Markov Chain Monte Carlo Methods for Computing Bayes Factors: A Comparative Review
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sowell, Fallaw, 1992. "Maximum likelihood estimation of stationary univariate fractionally integrated time series models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1-3), pages 165-188.
- Haldrup, Niels & Nielsen, Morten Orregaard, 2006.
"A regime switching long memory model for electricity prices,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 135(1-2), pages 349-376.
- Niels Haldrup & Morten O. Nielsen, 2004. "A Regime Switching Long Memory Model for Electricity Prices," Economics Working Papers 2004-2, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Knittel, Christopher R. & Roberts, Michael R., 2005. "An empirical examination of restructured electricity prices," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 791-817, September.
- Bollerslev, Tim & Ghysels, Eric, 1996.
"Periodic Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 14(2), pages 139-151, April.
- Bollerslev, T. & Ghysels, E., 1994. "Periodic Autoregressive Conditional Heteroskedasticity," Cahiers de recherche 9408, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Bollerslev, T. & Ghysels, E., 1994. "Periodic Autoregressive Conditional Heteroskedasticity," Cahiers de recherche 9408, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Jensen, S ren Tolver & Rahbek, Anders, 2004. "Asymptotic Inference For Nonstationary Garch," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(06), pages 1203-1226, December.
- Baillie, Richard T., 1996. "Long memory processes and fractional integration in econometrics," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 5-59, July.
- Baillie, Richard T & Chung, Ching-Fan & Tieslau, Margie A, 1996. "Analysing Inflation by the Fractionally Integrated ARFIMA-GARCH Model," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(1), pages 23-40, Jan.-Feb..
- Wilkinson, Louise & Winsen, Joseph, 2002. "What We Can Learn from a Statistical Analysis of Electricity Prices in New South Wales," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 60-69, April.
- Doornik, Jurgen A. & Ooms, Marius, 2003.
"Computational aspects of maximum likelihood estimation of autoregressive fractionally integrated moving average models,"
Computational Statistics & Data Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 333-348, March.
- Jurgen A. Doornik & Marius Ooms, 2001. "Computational Aspects of Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Autoregressive Fractionally Integrated Moving Average Models," Economics Papers 2001-W27, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chen, Min & Wang, Xinlei, 2011. "Approximate predictive densities and their applications in generalized linear models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 55(4), pages 1570-1580, April.
- Nicola J. Cooper & Paul C. Lambert & Keith R. Abrams & Alexander J. Sutton, 2007. "Predicting costs over time using Bayesian Markov chain Monte Carlo methods: an application to early inflammatory polyarthritis," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(1), pages 37-56.
- Summers, Peter M., 2004.
"Bayesian evidence on the structure of unemployment,"
Elsevier, vol. 83(3), pages 299-306, June.
- Peter M. Summers, 2003. "Bayesian Evidence on the Structure of Unemployment," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2003n03, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- McGrory, C.A. & Titterington, D.M., 2007. "Variational approximations in Bayesian model selection for finite mixture distributions," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(11), pages 5352-5367, July.
- Andrew D. Sanford & Gael Martin, 2004. "Bayesian Analysis of Continuous Time Models of the Australian Short Rate," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 11/04, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Ardia, David & Baştürk, Nalan & Hoogerheide, Lennart & van Dijk, Herman K., 2012.
"A comparative study of Monte Carlo methods for efficient evaluation of marginal likelihood,"
Computational Statistics & Data Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 56(11), pages 3398-3414.
- David Ardia & Nalan Basturk & Lennart Hoogerheide & Herman K. van Dijk, 2010. "A Comparative Study of Monte Carlo Methods for Efficient Evaluation of Marginal Likelihood," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 10-059/4, Tinbergen Institute.
- Lefebvre, Geneviève & Steele, Russell & Vandal, Alain C., 2010. "A path sampling identity for computing the Kullback-Leibler and J divergences," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 54(7), pages 1719-1731, July.
- Susanne Gschlößl & Claudia Czado, 2008. "Modelling count data with overdispersion and spatial effects," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 49(3), pages 531-552, July.
- Peter Austin & Michael Escobar, 2003. "The use of finite mixture models to estimate the distribution of the health utilities index in the presence of a ceiling effect," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(8), pages 909-923.
- Wang, Joanna J.J. & Chan, Jennifer S.K. & Choy, S.T. Boris, 2011. "Stochastic volatility models with leverage and heavy-tailed distributions: A Bayesian approach using scale mixtures," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 852-862, January.
- Frühwirth-Schnatter, Sylvia & Wagner, Helga, 2008. "Marginal likelihoods for non-Gaussian models using auxiliary mixture sampling," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(10), pages 4608-4624, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bes:jnlasa:v:96:y:2001:m:september:p:1122-1132. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.amstat.org/publications/jasa/index.cfm?fuseaction=main .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.