The growth and impact of teachers' unions in states without collective bargaining legislation
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jeffrey S. Zax & Casey Ichniowski, 1990. "Bargaining Laws and Unionization in the Local Public Sector," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 43(4), pages 447-462, July.
- Gregory M. Saltzman, 1985. "Bargaining Laws as a Cause and Consequence of the Growth of Teacher Unionism," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 38(3), pages 335-351, April.
- Richard B. Freeman, 1984.
"Unionism Comes to the Public Sector,"
NBER Working Papers
1452, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- William H. Baugh & Joe A. Stone, 1982. "Teachers, Unions, and Wages in the 1970s: Unionism Now Pays," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 35(3), pages 368-376, April.
- Robert Valletta & Richard B. Freeman, 1988. "Appendix B: The NBER Public Sector Collective Bargaining Law Data Set," NBER Chapters, in: When Public Sector Workers Unionize, pages 399-420 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Don Hellriegel & Wendell French & Richard B. Peterson, 1970. "Collective Negotiations and Teachers: A Behavioral Analysis," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 23(3), pages 380-396, April.
- Randall W. Eberts, 1984. "Union Effects on Teacher Productivity," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 37(3), pages 346-358, April.
- Michael A. Curme & Barry T. Hirsch & David A. MacPherson, 1990. "Union Membership and Contract Coverage in the United States, 1983â€“1988," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 44(1), pages 5-33, October.
- Freeman, Richard B, 1988. "Contraction and Expansion: The Divergence of Private Sector and Public Sector Unionism in the United States," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 2(2), pages 63-88, Spring.
- Richard B. Freeman, 1980. "The Exit-Voice Tradeoff in the Labor Market: Unionism, Job Tenure, Quits," NBER Working Papers 0242, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chambers, Jay G., 1977. "The impact of collective bargaining for teachers on resource allocation in public school districts," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 324-339, July.
- Stephen M. Hills, 1985. "The Attitudes of Union and Nonunion Male Workers toward Union Representation," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 38(2), pages 179-194, January.
- Richard B. Freeman, 1980. "The Exit-Voice Tradeoff in the Labor Market: Unionism, Job Tenure, Quits, and Separations," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 94(4), pages 643-673.
- Daniel I. Rees, 1991. "Grievance Procedure Strength and Teacher Quits," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 45(1), pages 31-43, October.
- Paula B. Voos, 1983. "Union Organizing: Costs and Benefits," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 36(4), pages 576-591, July.
- Charles R. Perry, 1979. "Teacher Bargaining: The Experience in Nine Systems," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 33(1), pages 3-17, October.
- Farber, Henry S & Saks, Daniel H, 1980. "Why Workers Want Unions: The Role of Relative Wages and Job Characteristics," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(2), pages 349-369, April.
- Randall W. Eberts & Joe A. Stone, 1987. "Teacher Unions and the Productivity of Public Schools," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 40(3), pages 354-363, April.
- Donald N. Baum, 1986. "A Simultaneous Equations Model of the Demand for and Production of Local Public Services: the Case of Education," Public Finance Review, SAGE Publishing, vol. 14(2), pages 157-178, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecoedu:v:14:y:1995:i:2:p:167-178. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.