A note on fashion cycles, novelty and conformity
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Robinson, Dwight E., 1963. "The Importance of Fashions in Taste to Business History: An Introductory Essay," Business History Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 37(1-2), pages 5-36, January.
- Frijters, Paul, 1998. "A model of fashions and status," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 501-517, October.
- Coelho, Philip R P & McClure, James E, 1993. "Toward an Economic Theory of Fashion," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 31(4), pages 595-608, October.
- Samuelson, William & Zeckhauser, Richard, 1988. "Status Quo Bias in Decision Making," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 1(1), pages 7-59, March.
- Becker, Gary S & Murphy, Kevin M, 1988.
"A Theory of Rational Addiction,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(4), pages 675-700, August.
- Gary S. Becker & Kevin M. Murphy, 1986. "A Theory of Rational Addiction," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 41, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
More about this item
KeywordsNovelty; Conformity; Fashion;
- B5 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches
- L1 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance
- D1 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CWA-2013-05-11 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-HME-2013-05-11 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-MIC-2013-05-11 (Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jrp:jrpwrp:2013-019. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Markus Pasche). General contact details of provider: http://www.jenecon.de .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.