On the jump activity index for semimartingales
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jacod, Jean, 2008. "Asymptotic properties of realized power variations and related functionals of semimartingales," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 118(4), pages 517-559, April.
- Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen & Neil Shephard, 2006.
"Econometrics of Testing for Jumps in Financial Economics Using Bipower Variation,"
Journal of Financial Econometrics,
Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 4(1), pages 1-30.
- Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen & Neil Shephard, 2003. "Econometrics of testing for jumps in financial economics using bipower variation," Economics Papers 2003-W21, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen & Neil Shephard, 2004. "Econometrics of testing for jumps in financial economics using bipower variationÂ," OFRC Working Papers Series 2004fe01, Oxford Financial Research Centre.
- Jérémy Poirot & Peter Tankov, 2006. "Monte Carlo Option Pricing for Tempered Stable (CGMY) Processes," Asia-Pacific Financial Markets, Springer;Japanese Association of Financial Economics and Engineering, vol. 13(4), pages 327-344, December.
- Zhao, Zhibiao & Wu, Wei Biao, 2009. "Nonparametric inference of discretely sampled stable Lévy processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 153(1), pages 83-92, November.
- Fan, Jianqing & Wang, Yazhen, 2007. "Multi-Scale Jump and Volatility Analysis for High-Frequency Financial Data," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 102, pages 1349-1362, December.
- Ait-Sahalia, Yacine, 2004. "Disentangling diffusion from jumps," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 74(3), pages 487-528, December.
- Viktor Todorov & George Tauchen, 2010. "Limit Theorems for Power Variations of Pure-Jump Processes with Application to Activity Estimation," Working Papers 10-74, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Yacine Aït-Sahalia, 2002.
"Telling from Discrete Data Whether the Underlying Continuous-Time Model Is a Diffusion,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 57(5), pages 2075-2112, October.
- Yacine Ait-Sahalia, 2001. "Telling from Discrete Data Whether the Underlying Continuous-Time Model is a Diffusion," NBER Working Papers 8504, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Peter Carr & Helyette Geman, 2002. "The Fine Structure of Asset Returns: An Empirical Investigation," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 75(2), pages 305-332, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:econom:v:202:y:2018:i:1:p:18-44 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hounyo, Ulrich & Varneskov, Rasmus T., 2017. "A local stable bootstrap for power variations of pure-jump semimartingales and activity index estimation," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 198(1), pages 10-28.
- Figueroa-López, José E. & Nisen, Jeffrey, 2013. "Optimally thresholded realized power variations for Lévy jump diffusion models," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 123(7), pages 2648-2677.
- Adam D. Bull, 2014. "Near-optimal estimation of jump activity in semimartingales," Papers 1409.8150, arXiv.org, revised Jan 2016.
- Zhi Liu, 2017. "Jump-robust estimation of volatility with simultaneous presence of microstructure noise and multiple observations," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 21(2), pages 427-469, April.
- repec:oup:biomet:v:104:y:2017:i:2:p:397-410. is not listed on IDEAS
- Torben G. Andersen & Nicola Fusari & Viktor Todorov & Rasmus T. Varneskov, 1001. "Option Panels in Pure-Jump Settings," CREATES Research Papers 2018-04, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Xin Zhang & Donggyu Kim & Yazhen Wang, 2016. "Jump Variation Estimation with Noisy High Frequency Financial Data via Wavelets," Econometrics, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(3), pages 1-26, August.
- Mykland, Per A. & Zhang, Lan, 2016. "Between data cleaning and inference: Pre-averaging and robust estimators of the efficient price," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 194(2), pages 242-262.
More about this item
KeywordsSemimartingale; Power variation; High frequency; Jump activity index; Stable convergence;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:econom:v:166:y:2012:i:2:p:213-223. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom .