Ex-ante evaluation of a targeted job program: Hypothetical integration in a social accounting matrix of South Africa
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cella, Guido, 1984. "The Input-Output Measurement of Interindustry Linkages," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 46(1), pages 73-84, February.
- Pyatt, F Graham & Round, Jeffery I, 1979. "Accounting and Fixed Price Multipliers in a Social Accounting Matrix Framework," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 89(356), pages 850-873, December.
- Clements, Benedict J., 1990. "On the decomposition and normalization of interindustry linkages," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 337-340, August.
- Khan, Haider A. & Thorbecke, Erik, 1989. "Macroeconomic effects of technology choice: Multiplier and structural path analysis within a SAM framework," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 131-156.
- Kakwani, Nanak, 1993. "Poverty and Economic Growth with Application to Cote d'Ivoire," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 39(2), pages 121-139, June.
- Thorbecke, Erik & Jung, Hong-Sang, 1996. "A multiplier decomposition method to analyze poverty alleviation," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 279-300, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kim, Kijong & İlkkaracan, İpek & Kaya, Tolga, 2019. "Public investment in care services in Turkey: Promoting employment & gender inclusive growth," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 41(6), pages 1210-1229.
- Mbanda, Vandudzai & Bonga-Bonga, Lumengo, 2018. "Impacts of Public Infrastructure Investment in South Africa: A SAM and CGE-Based Analysis of the Public Economic Sector," MPRA Paper 90613, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Melissa De La Ossa & Raúl Castro & Javier Pérez, 2015. "Impactos EconÃ³micos de Proyectos de RenovaciÃ³n Urbana en BogotÃ¡: Un AnÃ¡lisis a partir de los Multiplicadores de la SAM 2010," Documentos CEDE 013877, Universidad de los Andes - CEDE.
- Kijong Kim & Ipek Ilkkaracan & Tolga Kaya, 2017. "Investing in Social Care Infrastructure and Employment Generation: A Distributional Analysis of the Care Economy in Turkey," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_882, Levy Economics Institute.
- Melisa de la Ossa & Javier Pérez Burgos & Raúl Castro R, 2015. "Impactos econÃ³micos de proyectos de renovaciÃ³n urbana en BogotÃ¡: un anÃ¡lisis a partir de los multiplicadores de la SAM 2010," Documentos de trabajo 017673, Escuela de Gobierno - Universidad de los Andes.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Manfred Lenzen & Roberto Schaeffer, 2004. "Environmental and Social Accounting for Brazil," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 27(2), pages 201-226, February.
- Njoya, Eric Tchouamou & Nikitas, Alexandros, 2020. "The role of air transport in employment creation and inclusive growth in the Global South: The case of South Africa," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 85(C).
- Anushree Sinha & Haider A. Khan, 2008. "Gender and Informal Sector Analysis in India: Economy Wide Approaches," WIDER Working Paper Series RP2008-65, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Khan, Haider A., 1999. "Sectoral Growth and Poverty Alleviation: A Multiplier Decomposition Technique Applied to South Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 521-530, March.
- Alvaro Gallardo & Cristian Mardones, 2013. "Environmentally extended social accounting matrix for Chile," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 15(4), pages 1099-1127, August.
- Moretto, Antonio Carlos & Rodrigues, Rossana Lott & Sesso Filho, Umberto Antonio & Guilhoto, Joaquim José Martins & Maia, Katy, 2012. "Regiões polarizadas no Paraná: relações inter setoriais e inter regionais em 2006," MPRA Paper 46996, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fernando Perobelli & Eduardo Haddad & Edson Domingues, 2006.
"Interdependence Among the Brazilian States: An Input-Output Approach,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa06p414, European Regional Science Association.
- Fernando Salgueiro Perobelli & Eduardo Amaral Haddad & Edson Paulo Domingues, 2006. "Interdependence Among The Brazilian States: An Input-Output Approach," Anais do XXXIV Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 34th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 51, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Chokri Dridi & Geoffrey Hewings, 2002.
"An Investigation of Industry Associations, Association Loops and Economic Complexity: Application to Canada and the United States,"
Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(3), pages 275-296.
