Monetary dynamics in Ghana: evidence from cointegration, error correction modelling, and exogeneity
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Wu, De-Min, 1973. "Alternative Tests of Independence Between Stochastic Regressors and Disturbances," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(4), pages 733-750, July.
- Hoffman, Dennis L & Tahiri, Chakib, 1994. "Money Demand in Morocco: Estimating Long-Run Elasticities for a Developing Country," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 56(3), pages 305-324, August.
- Domowitz, Ian & Elbadawi, Ibrahim, 1987. "An error-correction approach to money demand : The case of Sudan," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 257-275, August.
- Morris Goldstein & Mohsin S. Khan, 1976. "Large versus Small Price Changes and the Demand for Imports (Demande d'importation et modification forte ou faible des prix) (Grandes y pequeÃ±as variaciones de precios y la demanda de importaciÃ³n)," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 23(1), pages 200-225, March.
- Johansen, Soren & Juselius, Katarina, 1990. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation and Inference on Cointegration--With Applications to the Demand for Money," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 52(2), pages 169-210, May.
- Newey, Whitney & West, Kenneth, 2014.
"A simple, positive semi-definite, heteroscedasticity and autocorrelation consistent covariance matrix,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 33(1), pages 125-132.
- Newey, Whitney K & West, Kenneth D, 1987. "A Simple, Positive Semi-definite, Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(3), pages 703-708, May.
- Whitney K. Newey & Kenneth D. West, 1986. "A Simple, Positive Semi-Definite, Heteroskedasticity and AutocorrelationConsistent Covariance Matrix," NBER Technical Working Papers 0055, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hausman, Jerry, 2015.
"Specification tests in econometrics,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 38(2), pages 112-134.
- Osterwald-Lenum, Michael, 1992. "A Note with Quantiles of the Asymptotic Distribution of the Maximum Likelihood Cointegration Rank Test Statistics," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 54(3), pages 461-472, August.
- Johansen, Soren, 1991. "Estimation and Hypothesis Testing of Cointegration Vectors in Gaussian Vector Autoregressive Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(6), pages 1551-1580, November.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
- Ghartey, Edward E. & Rao, U. L. G., 1990. "A short-run forecasting model of Ghana," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 291-308, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nieh, Chien-Chung & Lee, Cheng-Few, 2001. "Dynamic relationship between stock prices and exchange rates for G-7 countries," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 41(4), pages 477-490.
- Kumar, Saten & Webber, Don J. & Fargher, Scott, 2013.
"Money demand stability: A case study of Nigeria,"
Journal of Policy Modeling,
Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 978-991.
- Kumar, Saten & Webber, Don J. & Fargher, Scott, 2010. "Money demand stability: A case study of Nigeria," MPRA Paper 26074, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Saten Kumar & Don J. Webber & Scott Fargher, 2011. "Money demand stability: A case study of Nigeria," Working Papers 2011-02, Auckland University of Technology, Department of Economics.
- Helmi Hamdi & Ali Said & Rashid Sbia, 2015.
"Empirical Evidence on the Long-Run Money Demand Function in the Gulf Cooperation Council Countries,"
International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues,
Econjournals, vol. 5(2), pages 603-612.
- Hamdi, Helmi & Sbia, Rashid & said, ali, 2014. "Empirical Evidence on the Long-Run Money Demand Function in the GCC Countries," MPRA Paper 63306, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2015.
- Ghartey, Edward E., 2001. "Macroeconomic instability and inflationary financing in Ghana," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 415-433, August.
- Arize, A. C. & Malindretos, John & Grivoyannis, Elias C., 2005. "Inflation-rate volatility and money demand: Evidence from less developed countries," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 57-80.
- Kumar, Saten & Rao, B. Bhaskara, 2012.
"Error-correction based panel estimates of the demand for money of selected Asian countries with the extreme bounds analysis,"
Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 1181-1188.
- Rao, B. Bhaskara & Kumar, Saten, 2010. "Error-Correction Based Panel Estimates of the Demand for Money of Selected Asian Countries with the Extreme Bounds Analysis," MPRA Paper 27263, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Levent, Korap, 2008. "Long-run relations between money, prices and output: the case of Turkey," MPRA Paper 20265, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Arto Kovanen, 2011. "Does Money Matter for Inflation in Ghana?," IMF Working Papers 11/274, International Monetary Fund.
- Tang, Tuck Cheong, 2004. "Demand for broad money and expenditure components in Japan: an empirical study," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 487-502, December.
- repec:hur:ijaraf:v:7:y:2017:i:3:p:70-86 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mansor Ibrhim, 2001. "Financial Factors and the Empirical Behavior of Money Demand: A Case Study of Malaysia," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(3), pages 55-72.
- Arto Kovanen & Jihad Dagher, 2011. "On the Stability of Money Demand in Ghana; A Bounds Testing Approach," IMF Working Papers 11/273, International Monetary Fund.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:deveco:v:57:y:1998:i:2:p:473-486. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/devec .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.