The stork, the plow, rural social structure and tropical deforestation in poor countries?
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Larson, Bruce A. & Bromely, Daniel W., 1991. "Natural resources prices, export policies, and deforestation: The case of sudan," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 19(10), pages 1289-1297, October.
- World Commission on Environment and Development,, 1987. "Our Common Future," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780192820808.
- Gill, Gerard J., 1995. "Major natural resource management concerns in South Asia:," 2020 vision discussion papers 8, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Stonich, Susan C., 1992. "Struggling with Honduran poverty: The environmental consequences of natural resource-based development and rural transformations," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 385-399, March.
- Redclift, Michael, 1989. "The environmental consequences of Latin America's agricultural development: Some thoughts on the Brundtland Commission report," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 365-377, March.
- Forster, Nancy R., 1992. "Protecting fragile lands: New reasons to tackle old problems," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 571-585, April.
- Larson, Bruce A., 1994. "Changing the economics of environmental degradation in Madagascar: Lessons from the national environmental action plan process," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 671-689, May.
- Cropper, Maureen & Griffiths, Charles, 1994. "The Interaction of Population Growth and Environmental Quality," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(2), pages 250-254, May.
- Binswanger, Hans P., 1991. "Brazilian policies that encourage deforestation in the Amazon," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 19(7), pages 821-829, July.
- Broad, Robin, 1994. "The poor and the environment: Friends or foes?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 811-822, June.
- Southgate, Douglas & Sierra, Rodrigo & Brown, Lawrence, 1991. "The causes of tropical deforestation in Ecuador: A statistical analysis," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 19(9), pages 1145-1151, September.