- Chokri Dridi & Geoffrey J.D. Hewings, 2002. "An Investigation of Industry Associations, Association Loops, and Economic Complexity: Application to Canada and the United States," Urban/Regional 0210001, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 23 Feb 2005.
- Saari, M. Yusof & Dietzenbacher, Erik & Los, Bart, 2015. "Sources of Income Growth and Inequality Across Ethnic Groups in Malaysia, 1970–2000," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 311-328.
- Parra, Juan Carlos & Wodon, Quentin, 2008. "Comparing the impact of food and energy price shocks on consumers : a social accounting matrix analysis for Ghana," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4741, The World Bank.
- Cardenete, Manuel Alejandro, 2011. "Análisis comparativo de sectores clave desde una perspectiva regional a través de matrices de contabilidad social: enfoques alternativos || Comparative Keysector Analysis from Regional Perspective Usi," Revista de Métodos Cuantitativos para la Economía y la Empresa = Journal of Quantitative Methods for Economics and Business Administration, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Department of Quantitative Methods for Economics and Business Administration, vol. 12(1), pages 39-64, December.
- Alp, Esra & Kök, Recep & Başkol, Murat Ozan, 2017. "Türkiye Ekonomisinde Sürükleyici Endüstri Analizi:2002-2012 Karşılaştırması [Key Sector Analysis in Turkish Economy: A Compare Between 2002-2012]," MPRA Paper 89952, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Joaquim J. M. Guilhoto & Silvio Massaru Ichihara & Márcio Guerra Amorim, 2010.
"Structural Analysis of Employment in the Brazilian Economy: 1996 and 2002 Compared,"
Palgrave Macmillan Books, in: Hadi Salehi Esfahani & Giovanni Facchini & Geoffrey J. D. Hewings (ed.), Economic Development in Latin America, chapter 12, pages 179-200,
- Guilhoto, Joaquim José Martins & Ichihara, Silvio Massaru & Amorim, Márcio Guerra, 2010. "Structural analysis of employment in the Brazilian economy: 1996 and 2002 compared," MPRA Paper 54003, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nganou, Jean-Pascal & Parra, Juan Carlos & Wodon, Quentin, 2009. "Oil price shocks, poverty, and gender: a social accouting matrix analysis for Kenya," MPRA Paper 28471, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wang, Yuan & Wang, Wenqin & Mao, Guozhu & Cai, Hua & Zuo, Jian & Wang, Lili & Zhao, Peng, 2013. "Industrial CO2 emissions in China based on the hypothetical extraction method: Linkage analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 1238-1244.
- Edirisa Nseera, 2016. "Working Paper 242 - Understanding the prospective local content in the petroleum sector; and the potential impact of high energy prices on production sectors and household welfare in Uganda," Working Paper Series 2350, African Development Bank.
- Guilhoto, Joaquim J.M., 1995. "Um modelo computável de equilíbrio geral para planejamento e análise de políticas agrícolas (PAPA) na economia brasileira [A computable general equilibrium model for planning and analysis of agricu," MPRA Paper 42349, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Alexander Trynov, 2016. "Public-Private Investment Partnerships: Efficiency Estimation Methods," Economy of region, Centre for Economic Security, Institute of Economics of Ural Branch of Russian Academy of Sciences, vol. 1(2), pages 602-612.
- Schettino, Francesco & Khan, Haider A., 2020. "Income polarization in the USA: What happened to the middle class in the last few decades?," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 149-161.
- Cuong V. Nguyen & Nguyet M. Pham, 2018. "Economic growth, inequality, and poverty in Vietnam," Asian-Pacific Economic Literature, Asia Pacific School of Economics and Government, The Australian National University, vol. 32(1), pages 45-58, May.
More about this item
KeywordsHypothetical integration; Social accounting matrix; Expanded public works program; South Africa;
All these keywords.
- C67 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Input-Output Models
- D57 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Input-Output Tables and Analysis
- E24 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Employment; Unemployment; Wages; Intergenerational Income Distribution; Aggregate Human Capital; Aggregate Labor Productivity
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
- H51 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Government Expenditures and Health
- H52 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Government Expenditures and Education
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecmode:v:28:y:2011:i:6:p:2683-2690. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30411 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30411 .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.