Investigations on thermo-hydraulic performance due to flow-attack-angle in V-down rib with gap in a rectangular duct of solar air heater
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Alta, Deniz & Bilgili, Emin & Ertekin, C. & Yaldiz, Osman, 2010. "Experimental investigation of three different solar air heaters: Energy and exergy analyses," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(10), pages 2953-2973, October.
- El-Sebaii, A.A. & Aboul-Enein, S. & Ramadan, M.R.I. & Shalaby, S.M. & Moharram, B.M., 2011. "Thermal performance investigation of double pass-finned plate solar air heater," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(5), pages 1727-1739, May.
- Wazed, M.A. & Nukman, Y. & Islam, M.T., 2010. "Design and fabrication of a cost effective solar air heater for Bangladesh," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(10), pages 3030-3036, October.
- Prasad, K. & Mullick, S. C., 1983. "Heat transfer characteristics of a solar air heater used for drying purposes," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 83-93, February.
- Ho, C.D. & Yeh, H.M. & Cheng, T.W. & Chen, T.C. & Wang, R.C., 2009. "The influences of recycle on performance of baffled double-pass flat-plate solar air heaters with internal fins attached," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(9), pages 1470-1478, September.
- Akpinar, Ebru Kavak & Koçyigit, Fatih, 2010. "Energy and exergy analysis of a new flat-plate solar air heater having different obstacles on absorber plates," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(11), pages 3438-3450, November.
- El-Sebaii, A.A. & Aboul-Enein, S. & Ramadan, M.R.I. & Shalaby, S.M. & Moharram, B.M., 2011. "Investigation of thermal performance of-double pass-flat and v-corrugated plate solar air heaters," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 1076-1086.
- Varun & Siddhartha, 2010. "Thermal performance optimization of a flat plate solar air heater using genetic algorithm," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(5), pages 1793-1799, May.
- Omojaro, A.P. & Aldabbagh, L.B.Y., 2010. "Experimental performance of single and double pass solar air heater with fins and steel wire mesh as absorber," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(12), pages 3759-3765, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Varun Kumar B. & G. Manikandan & P. Rajesh Kanna & Dawid Taler & Jan Taler & Marzena Nowak-Ocłoń & Karol Mzyk & Hoong Thiam Toh, 2018. "A Performance Evaluation of a Solar Air Heater Using Different Shaped Ribs Mounted on the Absorber Plate—A Review," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(11), pages 1-20, November.
- Luo, Lei & Wen, Fengbo & Wang, Lei & Sundén, Bengt & Wang, Songtao, 2016. "Thermal enhancement by using grooves and ribs combined with delta-winglet vortex generator in a solar receiver heat exchanger," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 183(C), pages 1317-1332.
- Karwa, Rajendra & Chitoshiya, Girish, 2013. "Performance study of solar air heater having v-down discrete ribs on absorber plate," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 939-955.
- Saxena, Abhishek & Varun, & El-Sebaii, A.A., 2015. "A thermodynamic review of solar air heaters," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 863-890.
- Singh Yadav, Anil & Kumar Thapak, Manish, 2014. "Artificially roughened solar air heater: Experimental investigations," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 370-411.
- Alam, Tabish & Saini, R.P. & Saini, J.S., 2014. "Use of turbulators for heat transfer augmentation in an air duct – A review," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 689-715.
- Chauhan, Ranchan & Singh, Tej & Thakur, N.S. & Patnaik, Amar, 2016. "Optimization of parameters in solar thermal collector provided with impinging air jets based upon preference selection index method," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 118-126.
- Thakur, Deep Singh & Khan, Mohd. Kaleem & Pathak, Manabendra, 2017. "Solar air heater with hyperbolic ribs: 3D simulation with experimental validation," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 357-368.
- Singh, Sukhmeet & Chander, Subhash & Saini, J.S., 2015. "Thermo-hydraulic performance due to relative roughness pitch in V-down rib with gap in solar air heater duct—Comparison with similar rib roughness geometries," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 1159-1166.
- Alam, Tabish & Kim, Man-Hoe, 2018. "A comprehensive review on single phase heat transfer enhancement techniques in heat exchanger applications," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 81(P1), pages 813-839.
- Kuruneru, Sahan Trushad Wickramasooriya & Sauret, Emilie & Saha, Suvash Chandra & Gu, YuanTong, 2016. "Numerical investigation of the temporal evolution of particulate fouling in metal foams for air-cooled heat exchangers," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 184(C), pages 531-547.
- Alam, Tabish & Kim, Man-Hoe, 2017. "A critical review on artificial roughness provided in rectangular solar air heater duct," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 387-400.
- Nidhul, Kottayat & Kumar, Sachin & Yadav, Ajay Kumar & Anish, S., 2020. "Enhanced thermo-hydraulic performance in a V-ribbed triangular duct solar air heater: CFD and exergy analysis," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 200(C).
- Ma, Ting & Wang, Qiu-wang & Zeng, Min & Chen, Yi-tung & Liu, Yang & Nagarajan, Vijaisri, 2012. "Study on heat transfer and pressure drop performances of ribbed channel in the high temperature heat exchanger," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 393-401.
- Dezan, Daniel J. & Rocha, André D. & Ferreira, Wallace G., 2020. "Parametric sensitivity analysis and optimisation of a solar air heater with multiple rows of longitudinal vortex generators," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 263(C).
- Sharma, Sanjay K. & Kalamkar, Vilas R., 2015. "Thermo-hydraulic performance analysis of solar air heaters having artificial roughness–A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 413-435.
- Sahu, Mukesh Kumar & Prasad, Radha Krishna, 2017. "Thermohydraulic performance analysis of an arc shape wire roughened solar air heater," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 598-614.
- Rajaseenivasan, T. & Srinivasan, S. & Srithar, K., 2015. "Comprehensive study on solar air heater with circular and V-type turbulators attached on absorber plate," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 863-873.
More about this item
KeywordsV-down rib having gap; Thermo-hydraulic performance; Heat transfer; Friction factor; Artificial roughness;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:appene:v:97:y:2012:i:c:p:907-912. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.