Falsifying economic models
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cartwright, Nancy, 1995. "Probabilities and experiments," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 47-59, May.
- Collins, Norman R & Preston, Lee E, 1969. "Price-Cost Margins and Industry Structure," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 51(3), pages 271-86, August.
- Leamer, Edward E, 1981.
"Is It a Demand Curve, or Is It a Supply Curve? Partial Identification through Inequality Constraints,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 63(3), pages 319-27, August.
- Edward E. Leamer, 1979. "Is it a Demand Curve, or is it a Supply Curve?: Partial Identification Through Inequality Constraints," UCLA Economics Working Papers 153, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Peter Kennedy, 2003. "A Guide to Econometrics, 5th Edition," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 5, volume 1, number 026261183x, June.
- Hendry, David F, 1980. "Econometrics-Alchemy or Science?," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 47(188), pages 387-406, November.
- Spanos, Aris, 1995. "On theory testing in econometrics : Modeling with nonexperimental data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 189-226, May.
- Kim, Jinbang & De Marchi, Neil & Morgan, Mary S., 1995. "Empirical model particularities and belief in the natural rate hypothesis," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 81-102, May.
- George Lady, 2000. "Topics in nonparametric comparative statics and stability," International Advances in Economic Research, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 6(1), pages 67-83, February.
- Lady, George M, 1983. "The Structure of Qualitatively Determinate Relationships," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(1), pages 197-218, January.
- Strickland, Allyn D & Weiss, Leonard W, 1976. "Advertising, Concentration, and Price-Cost Margins," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(5), pages 1109-21, October.
- Kelvin Lancaster, 1966. "The Solution of Qualitative Comparative Static Problems," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 80(2), pages 278-295.
- Granger, Clive W. J. & King, Maxwell L. & White, Halbert, 1995. "Comments on testing economic theories and the use of model selection criteria," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 173-187, May.
- Kelvin Lancaster, 1962. "The Scope of Qualitative Economics," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 29(2), pages 99-123.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecmode:v:22:y:2005:i:5:p:777-810. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.