Stock market correlations between China and its emerging market neighbors
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Chuang, I-Yuan & Lu, Jin-Ray & Tswei, Keshin, 2007. "Interdependence of international equity variances: Evidence from East Asian markets," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 311-327, December.
- Theodore Syriopoulos, 2004. "International portfolio diversification to Central European stock markets," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(17), pages 1253-1268.
- Victor Pontines & Reza Siregar, 2009.
"Tranquil and crisis windows, heteroscedasticity, and contagion measurement: MS-VAR application of the DCC procedure,"
Applied Financial Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(9), pages 745-752.
- Victor Pontines & Reza Y. Siregar, 2007. "Tranquil and Crisis Windows, Heteroscedasticity, and Contagion Measurement: MS-VAR Application of the DCC Procedure," School of Economics Working Papers 2007-02, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- Baekin Cha & Yan-leung Cheung, 1998. "The Impact of the U.S. and the Japanese Equity Markets on the Emerging Asia-Pacific Equity Markets," Asia-Pacific Financial Markets, Springer;Japanese Association of Financial Economics and Engineering, vol. 5(3), pages 191-209, November.
- Araújo, Eurilton, 2009.
"Macroeconomic shocks and the co-movement of stock returns in Latin America,"
Emerging Markets Review,
Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 331-344, December.
- Araújo, Eurilton, 2008. "Macroeconomic Shocks and the Co-movement of Stock Returns in Latin America," Insper Working Papers wpe_113, Insper Working Paper, Insper Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa.
- William N. Goetzmann & Lingfeng Li & K. Geert Rouwenhorst, 2005.
"Long-Term Global Market Correlations,"
The Journal of Business,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(1), pages 1-38, January.
- William N. Goetzmann & Lingfeng Li & K. Geert Rouwenhorst, 2001. "Long-Term Global Market Correlations," NBER Working Papers 8612, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- William Goetzmann & Lingfeng Li & K. Rouwenhorst, 2001. "Long-Term Global Market Correlations," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm237, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Jan 2008.
- William N.Goetzmann & Lingfeng Li & K.Geert Rouwenhorst, 2003. "Long-Term Global Market Correlations," DNB Staff Reports (discontinued) 98, Netherlands Central Bank.
- Climent, Francisco & Meneu, Vicente, 2003.
"Has 1997 Asian crisis increased information flows between international markets,"
International Review of Economics & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 111-143.
- Francisco J. Climent & Vicente Meneu, "undated". "Has 1997 Asian Crisis Increased Information Flows Between International Markets?," Working Papers on International Economics and Finance 01-01, FEDEA.
- Francisco J. Climent & Vicente Meneu, 2001. "Has 1997 Asian Crisis increased Information Flows between International Markets?," Working Papers 01-01, Asociación Española de Economía y Finanzas Internacionales.
- Elyasiani, Elyas & Perera, Priyal & Puri, Tribhuvan N., 1998. "Interdependence and dynamic linkages between stock markets of Sri Lanka and its trading partners," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 89-101, January.
- Frans A. de Roon, 2001. "Testing for Mean-Variance Spanning with Short Sales Constraints and Transaction Costs: The Case of Emerging Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(2), pages 721-742, April.
- Janakiramanan, Sundaram & Lamba, Asjeet S., 1998. "An empirical examination of linkages between Pacific-Basin stock markets," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 155-173, June.
- Chunyang Zhou & Chongfeng Wu & Li Yang, 2011. "The Informational Role of Stock and Warrant Trades: Empirical Evidence from China," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(0), pages 78-93, January.
- Paramita Mukherjee & Suchismita Bose, 2008. "Does the Stock Market in India Move with Asia?: A Multivariate Cointegration-Vector Autoregression Approach," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(5), pages 5-22, September.
- Rigobon, Roberto, 2003. "On the measurement of the international propagation of shocks: is the transmission stable?," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 261-283, December.
- Hsiao, Frank S. T. & Hsiao, Mei-chu W. & Yamashita, Akio, 2003. "The impact of the US economy on the Asia-Pacific region: does it matter?," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 219-241, April.
- Nijman, T.E. & de Roon, F.A. & Werker, B.J.M., 2001. "Testing for Mean-Variance spanning with short sales constraints and transaction costs : The case of emerging markets," Other publications TiSEM f4a3551a-d7ae-4c22-8813-b, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Li, Kai & Sarkar, Asani & Wang, Zhenyu, 2003. "Diversification benefits of emerging markets subject to portfolio constraints," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(1-2), pages 57-80, February.
- Sang Jin Lee, 2009. "Volatility spillover effects amongsix Asian countries," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(5), pages 501-508.
- Singh, Priyanka & Kumar, Brajesh & Pandey, Ajay, 2010. "Price and volatility spillovers across North American, European and Asian stock markets," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 55-64, January.
- Y. Liu & Ming-Shiun Pan & Joseph Shieh, 1998. "International transmission of stock price movements: Evidence from the U.S. and five Asian-Pacific markets," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 22(1), pages 59-69, March.
