Characterizing exchange rate policy in East Asia: A reconsideration
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ronald McKinnon & Gunther Schnabl, 2004.
"The Return to Soft Dollar Pegging in East Asia: Mitigating Conflicted Virtue,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(2), pages 169-201, 07.
- Ronald McKinnon & Gunther Schnabl, 2004. "The Return to Soft Dollar Pegging in East Asia. Mitigating Conflicted Virtue," International Finance 0406007, EconWPA, revised 07 Jul 2004.
- Eiji Ogawa & Takatoshi Ito, 2000.
"On the Desirability of a Regional Basket Currency Arrangement,"
NBER Working Papers
8002, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ogawa, Eiji & Ito, Takatoshi, 2002. "On the Desirability of a Regional Basket Currency Arrangement," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 317-334, September.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel & Shang-Jin Wei, 1994.
"Yen Bloc or Dollar Bloc? Exchange Rate Policies of the East Asian Economies,"
in: Macroeconomic Linkage: Savings, Exchange Rates, and Capital Flows, NBER-EASE Volume 3, pages 295-333
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wei, S.J. & Frankel, J.A., 1992. "Yen Bloc or Dollar Bloc: Exchange Rate Policies of the East Asian Economies," Papers 92-08, University of Birmingham - International Financial Group.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel & Shang-Jin Wei, 1992. "Yen bloc or dollar bloc: exchange rate policies of the East Asian economies," Pacific Basin Working Paper Series 93-01, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Glick, Reuven & Rose, Andrew K., 1999.
"Contagion and trade: Why are currency crises regional?,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 603-617, August.
- Reuven Glick & Andrew K. Rose, 1998. "Contagion and trade: why are currency crises regional?," Pacific Basin Working Paper Series 98-03, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Reuven Glick & Andrew K. Rose, 1998. "Contagion and Trade: Why Are Currency Crises Regional?," NBER Working Papers 6806, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Glick, Reuven & Rose, Andrew K, 1998. "Contagion and Trade: Why are Currency Crises Regional," CEPR Discussion Papers 1947, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kawai, Masahiro & Akiyama, Shigeru, 2000. "Implications of the currency crisis for exchange rate arrangements in emerging East Asia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2502, The World Bank.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel, 2003.
"Experience of and Lessons from Exchange Rate Regime in Emerging Economies,"
NBER Working Papers
10032, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frankel, Jeffrey, 2003. "Experience of and Lessons from Exchange Rate Regimes in Emerging Economies," Working Paper Series rwp03-011, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Ronald I. McKinnon, 2001. "After the Crisis, The East Asian Dollar Standard Resurrected: An Interpretation of High Frequency Exchange Rate Pegging," Working Papers 042001, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Frederic S. Mishkin, 2000.
"Lessons from the Asian Crisis,"
NBER Working Papers
7102, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carsten Hefeker & Andreas Nabor, 2005. "China's role in East-Asian monetary integration," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(2), pages 157-166.
- Eiji Ogawa & Junko Shimizu, 2005. "A Deviation Measurement for Coordinated Exchange Rate Policies in East Asia," Discussion papers 05017, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Taimur Baig, 2001. "Characterizing Exchange Rate Regimes in Post-Crisis East Asia," IMF Working Papers 01/152, International Monetary Fund.
- Kentaro Kawasaki & Eiji Ogawa, 2006. "What Should the Weights of the Three Major Currencies be in a Common Currency Basket in East Asia? ," Asian Economic Journal, East Asian Economic Association, vol. 20(1), pages 75-94, 03.
- Stanley Fischer, 2001. "Exchange Rate Regimes: Is the Bipolar View Correct?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 15(2), pages 3-24, Spring.
- Shin-ichi Fukuda, 2002. "Post-crisis Exchange Rate Regimes in East Asia," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-181, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:asieco:v:18:y:2007:i:3:p:448-465. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.