Convergence across Chinese provinces: An analysis using Markov transition matrix
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Zhang, Wei, 2001. "Rethinking Regional Disparity in China," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 34(1-2), pages 113-138.
- Cai, Fang & Wang, Dewen & Du, Yang, 2002. "Regional disparity and economic growth in China: The impact of labor market distortions," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(2-3), pages 197-212.
- Chen, Jian & Fleisher, Belton M., 1996. "Regional Income Inequality and Economic Growth in China," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 141-164, April.
- Paul Cashin & Ratna Sahay, 1996.
"Internal Migration, Center-State Grants, and Economic Growth in the States of India,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 43(1), pages 123-171, March.
- Paul Cashin & Ratna Sahay, 1995. "Internal Migration, Center-State Grants and Economic Growth in the States of India," IMF Working Papers 95/66, International Monetary Fund.
- Robert J. Barro & Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 1991. "Convergence across States and Regions," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 22(1), pages 107-182.
- Quah, Danny, 1993.
" Galton's Fallacy and Tests of the Convergence Hypothesis,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 95(4), pages 427-443, December.
- Quah, Danny, 1993. "Galton's Fallacy and Tests of the Convergence Hypothesis," CEPR Discussion Papers 820, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jonathan Temple, 1999. "The New Growth Evidence," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 37(1), pages 112-156, March.
- Robert J. Barro, 2013. "Inflation and Economic Growth," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 14(1), pages 121-144, May.
- Quah, Danny, 1993.
"Empirical cross-section dynamics in economic growth,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 37(2-3), pages 426-434, April.
- Danny Quah, 1992. "Empirical Cross-Section Dynamics in Economic Growth," FMG Discussion Papers dp154, Financial Markets Group.
- Danny Quah, 1992. "Empirical cross-section dynamics in economic growth," Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics 75, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Martin Raiser, 1998.
"Subsidising inequality: Economic reforms, fiscal transfers and convergence across Chinese provinces,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(3), pages 1-26.
- Raiser, Martin, 1996. "Subsidising inequality: Economic reforms, fiscal transfers and convergence across Chinese provinces," Kiel Working Papers 758, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Quah, Danny T, 1996.
"Twin Peaks: Growth and Convergence in Models of Distribution Dynamics,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(437), pages 1045-1055, July.
- Quah, Danny, 1996. "Twin Peaks: Growth and Convergence in Models of Distribution Dynamics," CEPR Discussion Papers 1355, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Durlauf, Steven N. & Quah, Danny T., 1999.
"The new empirics of economic growth,"
Handbook of Macroeconomics,in: J. B. Taylor & M. Woodford (ed.), Handbook of Macroeconomics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 4, pages 235-308
- Durlauf,S.N. & Quah,D.T., 1998. "The new empirics of economic growth," Working papers 3, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Steven N. Durlauf & Danny T. Quah, 1998. "The New Empirics of Economic Growth," NBER Working Papers 6422, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Steven N. Durlauf & Danny T. Quah, 1998. "The New Empirics of Economic Growth," Working Papers 98-01-012, Santa Fe Institute.
- S Durlauf & Danny Quah, 1998. "The New Empirics of Economic Growth," CEP Discussion Papers dp0384, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Barro, Robert J & Sala-i-Martin, Xavier, 1992. "Convergence," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(2), pages 223-251, April.
- Quah, Danny T., 1996. "Empirics for economic growth and convergence," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 1353-1375, June.
- Barro, Robert T. & Sala-I-Martin, Xavier, 1992. "Regional growth and migration: A Japan-United States comparison," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 312-346, December.
- Coulombe, S. & Lee, F.C., 1993. "Regional Economic Disparities in Canada," Working Papers 9317e, University of Ottawa, Department of Economics.
- Brun, J. F. & Combes, J. L. & Renard, M. F., 2002.
"Are there spillover effects between coastal and noncoastal regions in China?,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 13(2-3), pages 161-169.
- Jean-François BRUN & Jean-Louis COMBES & Mary-Françoise RENARD, 2001. "Are There Spillover Effects Between Coastal and Non-Coastal Regions in China ?," Working Papers 200113, CERDI.
- Yao, Shujie & Zhang, Zongyi, 2001. "On Regional Inequality and Diverging Clubs: A Case Study of Contemporary China," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 466-484, September.
- Jian, Tianlun & Sachs, Jeffrey D. & Warner, Andrew M., 1996.
"Trends in regional inequality in China,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 1-21.
