The Borana pastoral system of Southern Ethiopia
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ayalew, W. & King, J. M. & Bruns, E. & Rischkowsky, B., 2003. "Economic evaluation of smallholder subsistence livestock production: lessons from an Ethiopian goat development program," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 473-485, July.
- Travis J. Lybbert & Christopher B. Barrett & Solomon Desta & D. Layne Coppock, 2004.
"Stochastic wealth dynamics and risk management among a poor population,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 114(498), pages 750-777, October.
- Lybbert, Travis J. & Barrett, Christopher B. & Desta, Solomon & Coppock, D. Layne, 2002. "Stochastic Wealth Dynamics And Risk Management Among A Poor Population," Working Papers 14736, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Megersa, Bekele & Markemann, André & Angassa, Ayana & Ogutu, Joseph O. & Piepho, Hans-Peter & Valle Zaráte, Anne, 2014. "Impacts of climate change and variability on cattle production in southern Ethiopia: Perceptions and empirical evidence," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 130(C), pages 23-34.
- Wassie Berhanu & Bichaka Fayissa, 2010. "Analysis of the Household Economy and Expenditure Patterns of a Traditional Pastoralist Society in Southern Ethiopia," Working Papers 201005, Middle Tennessee State University, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Berhanu, Wassie & Beyene, Fekadu, 2014. "The impact of climate change on pastoral production systems: A study of climate variability and household adaptation strategies in southern Ethiopian rangelands," WIDER Working Paper Series 028, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- M. Meltzer, 1995. "Livestock in africa: The economics of ownership and production, and the potential for improvement," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 12(2), pages 4-18, March.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:103:y:2018:i:c:p:119-132 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tuffa, Samuel & Treydte, Anna C., 2017. "Modeling Boran cattle populations under climate change and varying carrying capacity," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 352(C), pages 113-127.
- Sieff, Daniela F., 1999. "The effects of wealth on livestock dynamics among the Datoga pastoralists of Tanzania," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 1-25, January.
- Wassie Berhanu & Fekadu Beyene, 2015. "Climate Variability and Household Adaptation Strategies in Southern Ethiopia," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(6), pages 1-23, May.
- Berhanu, Wassie, 2011. "Recurrent shocks, poverty traps and the degradation of pastoralistsâ€™ social capital in southern Ethiopia," African Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, African Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 6(1), March.
- Hirfrfot, Kibrom & Barrett, Christopher B. & Lentz, Erin C. & Taddesse, Birhanu, 2014. "The Subjective Well-being Effects of Imperfect Insurance that Doesn’t Pay Out," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 173478, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agisys:v:25:y:1987:i:3:p:199-218. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agsy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.