A village-level economic model of land clearing, grazing, and wood harvesting for sub-Saharan Africa: with a case study in southern Senegal
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Field, Barry C, 1989. "The Evolution of Property Rights," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(3), pages 319-345.
- Barbier, Edward B. & Burgess, J.C., 1996. "Economic analysis of deforestation in Mexico," MPRA Paper 12089, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rock, Michael T., 1996. "The stork, the plow, rural social structure and tropical deforestation in poor countries?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 113-131, August.
- Angelsen, Arild & Shitindi, Eric F. Katemansimba & Aarrestad, Jostein, 1999.
"Why do farmers expand their land into forests? Theories and evidence from Tanzania,"
Environment and Development Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(03), pages 313-331, July.
- Angelsen, A. & Shitindi, E.F.K. & Aarrestad, J., 1999. "Why do Farmers Expand their Land into Forests? Theories and Evidence from Tanzania," Norway; Department of Economics, University of Bergen 197, Department of Economics, University of Bergen.
- Angelsen, Arild & Kaimowitz, David, 1999. "Rethinking the Causes of Deforestation: Lessons from Economic Models," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 14(1), pages 73-98, February.
- Barbier, Bruno, 1996. "Impact of market and population pressure on production, incomes and natural resources in the dryland savannas of West Africa: bioeconomic modeling at the village level," EPTD discussion papers 21, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Bluffstone Randall A., 1995. "The Effect of Labor Market Performance on Deforestation in Developing Countries under Open Access: An Example from Rural Nepal," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 42-63, July.
- Elnagheeb, Abdelmoneim H. & Bromley, Daniel W., 1994. "Extensification of agriculture and deforestation: Empirical evidence from Sudan," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 10(2), pages 193-200, April.
- Elnagheeb, Abdelmoneim H. & Bromley, Daniel W., 1994. "Extensification of agriculture and deforestation: empirical evidence from Sudan," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 10(2), pages -, April.
- Larson, Bruce A., 1994. "Changing the economics of environmental degradation in Madagascar: Lessons from the national environmental action plan process," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 671-689, May.
- Hofstad, Ole, 1997. "Woodland Deforestation by Charcoal Supply to Dar es Salaam," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 17-32, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:38:y:2001:i:3:p:423-440. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.