The growth and impact of teachers' unions in states without collective bargaining legislation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Don Hellriegel & Wendell French & Richard B. Peterson, 1970. "Collective Negotiations and Teachers: A Behavioral Analysis," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 23(3), pages 380-396, April.
- Richard B. Freeman, 1980. "The Exit-Voice Tradeoff in the Labor Market: Unionism, Job Tenure, Quits, and Separations," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 94(4), pages 643-673.
- Chambers, Jay G., 1977. "The impact of collective bargaining for teachers on resource allocation in public school districts," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 324-339, July.
- Freeman, Richard B, 1988. "Contraction and Expansion: The Divergence of Private Sector and Public Sector Unionism in the United States," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 2(2), pages 63-88, Spring.
- Paula B. Voos, 1983. "Union Organizing: Costs and Benefits," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 36(4), pages 576-591, July.
- William H. Baugh & Joe A. Stone, 1982. "Teachers, Unions, and Wages in the 1970s: Unionism Now Pays," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 35(3), pages 368-376, April.
- Michael A. Curme & Barry T. Hirsch & David A. MacPherson, 1990. "Union Membership and Contract Coverage in the United States, 1983â€“1988," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 44(1), pages 5-33, October.
- Richard B. Freeman, 1980. "The Exit-Voice Tradeoff in the Labor Market: Unionism, Job Tenure, Quits," NBER Working Papers 0242, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Daniel I. Rees, 1991. "Grievance Procedure Strength and Teacher Quits," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 45(1), pages 31-43, October.
- Jeffrey S. Zax & Casey Ichniowski, 1990. "Bargaining Laws and Unionization in the Local Public Sector," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 43(4), pages 447-462, July.
- Charles R. Perry, 1979. "Teacher Bargaining: The Experience in Nine Systems," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 33(1), pages 3-17, October.
- Randall W. Eberts, 1984. "Union Effects on Teacher Productivity," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 37(3), pages 346-358, April.
- Freeman, Richard B, 1986. "Unionism Comes to the Public Sector," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 24(1), pages 41-86, March.
- Robert Valletta & Richard B. Freeman, 1988. "Appendix B: The NBER Public Sector Collective Bargaining Law Data Set," NBER Chapters,in: When Public Sector Workers Unionize, pages 399-420 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stephen M. Hills, 1985. "The Attitudes of Union and Nonunion Male Workers toward Union Representation," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 38(2), pages 179-194, January.
- Gregory M. Saltzman, 1985. "Bargaining Laws as a Cause and Consequence of the Growth of Teacher Unionism," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 38(3), pages 335-351, April.
- Donald N. Baum, 1986. "A Simultaneous Equations Model of the Demand for and Production of Local Public Services: the Case of Education," Public Finance Review, , vol. 14(2), pages 157-178, April.
- Farber, Henry S & Saks, Daniel H, 1980. "Why Workers Want Unions: The Role of Relative Wages and Job Characteristics," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(2), pages 349-369, April.
- Randall W. Eberts & Joe A. Stone, 1987. "Teacher Unions and the Productivity of Public Schools," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 40(3), pages 354-363, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:bla:coecpo:v:36:y:2018:i:1:p:93-115 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hall, Joshua C., 2015.
"Local Government Border Congruence and the Fiscal Commons: Evidence from Ohio School Districts,"
Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy,
Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 45(2).
- Joshua C. Hall, 2014. "Local Government Border Congruence and the Fiscal Commons : Evidence from Ohio School Districts," Working Papers 14-13, Department of Economics, West Virginia University.
- Marlow, Michael L., 1999. "Spending, school structure, and public education quality. Evidence from California," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 89-106, February.
- Clive Belfield & Celia Brown & Hywel Thomas, 2002. "Workplaces in the Education Sector in the United Kingdom: How do they Differ from those in Other Industries?," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(1), pages 49-69.
- Cowen, Joshua M. & Strunk, Katharine O., 2015. "The impact of teachers’ unions on educational outcomes: What we know and what we need to learn," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 208-223.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecoedu:v:14:y:1995:i:2:p:167-178. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/econedurev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.