- Chow, Hwee Kwan & Kim, Yoonbai & Sun, Wei, 2007. "Characterizing exchange rate policy in East Asia: A reconsideration," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 448-465, June.
- In, Francis & Kim, Sangbae & Yoon, Jai Hyung & Viney, Christopher, 2001. "Dynamic interdependence and volatility transmission of Asian stock markets: Evidence from the Asian crisis," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 87-96.
- Jayasuriya, Shamila, 2005. "Stock market liberalization and volatility in the presence of favorable market characteristics and institutions," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 170-191, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:ememar:v:31:y:2017:i:c:p:32-46 is not listed on IDEAS
- Monica Billio & Michael Donadelli & Antonio Paradiso & Max Riedel, 2015. "Measuring Financial Integration: Lessons from the Correlation," Working Papers 2015:23, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Qiang Ji & Bing-Yue Liu & Juncal Cunado & Rangan Gupta, 2017. "Risk Spillover between the US and the Remaining G7 Stock Markets Using Time-Varying Copulas with Markov Switching: Evidence from Over a Century of Data," Working Papers 201759, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Scott J. Niblock & Panha Heng & Keith Sloan, 2014. "Regional stock markets and the economic development of Southeast Asia," Asian-Pacific Economic Literature, Asia Pacific School of Economics and Government, The Australian National University, vol. 28(1), pages 47-59, May.
- Kiviet Jan F., 2017.
"Discriminating between (in)valid External Instruments and (in)valid Exclusion Restrictions,"
Journal of Econometric Methods,
De Gruyter, vol. 6(1), pages 1-9, January.
- Jan F. Kiviet, 2015. "Discriminating between (in)valid external instruments and (in)valid exclusion restrictions," UvA-Econometrics Working Papers 15-04, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Dept. of Econometrics.
- Jan F. Kiviet, 2016. "Discriminating between (in)valid external instruments and (in)valid exclusion restrictions," Economic Growth Centre Working Paper Series 1508, Nanyang Technological University, School of Social Sciences, Economic Growth Centre.
- Tam, Pui Sun, 2014. "A spatial–temporal analysis of East Asian equity market linkages," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 304-327.
- Billio, M. & Donadelli, M. & Paradiso, A. & Riedel, M., 2017. "Which market integration measure?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 150-174.
- Chuliá, Helena & Guillén, Montserrat & Uribe, Jorge M., 2017.
"Spillovers from the United States to Latin American and G7 stock markets: A VAR quantile analysis,"
Emerging Markets Review,
Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 32-46.
- Helena Chuliá & Montserrat Guillén & Jorge M. Uribe, 2015. "“Spillovers From the United States to Latin American and G7 Stock Markets: a VAR Quantile Analysis”," IREA Working Papers 201525, University of Barcelona, Research Institute of Applied Economics, revised Oct 2015.
- Tiwari, Aviral Kumar & Mutascu, Mihai Ioan & Albulescu, Claudiu Tiberiu, 2016. "Continuous wavelet transform and rolling correlation of European stock markets," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 237-256.
- repec:eee:ecmode:v:69:y:2018:i:c:p:220-236 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:enepol:v:106:y:2017:i:c:p:111-121 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mensah, Jones Odei & Premaratne, Gamini, 2014. "Dependence patterns among Banking Sectors in Asia: A Copula Approach," MPRA Paper 60119, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jan F. Kiviet & Zhenxi Chen, 2016. "A critical appraisal of studies analyzing co-movement of international stock markets with a focus on East-Asian indices," Economic Growth Centre Working Paper Series 1606, Nanyang Technological University, School of Social Sciences, Economic Growth Centre.
- repec:spr:empeco:v:52:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s00181-016-1113-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hanousek, Jan & Novotný, Jan, 2012.
"Price jumps in Visegrad-country stock markets: An empirical analysis,"
Emerging Markets Review,
Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 184-201.
- Jan Novotny, 2010. "Price Jumps in Visegrad Country Stock Markets: An Empirical Analysis," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp412, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Claudiu Tiberiu Albulescu & Daniel Goyeau & Aviral Kumar Tiwari, 2017.
"Co-movements and contagion between international stock index futures markets,"
Springer, vol. 52(4), pages 1529-1568, June.
- Claudiu Tiberiu Albulescu & Daniel Goyeau & Aviral Kumar Tiwaric, 2016. "Co-movements and contagion between international stock index futures markets," Post-Print halshs-01388618, HAL.
- Narayan, Seema & Doytch, Nadia & Nguyen, Tri Tung & Kluegel, Karl, 2016. "Trade of goods and services and risk sharing ability in international equity markets: Are these substitutes or complements?," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 485-503.
More about this item
KeywordsStock market returns; Market correlations; Emerging market economies; Vector autoregression (VAR); Impulse response functions; Vector decomposition; Stock market characteristics;
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes; State Space Models
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ememar:v:12:y:2011:i:4:p:418-431. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620356 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.