- Jian, T & Sachs, J-D & Warner, A-M, 1995. "Trends in Regional Inequality in China," Papers 518, Harvard - Institute for International Development.
- Tianlun Jian & Jeffrey D. Sachs & Andrew M. Warner, 1996. "Trends in Regional Inequality in China," NBER Working Papers 5412, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Danny Quah, 1996. "Twin Peaks: Growth and Convergence in Models of Distribution Dynamics," CEP Discussion Papers dp0280, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Gundlach, Erich, 1997. "Regional convergence of output per worker in China: A neoclassical interpretation," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 1765, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jian-Xin Wu & Ling-Yun He, 2017.
"The Distribution Dynamics of Carbon Dioxide Emissions Intensity across Chinese Provinces: A Weighted Approach,"
MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(1), pages 1-19, January.
- Jian-Xin Wu & Ling-Yun He, 2016. "The distribution dynamics of Carbon Dioxide Emission intensity across Chinese provinces: A weighted Approach," Papers 1612.02658, arXiv.org.
- Herrerias, M.J. & Ordoñez, J., 2012.
"New evidence on the role of regional clusters and convergence in China (1952–2008),"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 1120-1133.
- M. J. Herrerias & Javier Ordoñez, 2011. "New Evidence on the Role of Regional Clusters and Convergence in China (1952-2008)," Working Papers 2011/07, Economics Department, Universitat Jaume I, Castellón (Spain).
- Maria Jesus Herrerias & Javier Ordóñez, 2014. "Stochastic Regional Convergence in China: The Role of Regional Clusters in a Nonlinear Perspective (1952–2007)," Pacific Economic Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(2), pages 153-169, May.
- Chun-Yu Ho & Dan Li, 2010. "Spatial Dependence and Divergence across Chinese Cities," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(2), pages 386-403, May.
- Sakamoto, Hiroshi, 2013. "Prediction of the Prefectural Economy in Japan Using a Stochastic Model," AGI Working Paper Series 2013-02, Asian Growth Research Institute.
- Hiroshi Sakamoto & Jin Fan, 2013. "Regional Income Disparity In China Using Value-Added Data: Decomposition And Distribution Dynamics," Review of Urban & Regional Development Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(1), pages 16-33, March.
- Nagayasu, Jun, 2009. "Regional Inflation in China," MPRA Paper 24722, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Funke, Michael & Yu, Hao, 2009.
"Economic growth across Chinese provinces : insearch of innovation-driven gains,"
BOFIT Discussion Papers
10/2009, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Michael Funke & Hao Yu, 2009. "Economic Growth Across Chinese Provinces: In Search of Innovation-Driven Gains," Quantitative Macroeconomics Working Papers 20909, Hamburg University, Department of Economics.
- Hiroshi Sakamoto, 2013. "Prediction Of The Prefectural Economy In Japan Using A Stochastic Model," Regional Science Inquiry, Hellenic Association of Regional Scientists, vol. 0(1), pages 13-24, June.
- Peng Bin, 2016. "Dynamic Development of Regional Disparity in Mainland China: An Experimental Study Based on a Multidimensional Index," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(12), pages 1-28, December.
- María Hierro & Adolfo Maza, 2015. "From Discrete To Continuous-Time Transition Matrices In Intra-Distribution Dynamics Analysis: An Application To Per Capita Wealth In Europe," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 67(3), pages 227-235, July.
- JÃ¸rn RattsÃ¸ & Hildegunn Stokke, 2014. "Regional Convergence of Income and Education: Investigation of Distribution Dynamics," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 51(8), pages 1672-1685, June.
- Hiroshi Sakamoto, 2012. "Future Prediction of the Prefectural Economy in Japan: Using a Stochastic Model," ERSA conference papers ersa12p139, European Regional Science Association.
- Bin, Peng, 2015. "Regional Disparity and Dynamic Development of China: a Multidimensional Index," MPRA Paper 61849, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cheong, Tsun Se & Wu, Yanrui, 2013.
"Regional disparity, transitional dynamics and convergence in China,"
Journal of Asian Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 1-14.
- Tsun Se Cheong & Yanrui Wu, 2012. "Regional Disparity, Transitional Dynamics and Convergence in China," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 12-23, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Hiroshi Sakamoto, 2011. "Provincial economic growth and industrial structure in China: An index approach," Regional Science Policy & Practice, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(4), pages 323-338, November.
- M. Herrerías, 2012. "Weighted convergence and regional growth in China: an alternative approach (1952–2008)," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 49(3), pages 685-718, December.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:chieco:v:19:y:2008:i:1:p:66-79. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/chieco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.