An Information Approach to the Dynamics in Farm Income: Implications for Farmland Markets
The valuation of farmland is a perennial issue for agricultural policy, given its importance in the farm investment portfolio. Despite the significance of farmland values to farmer wealth, prediction remains a difficult task. This study develops a dynamic information measure to examine the informational content of income to farmland in explaining the distribution of farmland values over time.
|Date of creation:||31 Oct 2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sonia R. Bentes & Rui Menezes & Diana A. Mendes, 2007. "Long Memory and Volatility Clustering: is the empirical evidence consistent across stock markets?," Papers 0709.2178, arXiv.org, revised Mar 2008.
- Robert J. Shiller, 1980.
"Do Stock Prices Move Too Much to be Justified by Subsequent Changes in Dividends?,"
NBER Working Papers
0456, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shiller, Robert J, 1981. "Do Stock Prices Move Too Much to be Justified by Subsequent Changes in Dividends?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 421-36, June.
- Robertson, John C & Tallman, Ellis W & Whiteman, Charles H, 2005.
"Forecasting Using Relative Entropy,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 37(3), pages 383-401, June.
- Robert J. Shiller, 2003.
"From Efficient Markets Theory to Behavioral Finance,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 17(1), pages 83-104, Winter.
- Robert J. Shiller, 2002. "From Efficient Market Theory to Behavioral Finance," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1385, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Moss, Charles B. & Mishra, Ashok K. & Erickson, Kenneth W., 2005.
"Next Year On The U.S. Farmland Market: An Informational Approach,"
2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI
19186, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Charles Moss & Ashok Mishra & Kenneth Erickson, 2007. "Next year on the US farmland market: an informational approach," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(5), pages 581-585.
- Golan, Amos, 2007. "Information and entropy econometrics - volume overview and synthesis," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 138(2), pages 379-387, June.
- Bentes, Sónia R. & Menezes, Rui & Mendes, Diana A., 2008. "Long memory and volatility clustering: Is the empirical evidence consistent across stock markets?," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 387(15), pages 3826-3830.
- Maasoumi, Esfandiar & Racine, Jeff, 2002. "Entropy and predictability of stock market returns," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 107(1-2), pages 291-312, March.
- Gabriel Power & Calum Turvey, 2010. "US rural land value bubbles," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(7), pages 649-656.
- Barry K. Goodwin & Ashok K. Mishra & Fran�ois N. Ortalo-Magné, 2003. "What's Wrong with Our Models of Agricultural Land Values?," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(3), pages 744-752.
- Soofi, E. S. & Retzer, J. J., 2002. "Information indices: unification and applications," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 107(1-2), pages 17-40, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:26850. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.