A model of fashions and status
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Becker, Gary S, 1974. "A Theory of Social Interactions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(6), pages 1063-1093, Nov.-Dec..
- Pesendorfer, Wolfgang, 1995. "Design Innovation and Fashion Cycles," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(4), pages 771-792, September.
- Allenby, Greg M & Jen, Lichung & Leone, Robert P, 1996. "Economic Trends and Being Trendy: The Influence of Consumer Confidence on Retail Fashion Sales," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 14(1), pages 103-111, January.
- Frank, Robert H, 1985. "The Demand for Unobservable and Other Nonpositional Goods," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(1), pages 101-116, March.
- Bikhchandani, Sushil & Hirshleifer, David & Welch, Ivo, 1992.
"A Theory of Fads, Fashion, Custom, and Cultural Change in Informational Cascades,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(5), pages 992-1026, October.
- Sushil Bikhchandani & David Hirshleifer & Ivo Welch, 2010. "A theory of Fads, Fashion, Custom and cultural change as informational Cascades," Levine's Working Paper Archive 1193, David K. Levine.
- Coelho, Philip R P & McClure, James E, 1993. "Toward an Economic Theory of Fashion," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 31(4), pages 595-608, October.
- Bagwell, Laurie Simon & Bernheim, B Douglas, 1996. "Veblen Effects in a Theory of Conspicuous Consumption," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(3), pages 349-373, June.
- Stigler, George J & Becker, Gary S, 1977. "De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(2), pages 76-90, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nicholas Janetos, 2017. "Fads and imperfect information," PIER Working Paper Archive 17-009, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania, revised 01 May 2017.
- Federica Alberti, 2013. "A note on fashion cycles, novelty and conformity," Jena Economic Research Papers 2013-019, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Kovács, Kármen, 2011.
"Az egyszerre érvényesülő társadalmi externáliák hatásai a státusjavak keresletére
[The effects on the demand for status goods exerted by single-occasion social externals]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(4), pages 314-332.
- Caulkins, Jonathan P. & Feichtinger, Gustav & Grass, Dieter & Hartl, Richard F. & Kort, Peter M. & Seidl, Andrea, 2015. "Capital stock management during a recession that freezes credit markets," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 116(C), pages 1-14.
- Erik T. Verhoef & Bert van Wee, 2000. "Car Ownership and Status," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 00-076/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Caulkins, Jonathan P. & Hartl, Richard F. & Kort, Peter M. & Feichtinger, Gustav, 2007.
"Explaining fashion cycles: Imitators chasing innovators in product space,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 1535-1556, May.
- Caulkins, J.P. & Hartl, R.F. & Kort, P.M. & Feichtinger, G., 2007. "Explaining fashion cycles : Imitators chasing innovators in product space," Other publications TiSEM dde09384-56b5-4b80-a718-5, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- McClure, James & Kumcu, Erdogan, 2008. "Promotions and product pricing: Parsimony versus Veblenesque demand," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 105-117, January.
- Caulkins, J.P. & Feichtinger, G. & Grass, D. & Hartl, R.F. & Kort, P.M. & Seidl, A., 2011.
"Optimal pricing of a conspicuous product during a recession that freezes capital markets,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 163-174, January.
- J.P. Caulkins & G. Feichtinger & D. Grass & R.F. Hartl & P.M. Kort, 2010. "Optimal pricing of a conspicuous product during a recession that freezes capital markets," Post-Print hal-00753047, HAL.
- Petal Jean Hackett, 2012. "Cutting too Close? Design Protection and Innovation in Fashion Goods," CESifo Working Paper Series 3716, CESifo Group Munich.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecmode:v:15:y:1998:i:4:p:501-517. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30411 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.