Emigration, unemployment and welfare – The role of non-traded sector
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Torvik, Ragnar, 2002. "Natural resources, rent seeking and welfare," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 455-470, April.
- Djajic, Slobodan & Milbourne, Ross, 1988. "A general equilibrium model of guest-worker migration : The source-country perspective," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(3-4), pages 335-351, November.
- Francisco L. Rivera-Batiz, 2018.
"International Migration, Non-Traded Goods and Economic Welfare in the Source Country,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: International and Interregional Migration Theory and Evidence, chapter 5, pages 77-88
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Rivera-Batiz, Francisco L., 1982. "International migration, non-traded goods and economic welfare in the source country," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 81-90, August.
- repec:wsi:wschap:9789813209398_0012 is not listed on IDEAS
- Stark, Oded & Taylor, J Edward & Yitzhaki, Shlomo, 1986. "Remittances and Inequality," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 96(383), pages 722-740, September.
- Yabuuchi, Shigemi & Chaudhuri, Sarbajit, 2007. "International migration of labour and skilled-unskilled wage inequality in a developing economy," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 128-137, January.
- Reza Oladi & Hamid Beladi, 2007. "International Migration and Real Wages," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 6(30), pages 1-8.
- Reza Oladi, 2004. "Strategic quotas on foreign investment and migration," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 24(2), pages 289-306, August.
- Jones, Ronald W, 1974. "Trade with Non-traded Goods: The Anatomy of Inter-connected Markets," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 41(162), pages 121-138, May.
- Vargas-Silva, Carlos, 2008.
"Are remittances manna from heaven? A look at the business cycle properties of remittances,"
The North American Journal of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 290-303, December.
- Carlos Vargas-Silva, 2009. "Are Remittances Manna From Heaven? A Look at the Business Cycle Properties of Remittances," Working Papers 0905, Sam Houston State University, Department of Economics and International Business.
- McCormick, Barry & Wahba, Jackline, 2000. "Overseas Employment and Remittances to a Dual Economy," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(463), pages 509-534, April.
- Lundahl, Mats, 1985. " International Migration, Remittances and Real Incomes: Effects on the Journal: Scandinavian Journal of Economics," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 87(4), pages 647-657.
- Marjit, Sugata & Kar, Saibal, 2005. "Emigration and wage inequality," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 88(1), pages 141-145, July.
- Djajic, Slobodan, 1998. "Emigration and welfare in an economy with foreign capital," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 433-445, August.
- Edgar R. Rodriguez, 1996. "International Migrants' Remittances in the Philippines," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 29(s1), pages 427-432, April.
- Francisco L. Rivera-Batiz & Luis A. Rivera-Batiz, 2018.
"Foreign Ownership, Non-Traded Goods and the Effects of Terms of Trade Changes on National Welfare,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: International Trade, Capital Flows and Economic Development, chapter 12, pages 345-352
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Rivera-Batiz, Francisco L., 1986. "Foreign ownership, non-traded goods and the effects of terms of trade changes on national welfare," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 367-371.
- Djajic, Slobodan, 1986. "International migration, remittances and welfare in a dependent economy," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 229-234, May.
- Jones, Ronald W. & Easton, Stephen T., 1989. "Perspectives on buy-outs and the Ramaswami effect," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(3-4), pages 363-371, November.
- Saibal Kar & Basudeb Guha-Khasnobis, 2006. "Foreign Capital, Skill Formation, and Migration of Skilled Workers," Journal of Economic Policy Reform, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(2), pages 107-123.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pi Jiancai & Ge Yang & Yin Jun, 2017. "The Impacts of Rural Property Rights on Urban Unemployment, Wage Inequality, and Welfare in Developing Countries," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 17(1), pages 1-15, February.
- Beladi, Hamid & Liu, Lu & Oladi, Reza, 2013. "On pollution permits and abatement," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 119(3), pages 302-305.
- John Gilbert & Hamid Beladi & Reza Oladi, 2015. "North–South Trade Liberalization and Economic Welfare," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(4), pages 1006-1017, November.
- Ravi Batra & Hamid Beladi & Reza Oladi, 2013. "Technical Progress and Real Wages Once again," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(3), pages 506-518, August.
- repec:bla:ecopol:v:30:y:2018:i:3:p:444-450 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dutta, Meghna & Kar, Saibal & Marjit, Sugata, 2013. "Product variety, finite changes and wage inequality," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 610-613.
- Hamid Beladi & Avik Chakrabarti & Sugata Marjit, 2016.
"Competitive General Equilibrium with Finite Change and Theory of Policy Making,"
Economics and Politics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(1), pages 1-7, March.
- Hamid Beladi & Avik Chakrabarti & Sugata Marjit, 2014. "Competitive General Equilibrium with Finite Change and Theory of Policy Making," Discussion Papers 2014-11, University of Nottingham, GEP.
- Pi Jiancai & Yin Jun, 2016. "Privatization, Unemployment, and Welfare in the Harris-Todaro Model with a Mixed Duopoly," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 16(4), pages 1-12, October.
More about this item
KeywordsEmigration; Skill; Non-traded goods; Remittances; Remaining residents;
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- F3 - International Economics - - International Finance
- J64 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment: Models, Duration, Incidence, and Job Search
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecofin:v:24:y:2013:i:c:p:298-305. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620163 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.