The East Asian crisis and financing corporate investment: is there a cause for concern?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rosen, Harvey S., 1998. "The future of entrepreneurial finance," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(6-8), pages 1105-1107, August.
- David de Meza & David C. Webb, 1987. "Too Much Investment: A Problem of Asymmetric Information," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 102(2), pages 281-292.
- Jensen, Michael C, 1986. "Agency Costs of Free Cash Flow, Corporate Finance, and Takeovers," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(2), pages 323-329, May.
- Myers, Stewart C, 1984. " The Capital Structure Puzzle," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 39(3), pages 575-592, July.
- Fazzari, Steven M & Hubbard, R Glenn & Petersen, Bruce C, 1988. "Investment, Financing Decisions, and Tax Policy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(2), pages 200-205, May.
- Vivek Ghosal & Prakash Loungani, 1996. "Firm size and the impact of profit-margin uncertainty on investment: do financing constraints play a role?," International Finance Discussion Papers 557, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Athey, Michael J. & Laumas, Prem S., 1994. "Internal funds and corporate investment in India," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 287-303, December.
- Steven M. Fazzari & R. Glenn Hubbard & Bruce C. Petersen, 1988. "Financing Constraints and Corporate Investment," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 19(1), pages 141-206.
- Blundell, Richard & Bond, Stephen & Devereux, Michael & Schiantarelli, Fabio, 1992. "Investment and Tobin's Q: Evidence from company panel data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 51(1-2), pages 233-257.
- Kwack, Sung Yeung, 2000. "An empirical analysis of the factors determining the financial crisis in Asia," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 195-206.
- Panicos O Demetriades, 1999. "Financial Liberalization and Credit-Asset Booms and Busts in East Asia," Discussion Papers in Economics 00/6, Department of Economics, University of Leicester, revised Jan 2000.
- Baltagi, Badi H & Griffin, James M, 1984. "Short and Long Run Effects in Pooled Models," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 25(3), pages 631-645, October.
- Stewart C. Myers, 1984. "Capital Structure Puzzle," NBER Working Papers 1393, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stephen D. Oliner & Glenn D. Rudebusch, 1996.
"Is there a broad credit channel for monetary policy?,"
Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, pages 3-13.
- Stephen D. Oliner & Glenn D. Rudebusch, 1994. "Is there a broad credit channel for monetary policy?," Working Paper Series / Economic Activity Section 146, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Alonso-Borrego, Cesar & Bentolila, Samuel, 1994. "Investment and Q in Spanish Manufacturing Firms," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 56(1), pages 49-65, February.
- Manuel Arellano & Stephen Bond, 1991.
"Some Tests of Specification for Panel Data: Monte Carlo Evidence and an Application to Employment Equations,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 58(2), pages 277-297.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS program to replicate Arellano-Bond 1991 dynamic panel," Statistical Software Components RTZ00169, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Vogt, Stephen C., 1994. "The role of internal financial sources in firm financing and investment decisions," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 1-24.
- Myers, Stewart C., 1984. "Capital structure puzzle," Working papers 1548-84., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nishimura, Kiyohiko G. & Nakajima, Takanobu & Kiyota, Kozo, 2005. "Does the natural selection mechanism still work in severe recessions?: Examination of the Japanese economy in the 1990s," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 53-78, September.
- Nigel Driffield & Sarmistha Pal, 2007. "How Does Ownership Structure Affect Capital Structure and Firm Value? Recent Evidence from East Asia," CEDI Discussion Paper Series 07-04, Centre for Economic Development and Institutions(CEDI), Brunel University.
- Bany-Ariffin, A.N. & Mat Nor, Fauzias & McGowan Jr., Carl B., 2010. "Pyramidal structure, firm capital structure exploitation and ultimate owners' dominance," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 151-164, June.
- Nigel Driffield & Sarmistha Pal, 2010.
"Evolution of capital structure in east Asia-corporate inertia or endeavours?,"
Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A,
Royal Statistical Society, vol. 173(1), pages 1-29.
- Driffield, Nigel & Pal, Sarmistha, 2008. "Evolution of Capital Structure in East Asia: Corporate Inertia or Endeavours?," IZA Discussion Papers 3426, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Nigel Driffield & Sarmistha Pal, 2008. "Evolution of Capital Strcture in East Asia: Corporate Inertia or Endeavours?," CEDI Discussion Paper Series 08-04, Centre for Economic Development and Institutions(CEDI), Brunel University.
- Sarmistha Pal & Nigel Driffield, 2016. "Evolution of Capital Structure in East Asia: Corporate Inertia or Endeavours?," Working Papers id:8465, eSocialSciences.
- A.N. Bany-Ariffin, 2010. "Disentangling the driving force of pyramidal firms' capital structure: a new perspective," Studies in Economics and Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 27(3), pages 195-210, August.
- Nigel Driffield & Vidya Mahambare & Sarmistha Pal, 2004.
"Dynamic Adjustment of Corporate Leverage: Is there a lesson to learn from the Recent Asian Crisis?,"
- Nigel Driffield & Vidya Mahambare & Sarmistha Pal, 2005. "Dynamic Adjustment of Corporate Leverage: Is there a lesson to learn from the Recent Asian Crisis?," Finance 0505011, EconWPA.
- Driffield, Nigel & Pal, Sarmistha, 2006.
"Do external funds yield lower returns?: Recent evidence from East Asian economies,"
Journal of Asian Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 171-188, February.
- Sarmistha Pal & Nigel Driffield, 2003. "Do External Funds Yield Lower Returns ? Recent Evidence From East Asian Economies," Finance 0309002, EconWPA, revised 15 Mar 2004.
- Sarmistha Pal, 2005. "Do External Funds Yield Lower Returns? Recent Evidence From East Asian Economies," Development and Comp Systems 0512021, EconWPA.
- Vithessonthi, Chaiporn & Tongurai, Jittima, 2015. "The effect of firm size on the leverage–performance relationship during the financial crisis of 2007–2009," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 1-29.
- Ameer, Rashid, 2014. "Financial constraints and corporate investment in Asian countries," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 44-55.
- Rashid Ameer, 2013. "Financial liberalization and firms’ capital structure adjustments evidence from Southeast Asia and South America," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 37(1), pages 1-32, January.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:asieco:v:12:y:2001:i:4:p:507-527. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/asieco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.