Economic evaluation of smallholder subsistence livestock production: lessons from an Ethiopian goat development program
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- de Ridder, N. & Wagenaar, K. T., 1986. "Energy and protein balances in traditional livestock systems and ranching in eastern Botswana," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 1-16.
- Drucker, Adam G. & Gomez, Veronica & Anderson, Simon, 2001. "The economic valuation of farm animal genetic resources: a survey of available methods," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 1-18, January.
- Upton, Martin, 1985. "Returns from small ruminant production in South West Nigeria," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 65-83.
- Bosman, H. G. & Moll, H. A. J. & Udo, H. M. J., 1997. "Measuring and interpreting the benefits of goat keeping in tropical farm systems," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 53(4), pages 349-372, April.
- Scoones, Ian, 1992. "The economic value of livestock in the communal areas of southern Zimbabwe," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 339-359.
- Cossins, Noel J. & Upton, Martin, 1987. "The Borana pastoral system of Southern Ethiopia," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 199-218.
- Christian Jette, 1996. "Diversification as a Risk Management Strategy in an Andean Agropastoral Community," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(5), pages 1329-1334.
- Upton, Martin, 1989. "Livestock productivity assessment and herd growth models," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 149-164.
- Behnke, Roy H., 1985. "Measuring the benefits of subsistence versus commercial livestock production in Africa," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 109-135.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zander, Kerstin K. & Drucker, Adam G., 2008. "Conserving what's important: Using choice model scenarios to value local cattle breeds in East Africa," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1-2), pages 34-45, December.
- Simianer, H., 2005. "Decision making in livestock conservation," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(4), pages 559-572, June.
- Roessler, Regina & Drucker, Adam G. & Scarpa, Riccardo & Markemann, André & Lemke, Ute & Thuy, Le T. & Valle Zárate, Anne, 2008. "Using choice experiments to assess smallholder farmers' preferences for pig breeding traits in different production systems in North-West Vietnam," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 184-192, May.
- Eric Ruto & Guy Garrod & Riccardo Scarpa, 2008.
"Valuing animal genetic resources: a choice modeling application to indigenous cattle in Kenya,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 38(1), pages 89-98, January.
- Eric Ruto & Guy Garrod & Riccardo Scarpa, 2007. "Valuing Animal Genetic Resources: A Choice Modeling Application to Indigenous Cattle in Kenya," Working Papers in Economics 07/05, University of Waikato.
- Mbanasor, Jude Anayochukwu & Nwachukwu, Ifeanyi Ndubuto & Agwu, Nnanna Mba & Njoku, Maria-Stella Etomchi & Onwumere, Joe, 2. "Analysis Of Income Inequality And Poverty Dynamics Among Rural Farm Households In Abia State, Nigeria," International Journal of Food and Agricultural Economics (IJFAEC), Alanya Alaaddin Keykubat University, Department of Economics and Finance, vol. 1.
- Siegmund-Schultze, M. & Rischkowsky, B. & da Veiga, J.B. & King, J.M., 2010. "Valuing cattle on mixed smallholdings in the Eastern Amazon," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(4), pages 857-867, February.
- Eric Ruto & Riccardo Scarpa, 2010. "Using Choice Experiments to Investigate Preferences for Cattle Traits in Kenya," Chapters,in: Choice Experiments in Developing Countries, chapter 14 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- repec:pal:eurjdr:v:29:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1057_ejdr.2016.9 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:45:y:2003:i:3:p:473-485. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .