Divisionalization in contests
To be represented by more than one contestant in a contest has advantages and disadvantages. This paper determines the conditions under which it is favorable to send several agents into the contest.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kai A. Konrad & Wolfgang Peters & Karl Wärneryd, 2004.
"Delegation in first-price all-pay auctions,"
Managerial and Decision Economics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(5), pages 283-290.
- Konrad, Kai A. & Peters, Wolfgang & Wärneryd, Karl, 1999. "Delegation in first-price all-pay auctions," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 316, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Baik, Kyung Hwan & Kim, In-Gyu, 1997. "Delegation in contests," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 281-298, May.
- repec:dgr:rugsom:99b47 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lambert Schoonbeek, 2002. "A delegated agent in a winner-takes-all contest," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(1), pages 21-23.
- Schoonbeek, Lambert, 1999. "A delegated agent in a winner-take-all contest," Research Report 99B47, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
- Baye, Michael R & Crocker, Keith J & Ju, Jiandong, 1996. "Divisionalization, Franchising, and Divestiture Incentives in Oligopoly," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(1), pages 223-236, March.
- Baye, Michael R & Kovenock, Dan & de Vries, Casper G, 1994. "The Solution to the Tullock Rent-Seeking Game When R Is Greater Than 2: Mixed-Strategy Equilibria and Mean Dissipation Rates," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 81(3-4), pages 363-380, December.
- Stergios Skaperdas, 1996. "Contest success functions (*)," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 7(2), pages 283-290.
- Skaperdas, Stergios, 1996. "Contest Success Functions," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 7(2), pages 283-290, February.
- Gaudet, Gerard & Salant, Stephen W, 1991. "Increasing the Profits of a Subset of Firms in Oligopoly Models with Strategic Substitutes," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(3), pages 658-665, June. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)