The effect of feedback consistency on success in markets with positive feedbacks
In this paper, we show how the finite time expected outcomes in a stochastic ball and urn model depend on the variation in feedbacks by applying the concept of second order stochastic dominance to the feedback distribution. We find that less variation leads to greater expected outcomes.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Page, Scott E., 2006. "Path Dependence," Quarterly Journal of Political Science, now publishers, vol. 1(1), pages 87-115, January.
- Anderson, Lisa R & Holt, Charles A, 1997. "Information Cascades in the Laboratory," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(5), pages 847-62, December.
- Dosi, Giovanni & Ermoliev, Yuri & Kaniovski, Yuri, 1994. "Generalized urn schemes and technological dynamics," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 1-19, January.
- Balmann, Alfons & Odening, Martin & Weikard, Hans-Peter & Brandes, Wilhelm, 1996.
"Path-dependence without increasing returns to scale and network externalities,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 159-172, January.
- Balmann, Alfons & Odening, Martin & Weikard, Hans-Peter & Brandes, Wilhelm, 1993. "Path-Dependence Without Increasing Returns To Scale And Network Externalities," Staff Papers 13402, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Mark Granovetter, 2005. "The Impact of Social Structure on Economic Outcomes," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 19(1), pages 33-50, Winter.
- Plott, Charles & Hung, Angela, 1998.
"Information Cascades: Replication and an Extension to Majority Rule and Conformity Rewarding Institutions,"
1051, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Angela A. Hung & Charles R. Plott, 2001. "Information Cascades: Replication and an Extension to Majority Rule and Conformity-Rewarding Institutions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(5), pages 1508-1520, December.
- De Vany, Arthur & Walls, W David, 1996. "Bose-Einstein Dynamics and Adaptive Contracting in the Motion Picture Industry," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(439), pages 1493-1514, November.
- Kevin B. Hendricks & Vinod R. Singhal, 1997. "Does Implementing an Effective TQM Program Actually Improve Operating Performance? Empirical Evidence from Firms That Have Won Quality Awards," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 43(9), pages 1258-1274, September.
- Easton, George S & Jarrell, Sherry L, 1998. "The Effects of Total Quality Management on Corporate Performance: An Empirical Investigation," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 71(2), pages 253-307, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:114:y:2012:i:3:p:259-261. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.