Information indices: unification and applications
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Theil, Henri, 1980. "The entropy of the maximum entropy distribution," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 145-148.
- P. M. Robinson, 1991. "Consistent Nonparametric Entropy-Based Testing," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 58(3), pages 437-453.
- Theil, Henri, 1987. "How many bits of information does an independent variable yield in a multiple regression?," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 107-108, November.
- Mazzuchi, T.A & Soofi, E.S & Soyer, R, 2000. "Computation of maximum entropy Dirichlet for modeling lifetime data," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 32(3-4), pages 361-378, January.
- Theil, Henri & Lightburn, Richard O., 1981. "The positive maximum entropy distribution," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 67-72.
- Colin Cameron, A. & Windmeijer, Frank A. G., 1997. "An R-squared measure of goodness of fit for some common nonlinear regression models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 77(2), pages 329-342, April.
- Brockett, Patrick L. & Charnes, Abraham & Cooper, William W. & Learner, David & Phillips, Fred Y., 1995. "Information theory as a unifying statistical approach for use in marketing research," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 84(2), pages 310-329, July.
- Tinsley, P. A. & Spindt, P. A. & Friar, M. E., 1980. "Indicator and filter attributes of monetary aggregates : A nit-picking case for disaggregation," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 61-91, September.
- Gokhale, D. V., 1983. "On entropy-based goodness-of-fit tests," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 157-165, March.
- Soofi, Ehsan S., 1990. "Effects of collinearity on information about regression coefficients," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 255-274, March.
- Peter Hall & Sally Morton, 1993. "On the estimation of entropy," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 45(1), pages 69-88, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Scharfenaker, Ellis & dos Santos, Paulo L., 2015. "The distribution and regulation of Tobin’s q," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 137(C), pages 191-194.
- Salois, Matthew & Moss, Charles, 2010. "An Information Approach to the Dynamics in Farm Income: Implications for Farmland Markets," MPRA Paper 26850, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Matthew Salois & Charles Moss & Kenneth Erickson, 2012.
"Farm income, population and farmland prices: a relative information approach,"
European Review of Agricultural Economics,
Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 39(2), pages 289-307, April.
- Salois, Matthew & Moss, Charles & Erickson, Kenneth, 2010. "Farm Income, Population, and Farmland Prices: A Relative Information Approach," MPRA Paper 26848, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Soofi, E.S. & Nystrom, P.C. & Yasai-Ardekani, M., 2009. "Executives' perceived environmental uncertainty shortly after 9/11," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 53(9), pages 3502-3515, July.
- Golan, Amos & Perloff, Jeffrey M., 2002. "Comparison of maximum entropy and higher-order entropy estimators," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 107(1-2), pages 195-211, March.
- Retzer, J.J. & Soofi, E.S. & Soyer, R., 2009. "Information importance of predictors: Concept, measures, Bayesian inference, and applications," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 53(6), pages 2363-2377, April.
- Carpio, Carlos E. & Sydorovych, Olha & Marra, Michele C., 2007. "Relative Importance of Environmental Attributes Using Logistic Regression," 2007 Annual Meeting, February 4-7, 2007, Mobile, Alabama 34846, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Salois, Matthew J., 2013. "Regional changes in the distribution of foreign aid: An entropy approach," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 392(13), pages 2893-2902.
- Bera Anil K. & Galvao Antonio F. & Montes-Rojas Gabriel V. & Park Sung Y., 2016. "Asymmetric Laplace Regression: Maximum Likelihood, Maximum Entropy and Quantile Regression," Journal of Econometric Methods, De Gruyter, vol. 5(1), pages 79-101, January.
- M. Laura Donnet & Dave D. Weatherspoon & Charles B. Moss, 2010. "Measuring Food Product Differentiation by Quality Ratings: A Cross-Entropy Analysis of Specialty Coffee e-Auctions," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(1), pages 122-137.
- Golan, Amos, 2002. "Information and Entropy Econometrics--Editor's View," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 107(1-2), pages 1-15, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:econom:v:107:y:2002:i:1-2:p:17-40. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.