Evidence on the substitutability between government purchases and consumer spending within specific spending categories
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Karras, Georgios, 1994. "Government Spending and Private Consumption: Some International Evidence," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 26(1), pages 9-22, February.
- Ni, Shawn, 1995. "An empirical analysis on the substitutability between private consumption and government purchases," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 593-605, December.
- Aschauer, David Alan, 1985. "Fiscal Policy and Aggregate Demand," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(1), pages 117-127, March.
- Charles R. Bean, 1986.
"The Estimation of "Surprise" Models and the "Surprise" Consumption Function,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 53(4), pages 497-516.
- Bean, Charles R, 1985. "The Estimation of 'Surprise' Models and the 'Surprise' Consumption Function," CEPR Discussion Papers 54, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Campbell, John Y & Mankiw, N Gregory, 1990.
"Permanent Income, Current Income, and Consumption,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 8(3), pages 265-279, July.
- John Y. Campbell & N. Gregory Mankiw, 1987. "Permanent Income, Current Income, and Consumption," NBER Working Papers 2436, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Campbell, John Y. & Mankiw, N. Gregory, 1990. "Permanent Income, Current Income, and Consumption," Scholarly Articles 3353762, Harvard University Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Molana, Hassan & Zhang, Junxi, 2001. " Market Structure and Fiscal Policy Effectiveness," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 103(1), pages 147-164, March.
- Blomberg, S. Brock & Hess, Gregory D., 2003. "Is the political business cycle for real?," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(5-6), pages 1091-1121, May.
- D. Aristei & Luca Pieroni, 2008. "Cointegration Rank Test and Long Run Specification: A Note on the Robustness of Structural Demand Systems," Working Papers 0809, Department of Accounting, Economics and Finance, Bristol Business School, University of the West of England, Bristol.
- Fiorito, Riccardo & Kollintzas, Tryphon, 2004.
"Public goods, merit goods, and the relation between private and government consumption,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 48(6), pages 1367-1398, December.
- Fiorito, Riccardo & Kollintzas, Tryphon, 2002. "Public Goods, Merit Goods, and the Relation Between Private and Government Consumption," CEPR Discussion Papers 3617, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Pieroni, Luca, 2009. "Does defence expenditure affect private consumption? Evidence from the United States," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 1300-1309, November.
- Carneiro,Francisco Galrao & Hnatkovska,Viktoria, 2016. "Business cycles in the eastern Caribbean economies: the role of fiscal policy and interest rates," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7545, The World Bank.
- Ghate, Chetan & Gopalakrishnan, Pawan & Tarafdar, Suchismita, 2014. "Fiscal Policy in an Emerging Market Business Cycle Model," MPRA Paper 60449, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- David Aristei & Luca Pieroni, 2005. "Estimating the Role of Government Expenditure in Long-run Consumption," Quaderni del Dipartimento di Economia, Finanza e Statistica 13/2005, Università di Perugia, Dipartimento Economia.
- Luca Pieroni, 2007. "How Strong is the Relationship between Defence Expenditure and Private Consumption? Evidence from the United States," Working Papers 0705, Department of Accounting, Economics and Finance, Bristol Business School, University of the West of England, Bristol.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:58:y:1998:i:3:p:325-329. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .