Employment impacts of EU biofuels policy: Combining bottom-up technology information and sectoral market simulations in an input-output framework
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Mongelli, Ignazio & Löschel, Andreas & Neuwahl, Frederik & Delgado, Luis, 2008. "Employment Impacts of EU Biofuels Policy: Combining Bottom-up Technology Information and Sectoral Market Simulations in an Input-output Framework," ZEW Discussion Papers 08-049, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
References listed on IDEAS
- Marcelo Pereira Da Cunha & Jose Antonio Scaramucci, 2006. "Bioethanol As Basis for Regional Development in Brazil: An Input-Output Model With Mixed Technologies," ERSA conference papers ersa06p242, European Regional Science Association.
- Brannlund, Runar & Nordstrom, Jonas, 2004.
"Carbon tax simulations using a household demand model,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 211-233, February.
- Brännlund, Runar & Nordström, Jonas, 1999. "Carbon Tax Simulations Using a Household Demand Model," Umeå Economic Studies 508, Umeå University, Department of Economics.
- Pantelis Capros & Leonidas Mantzos, 2000. "The European energy outlook to 2010 and 2030," International Journal of Global Energy Issues, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 14(1/2/3/4), pages 137-154.
- Xavier Labandeira & José M. Labeaga & Miguel Rodríguez, 2006.
"A Residential Energy Demand System for Spain,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 87-112.
- Xavier Labandeira & José M. Labeaga & Miguel Rodríguez, "undated". "A Residential Energy Demand System for Spain," Working Papers 2005-04, FEDEA.
- Xavier Labandeira & José M. Labeaga & Miguel Rodríguez, 2005. "A Residential Energy Demand System for Spain," Econometrics 0503005, EconWPA.
- Xavier Labandeira & José M. Labeaga & Miguel Rodríguez, 2005. "A Residential Energy Demand System for Spain," Working Papers 0501, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research.
- James Banks & Richard Blundell & Arthur Lewbel, 1997. "Quadratic Engel Curves And Consumer Demand," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 79(4), pages 527-539, November.
- Ryan, Lisa & Convery, Frank & Ferreira, Susana, 2006. "Stimulating the use of biofuels in the European Union: Implications for climate change policy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(17), pages 3184-3194, November.
- Hillebrand, Bernhard & Buttermann, Hans Georg & Behringer, Jean Marc & Bleuel, Michaela, 2006. "The expansion of renewable energies and employment effects in Germany," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(18), pages 3484-3494, December.
- Kletzan, Daniela & Koppl, Angela & Kratena, Kurt & Schleicher, Stefan & Wuger, Michael, 2006. "Towards sustainable consumption: Economic modelling of mobility and heating for Austria," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(4), pages 608-626, June.
- Lee, Chinkook, 2002. "The Impact Of Intermediate Input Price Changes On Food Prices: An Analysis Of "From-The-Ground-Up" Effects," Journal of Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics Association of Georgia, vol. 20(1).
- Jose Labeaga & Angel Lopez, 1997. "A study of petrol consumption using Spanish panel data," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(6), pages 795-802.
- McDonald, Scott & Robinson, Sherman & Thierfelder, Karen, 2006. "Impact of switching production to bioenergy crops: The switchgrass example," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 243-265, March.
- Jose Rueda-Cantuche & Joerg Beutel & Frederik Neuwahl & Ignazio Mongelli & Andreas Loeschel, 2009. "A Symmetric Input-Output Table For Eu27: Latest Progress," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(1), pages 59-79.
- Silvia Tiezzi, 2002. "Environmental defensive expenditures and households behaviour in Italy," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(16), pages 2053-2061.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Markandya, Anil & Arto, Iñaki & González-Eguino, Mikel & Román, Maria V., 2016. "Towards a green energy economy? Tracking the employment effects of low-carbon technologies in the European Union," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 179(C), pages 1342-1350.
- Tsita, Katerina G. & Pilavachi, Petros A., 2012. "Evaluation of alternative fuels for the Greek road transport sector using the analytic hierarchy process," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 677-686.
- Sievers, Luisa & Schaffer, Axel, 2016. "The impacts of the German biofuel quota on sectoral domestic production and imports of the German economy," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 497-505.
- Rao, Narasimha D., 2013. "Distributional impacts of climate change mitigation in Indian electricity: The influence of governance," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 1344-1356.
- Llera Sastresa, Eva & Usón, Alfonso Aranda & Bribián, Ignacio Zabalza & Scarpellini, Sabina, 2010. "Local impact of renewables on employment: Assessment methodology and case study," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 679-690, February.
- Herreras Martínez, Sara & van Eijck, Janske & Pereira da Cunha, Marcelo & Guilhoto, Joaquim J.M. & Walter, Arnaldo & Faaij, Andre, 2013. "Analysis of socio-economic impacts of sustainable sugarcane–ethanol production by means of inter-regional Input–Output analysis: Demonstrated for Northeast Brazil," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 290-316.
- Santamaría, Marta & Azqueta, Diego, 2015. "Promoting biofuels use in Spain: A cost-benefit analysis," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 1415-1424.
- Többen, Johannes, 2017. "Regional Net Impacts and Social Distribution Effects of Promoting Renewable Energies in Germany," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 135(C), pages 195-208.
- repec:eee:appene:v:210:y:2018:i:c:p:256-267 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tsita, Katerina G. & Pilavachi, Petros A., 2013. "Evaluation of next generation biomass derived fuels for the transport sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 443-455.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:82:y:2018:i:p3:p:2834-2842 is not listed on IDEAS
- Simas, Moana & Pacca, Sergio, 2014. "Assessing employment in renewable energy technologies: A case study for wind power in Brazil," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 83-90.
- Monica Padella & Adele Finco & Wallace E. Tyner, 2012. "Impacts of Biofuels Policies in the EU," Economics of Energy & Environmental Policy, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3).
- Chang, Young-Tae & Shin, Sung-Ho & Lee, Paul Tae-Woo, 2014. "Economic impact of port sectors on South African economy: An input–output analysis," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 333-340.
- Lindberg, Gunnar, 2011. "Linkages: economic analysis of agriculture in the wider economy," Department of Economics publications 2432, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Department of Economics.
- García, Carlos A. & Manzini, Fabio & Islas, Jorge M., 2017. "Sustainability assessment of ethanol production from two crops in Mexico," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 1199-1207.
- Wang, Can & Zhang, Weishi & Cai, Wenjia & Xie, Xi, 2013. "Employment impacts of CDM projects in China's power sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 481-491.
- repec:spr:envpol:v:19:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s10018-016-0158-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Paredes-Sánchez, José P. & García-Elcoro, Víctor E. & Rosillo-Calle, Frank & Xiberta-Bernat, Jorge, 2016. "Assessment of forest bioenergy potential in a coal-producing area in Asturias (Spain) and recommendations for setting up a Biomass Logistic Centre (BLC)," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 171(C), pages 133-141.
- G. Lindberg & P. Midmore & Y. Surry, 2012. "Agriculture’s Inter-industry Linkages, Aggregation Bias and Rural Policy Reforms," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 63(3), pages 552-575, September.
- Malik, Arunima & Lenzen, Manfred & Ely, Rômulo Neves & Dietzenbacher, Erik, 2014. "Simulating the impact of new industries on the economy: The case of biorefining in Australia," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 84-93.
More about this item
KeywordsBiofuels Input-output Employment;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:68:y:2008:i:1-2:p:447-460. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.