EVT and tail-risk modelling: Evidence from market indices and volatility series
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Engle, Robert F. & Manganelli, Simone, 2001. "Value at risk models in finance," Working Paper Series 0075, European Central Bank.
- Sheedy, Elizabeth, 2009. "Can risk modeling work?," Journal of Financial Transformation, Capco Institute, vol. 27, pages 82-87.
- Koenker, Roger W & Bassett, Gilbert, Jr, 1978. "Regression Quantiles," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 33-50, January.
- Loretan, Mico & Phillips, Peter C. B., 1994.
"Testing the covariance stationarity of heavy-tailed time series: An overview of the theory with applications to several financial datasets,"
Journal of Empirical Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 211-248, January.
- Loretan, M. & Phillips, P.C.B., 1992. "Testing the Covariance Stationarity of Heavy-Tailed Time Series: An Overview of the Theory with Applications to Several Financial Datasets," Working papers 9208, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Longin, Francois M, 1996. "The Asymptotic Distribution of Extreme Stock Market Returns," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 69(3), pages 383-408, July.
- ROCKINGER, Michael & JONDEAU, Eric, 1999.
"The Tail Behavior of Stock Returns: Emerging versus Mature Markets,"
Les Cahiers de Recherche
668, HEC Paris.
- Jondeau, E. & Rockinger, M., 1999. "The Tail Behavior of Sotck Returns: Emerging Versus Mature Markets," Working papers 66, Banque de France.
- Manfred Gilli & Evis këllezi, 2006. "An Application of Extreme Value Theory for Measuring Financial Risk," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 27(2), pages 207-228, May.
- Ibrahim Onour, "undated".
"Extreme Risk and Fat-tails Distribution Model:Empirical Analysis,"
API-Working Paper Series
0911, Arab Planning Institute - Kuwait, Information Center.
- Onour, Ibrahim, 2009. "Extreme Risk and Fat-tails Distribution Model:Empirical Analysis," MPRA Paper 17736, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 20 Sep 2009.
- Robert F. Engle & Simone Manganelli, 2004.
"CAViaR: Conditional Autoregressive Value at Risk by Regression Quantiles,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 22, pages 367-381, October.
- Engle, Robert F & Manganelli, Simone, 1999. "CAViaR: Conditional Autoregressive Value at Risk by Regression Quantiles," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt06m3d6nv, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Robert Engle & Simone Manganelli, 2000. "CAViaR: Conditional Autoregressive Value at Risk by Regression Quantiles," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0841, Econometric Society.
- repec:adr:anecst:y:2000:i:60:p:10 is not listed on IDEAS
- Elias G. Carayannis & Aris Kaloudis & åge Mariussen, 2008. "Introduction," Chapters,in: Diversity in the Knowledge Economy and Society, chapter 1 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Frederick C. Mills, 1927. "The Behavior of Prices," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number mill27-1.
- de Jesús, Raúl & Ortiz, Edgar & Cabello, Alejandra, 2013. "Long run peso/dollar exchange rates and extreme value behavior: Value at Risk modeling," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 139-152.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hussain, Saiful Izzuan & Li, Steven, 2015. "Modeling the distribution of extreme returns in the Chinese stock market," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 263-276.
- Sharif Mozumder & Arafatur Rahman, 2016. "Market Risk Of Investment In Us Subprime Crisis: Comparison Of A Pure Diffusion And A Pure Jump Model," Annals of Financial Economics (AFE), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 11(03), pages 1-17, September.
- Chia-Lin Chang & Allen, David & McAleer, Michael, 2013.
"Recent developments in financial economics and econometrics: An overview,"
The North American Journal of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 217-226.
- Chia-Lin Chang & David Allen & Michael McAleer, 2013. "Recent Developments in Financial Economics and Econometrics: An Overview," Documentos de Trabajo del ICAE 2013-03, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Instituto Complutense de Análisis Económico.
- Chang, C-L. & Allen, D.E. & McAleer, M.J., 2013. "Recent Developments in Financial Economics and Econometrics: An Overview," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 2013-03, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Chia-Lin Chang & David Allen & Michael McAleer, 2013. "Recent Developments in Financial Economics and Econometrics: An Overview," Working Papers in Economics 13/06, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Chia-Lin Chang & David E Allen & Michael McAleer, 2013. "Recent Developments in Financial Economics and Econometrics:An Overview," KIER Working Papers 842, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Chia-Lin Chang & David Allen & Michael McAleer, 2013. "Recent Developments in Financial Economics and Econometrics: An Overview," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 13-021/III, Tinbergen Institute.
- Su, Jung-Bin, 2014. "Empirical analysis of long memory, leverage, and distribution effects for stock market risk estimates," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 1-39.
- Liu, Yanxin & Li, Johnny Siu-Hang & Ng, Andrew Cheuk-Yin, 2015. "Option pricing under GARCH models with Hansen's skewed-t distributed innovations," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 108-125.
- Aloui, Chaker & Hamida, Hela ben, 2014. "Modelling and forecasting value at risk and expected shortfall for GCC stock markets: Do long memory, structural breaks, asymmetry, and fat-tails matter?," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 349-380.
- Herrera, Rodrigo & Schipp, Bernhard, 2014. "Statistics of extreme events in risk management: The impact of the subprime and global financial crisis on the German stock market," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 218-238.
- Feria-Domínguez, José Manuel & Jiménez-Rodríguez, Enrique & Sholarin, Ola, 2015. "Tackling the over-dispersion of operational risk: Implications on capital adequacy requirements," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 206-221.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecofin:v:26:y:2013:i:c:p:355-369. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620163 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.