Divisionalization in contests
To be represented by more than one contestant in a contest has advantages and disadvantages. This paper determines the conditions under which it is favorable to send several agents into the contest.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:dgr:rugsom:99b47 is not listed on IDEAS
- Baik, Kyung Hwan & Kim, In-Gyu, 1997. "Delegation in contests," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 281-298, May.
- Schoonbeek, Lambert, 1999.
"A delegated agent in a winner-take-all contest,"
99B47, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
- Konrad, Kai A. & Peters, Wolfgang & Wärneryd, Karl, 1999.
"Delegation in first-price all-pay auctions,"
SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance
316, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Stergios Skaperdas, 1996.
"Contest success functions (*),"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 7(2), pages 283-290.
- Baye, Michael R & Kovenock, Dan & de Vries, Casper G, 1994. "The Solution to the Tullock Rent-Seeking Game When R Is Greater Than 2: Mixed-Strategy Equilibria and Mean Dissipation Rates," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 81(3-4), pages 363-80, December.
- Gaudet, Gerard & Salant, Stephen W, 1991. "Increasing the Profits of a Subset of Firms in Oligopoly Models with Strategic Substitutes," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(3), pages 658-65, June.
- Baye, Michael R & Crocker, Keith J & Ju, Jiandong, 1996. "Divisionalization, Franchising, and Divestiture Incentives in Oligopoly," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(1), pages 223-36, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:70:y:2001:i:1:p:89-93. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.