Is there a difference between private and public education on college performance?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cecilia Elena Rouse, 1998. "Private School Vouchers and Student Achievement: An Evaluation of the Milwaukee Parental Choice Program," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 113(2), pages 553-602.
- Eysenbach, M L, 1974. "Voucher Plans, Voting Models, and the Efficiency of Local School Finance," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(4), pages 863-871, July/Aug..
- Frey, Donald E., 1992. "Can privatizing education really improve achievement? An essay review," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 427-438, December.
- William N. Evans & Robert M. Schwab, 1995. "Finishing High School and Starting College: Do Catholic Schools Make a Difference?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 110(4), pages 941-974.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lefebvre, Pierre & Merrigan, Philip & Verstraete, Matthieu, 2011.
"Public subsidies to private schools do make a difference for achievement in mathematics: Longitudinal evidence from Canada,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 79-98, February.
- Pierre Lefebvre & Philip Merrigan, 2009. "Public Subsidies to Private Schools Do Make a Difference for Achievement in Mathematics: Longitudinal Evidence from Canada," Cahiers de recherche 0935, CIRPEE.
- Horowitz, John & Keil, Stanley & Spector, Lee, 2009. "Do Charter Schools Affect Property Values?," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 39(3), pages 297-316.
- Bucciarelli Edgardo & Odoardi Iacopo & Pagliari Carmen & Tateo Armando, 2011. "American And Italian Perspectives On Public And Private Education Choices," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1(1), pages 167-172, July.
- Dino Alves & Ana Balcao Reis & Carmo Seabra & Luis Catela-Nunes, 2015. "Determinants of Academic Success in Economics and Management," Investigaciones de Economía de la Educación volume 10,in: Marta Rahona López & Jennifer Graves (ed.), Investigaciones de Economía de la Educación 10, edition 1, volume 10, chapter 17, pages 335-356 Asociación de Economía de la Educación.
- Wendelspiess Chávez Juárez, Florian, 2010. "Do children in private Schools learn more than in public Schools? Evidence from Mexico," MPRA Paper 30506, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cyrenne, Philippe & Chan, Alan, 2012.
"High school grades and university performance: A case study,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 524-542.
- Philippe Cyrenne & Alan Chan, 2010. "High School Grades and University Performance: A Case Study," Departmental Working Papers 2010-02, The University of Winnipeg, Department of Economics.
- Holmgren, Mark & McCracken, Vicki A., 2010. "Identifying Student Success at a Land Grant Institution," 2010 Annual Meeting, July 25-27, 2010, Denver, Colorado 61701, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecoedu:v:24:y:2005:i:2:p:189-195. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/econedurev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.