Soil conservation as an investment in land
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- LaFrance, Jeffrey T., 1992.
"Do Increased Commodity Prices Lead To More Or Less Soil Degradation?,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 36(01), April.
- Jeffrey T. LaFrance, 1992. "Do Increased Commodity Prices Lead To More Or Less Soil Degradation?," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 36(1), pages 57-82, April.
- Barrett, Scott, 1991. "Optimal soil conservation and the reform of agricultural pricing policies," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 167-187, October.
- Edward B. Barbier, 1990. "The Farm-Level Economics of Soil Conservation: The Uplands of Java," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 66(2), pages 199-211.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gilles Lafforgue & Walid Oueslati, 2007.
"Optimal soil management and environmental policy,"
AccessEcon, vol. 17(3), pages 1-10.
- Oueslati, Walid, 2005. "Optimal Soil Management and Environmental Policy," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24533, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- LAFFORGUE Gilles & OUESLATI Walid, 2006. "Optimal Soil Management and Environmental Policy," LERNA Working Papers 06.15.208, LERNA, University of Toulouse.
- Gilles Lafforgue & Walid Oueslati, 2005. "Optimal Soil Management and Environmental Policy," Working Papers 2005.114, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Tanui, Joseph & Groeneveld, Rolf & Klomp, Jeroen & Mowo, Jeremiahs & Ierland, Ekko C. van, 2013. "Explaining investments in sustainable land management: The role of various income sources in the smallholder farming systems of western Kenya," 2013 AAAE Fourth International Conference, September 22-25, 2013, Hammamet, Tunisia 161275, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Eskander, Shaikh M.S.U. & Barbier, Edward B., 2017.
"Tenure Security, Human Capital and Soil Conservation in an Overlapping Generation Rural Economy,"
Elsevier, vol. 135(C), pages 176-185.
- Eskander, Shaikh M.S.U. & Barbier, Edward B., 2017. "Tenure security, human capital and soil conservation in an overlapping generation rural economy," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 69196, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Trung Thanh Nguyen & Siegfried Bauer & Ulrike Grote, 2016. "Does Land Tenure Security Promote Manure Use by Farm Households in Vietnam?," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(2), pages 1-19, February.
- Balsdon, Edmund M., 2007. "Poverty and the management of natural resources: A model of shifting cultivation," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 333-347, September.
- Saint-Macary, Camille & Keil, Alwin & Zeller, Manfred, 2009. "Land allocation policy and conservation practices in the mountains of Northern Vietnam," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51763, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/11436 is not listed on IDEAS
- Shively, Gerald E., 2001. "Poverty, consumption risk, and soil conservation," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 267-290, August.
- Willassen, Yngve, 2004. "On the economics of the optimal fallow-cultivation cycle," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 28(8), pages 1541-1556, June.
- Bond, Craig A. & Farzin, Y. Hossein, 2004. "A Portfolio Of Nutrients: Soil And Sustainability," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20035, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Lichtenberg, Erik, 2006. ""A note on soil depth, failing markets and agricultural pricing": Comment," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 236-243, October.
- Jackson, T.M. & Hanjra, Munir A. & Khan, S. & Hafeez, M.M., 2011. "Building a climate resilient farm: A risk based approach for understanding water, energy and emissions in irrigated agriculture," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 104(9), pages 729-745.
- Tai, Meng-Yi & Chao, C.C. & Lu, Lee-Jung & Hu, Shih-Wen & Wang, Vey, 2016. "Land conservation, growth and welfare," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 102-110.
- Eskander, Shaikh M.S.U & Barbier, Edward B., 2015. "Tenure security and soil conservation in an overlapping generation rural economy," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 205225, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association;Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Lucas Bretschger & Alexandra Vinogradova, 2016. "Preservation of Agricultural Soils with Endogenous Stochastic Degradation," CER-ETH Economics working paper series 16/232, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
- Yoshito Takasaki & Oliver T. Coomes & Christian Abizaid & StÃ©phanie Brisson, 2014.
"An Efficient Nonmarket Institution under Imperfect Markets: Labor Sharing for Tropical Forest Clearing,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 96(3), pages 711-732.
- Yoshito Takasaki & Oliver T. Coomes & Christian Abizaid & St?phanie Brisson, 2011. "An efficient nonmarket institution under imperfect markets: Labor sharing for tropical forest clearing," Tsukuba Economics Working Papers 2011-007, Economics, Graduate School of Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Tsukuba, revised Jan 2012.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:8:y:2016:i:2:p:178:d:64024 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lavee, Doron, 2010. "The effect of water supply uncertainty on farmers' choice of crop portfolio," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 97(11), pages 1847-1854, November.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:17:y:2007:i:3:p:1-10 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yoshito Takasaki, 2011. "Economic models of shifting cultivation: a review," Tsukuba Economics Working Papers 2011-006, Economics, Graduate School of Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Tsukuba.
- Tesfamicheal Wossen & Thomas Berger & Salvatore Di Falco, 2015. "Social capital, risk preference and adoption of improved farm land management practices in Ethiopia," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 46(1), pages 81-97, January.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:deveco:v:54:y:1997:i:2:p:455-467. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/devec .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.