévy processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 153(1), pages 83-92, November.
- Fan, Jianqing & Wang, Yazhen, 2007. "Multi-Scale Jump and Volatility Analysis for High-Frequency Financial Data," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 102, pages 1349-1362, December.
- Ait-Sahalia, Yacine, 2004. "Disentangling diffusion from jumps," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 74(3), pages 487-528, December.
- Viktor Todorov & George Tauchen, 2010. "Limit Theorems for Power Variations of Pure-Jump Processes with Application to Activity Estimation," Working Papers 10-74, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Yacine Aït-Sahalia, 2002.
"Telling from Discrete Data Whether the Underlying Continuous-Time Model Is a Diffusion,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 57(5), pages 2075-2112, October.
- Yacine Ait-Sahalia, 2001. "Telling from Discrete Data Whether the Underlying Continuous-Time Model is a Diffusion," NBER Working Papers 8504, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Peter Carr & Helyette Geman, 2002. "The Fine Structure of Asset Returns: An Empirical Investigation," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 75(2), pages 305-332, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:econom:v:202:y:2018:i:1:p:18-44 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hounyo, Ulrich & Varneskov, Rasmus T., 2017. "A local stable bootstrap for power variations of pure-jump semimartingales and activity index estimation," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 198(1), pages 10-28.
- repec:eee:econom:v:203:y:2018:i:2:p:256-266 is not listed on IDEAS
- Figueroa-López, José E. & Nisen, Jeffrey, 2013. "Optimally thresholded realized power variations for Lévy jump diffusion models," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 123(7), pages 2648-2677.
- Adam D. Bull, 2014. "Near-optimal estimation of jump activity in semimartingales," Papers 1409.8150, arXiv.org, revised Jan 2016.
- Zhi Liu, 2017. "Jump-robust estimation of volatility with simultaneous presence of microstructure noise and multiple observations," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 21(2), pages 427-469, April.
- repec:oup:biomet:v:104:y:2017:i:2:p:397-410. is not listed on IDEAS
- Torben G. Andersen & Nicola Fusari & Viktor Todorov & Rasmus T. Varneskov, 1001. "Option Panels in Pure-Jump Settings," CREATES Research Papers 2018-04, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Xin Zhang & Donggyu Kim & Yazhen Wang, 2016. "Jump Variation Estimation with Noisy High Frequency Financial Data via Wavelets," Econometrics, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(3), pages 1-26, August.
- Mykland, Per A. & Zhang, Lan, 2016. "Between data cleaning and inference: Pre-averaging and robust estimators of the efficient price," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 194(2), pages 242-262.
- repec:eee:econom:v:204:y:2018:i:1:p:18-32 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsSemimartingale; Power variation; High frequency; Jump activity index; Stable convergence;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:econom:v:166:y:2012:i:2:p:213-223. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.