Divisionalization in contests
To be represented by more than one contestant in a contest has advantages and disadvantages. This paper determines the conditions under which it is favorable to send several agents into the contest.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Stergios Skaperdas, 1996.
"Contest success functions (*),"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 7(2), pages 283-290.
- Baye, Michael R & Crocker, Keith J & Ju, Jiandong, 1996. "Divisionalization, Franchising, and Divestiture Incentives in Oligopoly," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(1), pages 223-36, March.
- Kai A. Konrad & Wolfgang Peters & Karl Wärneryd, 2004.
"Delegation in first-price all-pay auctions,"
Managerial and Decision Economics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(5), pages 283-290.
- Konrad, Kai A. & Peters, Wolfgang & Wärneryd, Karl, 1999. "Delegation in first-price all-pay auctions," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 316, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Baik, Kyung Hwan & Kim, In-Gyu, 1997. "Delegation in contests," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 281-298, May.
- Baye, Michael R & Kovenock, Dan & de Vries, Casper G, 1994. "The Solution to the Tullock Rent-Seeking Game When R Is Greater Than 2: Mixed-Strategy Equilibria and Mean Dissipation Rates," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 81(3-4), pages 363-80, December.
- repec:dgr:rugsom:99b47 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lambert Schoonbeek, 2002.
"A delegated agent in a winner-takes-all contest,"
Applied Economics Letters,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(1), pages 21-23.
- Gaudet, Gerard & Salant, Stephen W, 1991. "Increasing the Profits of a Subset of Firms in Oligopoly Models with Strategic Substitutes," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(3), pages 658-65, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:70:y:2001:i:1:p:89-93. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.