Marginal likelihoods for non-Gaussian models using auxiliary mixture sampling
Several new estimators of the marginal likelihood for complex non-Gaussian models are developed. These estimators make use of the output of auxiliary mixture sampling for count data and for binary and multinomial data. One of these estimators is based on combining Chib's estimator with data augmentation as in auxiliary mixture sampling, while the other estimators are importance sampling and bridge sampling based on constructing an unsupervised importance density from the output of auxiliary mixture sampling. These estimators are applied to a logit regression model, to a Poisson regression model, to a binomial model with random intercept, as well as to state space modeling of count data.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Durbin, J. & Koopman, S.J.M., 1998.
"Time Series Analysis of Non-Gaussian Observations Based on State Space Models from Both Classical and Bayesian Perspectives,"
1998-142, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- J. Durbin & S. J. Koopman, 2000. "Time series analysis of non-Gaussian observations based on state space models from both classical and Bayesian perspectives," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 62(1), pages 3-56.
- Chib, Siddhartha & Nardari, Federico & Shephard, Neil, 2002. "Markov chain Monte Carlo methods for stochastic volatility models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 108(2), pages 281-316, June.
- Fruhwirth-Schnatter, Sylvia & Fruhwirth, Rudolf, 2007. "Auxiliary mixture sampling with applications to logistic models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(7), pages 3509-3528, April.
- Geweke, John, 1989. "Bayesian Inference in Econometric Models Using Monte Carlo Integration," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(6), pages 1317-39, November.
- Chib S. & Jeliazkov I., 2001. "Marginal Likelihood From the Metropolis-Hastings Output," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 96, pages 270-281, March.
- Han C. & Carlin B. P., 2001. "Markov Chain Monte Carlo Methods for Computing Bayes Factors: A Comparative Review," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 96, pages 1122-1132, September.
- Sylvia Fr�Hwirth-Schnatter & Helga Wagner, 2006. "Auxiliary mixture sampling for parameter-driven models of time series of counts with applications to state space modelling," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 93(4), pages 827-841, December.
- Kadane, Joseph B. & Lazar, Nicole A., 2004. "Methods and Criteria for Model Selection," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 99, pages 279-290, January.
- Zellner, Arnold & Rossi, Peter E., 1984. "Bayesian analysis of dichotomous quantal response models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 365-393, July.
- Durbin, James & Koopman, Siem Jan, 2001.
"Time Series Analysis by State Space Methods,"
Oxford University Press, number 9780198523543, July.
- Tom Doan, . "SEASONALDLM: RATS procedure to create the matrices for the seasonal component of a DLM," Statistical Software Components RTS00251, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Omori, Yasuhiro & Chib, Siddhartha & Shephard, Neil & Nakajima, Jouchi, 2007. "Stochastic volatility with leverage: Fast and efficient likelihood inference," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 140(2), pages 425-449, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:csdana:v:52:y:2008:i:10:p:4608-4624. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.