Comprehensive study on solar air heater with circular and V-type turbulators attached on absorber plate
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Singh, Sukhmeet & Chander, Subhash & Saini, J.S., 2012. "Investigations on thermo-hydraulic performance due to flow-attack-angle in V-down rib with gap in a rectangular duct of solar air heater," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 907-912.
- Karwa, Rajendra & Chitoshiya, Girish, 2013. "Performance study of solar air heater having v-down discrete ribs on absorber plate," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 939-955.
- Sun, Wei & Ji, Jie & He, Wei, 2010. "Influence of channel depth on the performance of solar air heaters," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(10), pages 4201-4207.
- Mohammadi, K. & Sabzpooshani, M., 2013. "Comprehensive performance evaluation and parametric studies of single pass solar air heater with fins and baffles attached over the absorber plate," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 741-750.
- Yang, Ming & Yang, Xudong & Li, Xing & Wang, Zhifeng & Wang, Pengsu, 2014. "Design and optimization of a solar air heater with offset strip fin absorber plate," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 1349-1362.
- Oztop, Hakan F. & Bayrak, Fatih & Hepbasli, Arif, 2013. "Energetic and exergetic aspects of solar air heating (solar collector) systems," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 21(C), pages 59-83.
- Ramadan, M.R.I. & El-Sebaii, A.A. & Aboul-Enein, S. & El-Bialy, E., 2007. "Thermal performance of a packed bed double-pass solar air heater," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(8), pages 1524-1535.
- Chaube, Alok & Sahoo, P.K. & Solanki, S.C., 2006. "Analysis of heat transfer augmentation and flow characteristics due to rib roughness over absorber plate of a solar air heater," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 317-331.
- Nowzari, Raheleh & Aldabbagh, L.B.Y. & Egelioglu, F., 2014. "Single and double pass solar air heaters with partially perforated cover and packed mesh," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 694-702.
- Lanjewar, Atul & Bhagoria, J.L. & Sarviya, R.M., 2011. "Heat transfer and friction in solar air heater duct with W-shaped rib roughness on absorber plate," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 4531-4541.
- El-Sebaii, A.A. & Aboul-Enein, S. & Ramadan, M.R.I. & Shalaby, S.M. & Moharram, B.M., 2011. "Investigation of thermal performance of-double pass-flat and v-corrugated plate solar air heaters," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 1076-1086.
- Ozgen, Filiz & Esen, Mehmet & Esen, Hikmet, 2009. "Experimental investigation of thermal performance of a double-flow solar air heater having aluminium cans," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(11), pages 2391-2398.
- Jaisankar, S. & Radhakrishnan, T.K. & Sheeba, K.N., 2009. "Studies on heat transfer and friction factor characteristics of thermosyphon solar water heating system with helical twisted tapes," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(9), pages 1054-1064.
- Tanda, Giovanni, 2011. "Performance of solar air heater ducts with different types of ribs on the absorber plate," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 6651-6660.
- Singh, Sukhmeet & Chander, Subhash & Saini, J.S., 2012. "Exergy based analysis of solar air heater having discrete V-down rib roughness on absorber plate," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 749-758.
- Gupta, M.K. & Kaushik, S.C., 2008. "Exergetic performance evaluation and parametric studies of solar air heater," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(11), pages 1691-1702.
- Sabzpooshani, M. & Mohammadi, K. & Khorasanizadeh, H., 2014. "Exergetic performance evaluation of a single pass baffled solar air heater," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 697-706.
- Aldabbagh, L.B.Y. & Egelioglu, F. & Ilkan, M., 2010. "Single and double pass solar air heaters with wire mesh as packing bed," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(9), pages 3783-3787.
- Karsli, Suleyman, 2007. "Performance analysis of new-design solar air collectors for drying applications," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(10), pages 1645-1660.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Poongavanam, Ganesh Kumar & Panchabikesan, Karthik & Leo, Anto Joseph Deeyoko & Ramalingam, Velraj, 2018. "Experimental investigation on heat transfer augmentation of solar air heater using shot blasted V-corrugated absorber plate," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 127(C), pages 213-229.
- Alam, Tabish & Kim, Man-Hoe, 2018. "A comprehensive review on single phase heat transfer enhancement techniques in heat exchanger applications," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 81(P1), pages 813-839.
- Varun Kumar B. & G. Manikandan & P. Rajesh Kanna & Dawid Taler & Jan Taler & Marzena Nowak-Ocłoń & Karol Mzyk & Hoong Thiam Toh, 2018. "A Performance Evaluation of a Solar Air Heater Using Different Shaped Ribs Mounted on the Absorber Plate—A Review," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(11), pages 1-20, November.
- Kumar, Anil & Kumar, Raj & Maithani, Rajesh & Chauhan, Ranchan & Sethi, Muneesh & Kumari, Anita & Kumar, Sushil & Kumar, Sunil, 2017. "Correlation development for Nusselt number and friction factor of a multiple type V-pattern dimpled obstacles solar air passage," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 461-479.
- Debnath, Suman & Das, Biplab & Randive, P.R. & Pandey, K.M., 2018. "Performance analysis of solar air collector in the climatic condition of North Eastern India," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 165(PB), pages 281-298.
- Chauhan, Ranchan & Singh, Tej & Tiwari, Avinash & Patnaik, Amar & Thakur, N.S., 2017. "Hybrid entropy – TOPSIS approach for energy performance prioritization in a rectangular channel employing impinging air jets," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 134(C), pages 360-368.
- Kumar, Raj & Kumar, Anil & Chauhan, Ranchan & Maithani, Rajesh, 2018. "Comparative study of effect of various blockage arrangements on thermal hydraulic performance in a roughened air passage," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 81(P1), pages 447-463.
- Sheikholeslami, M. & Ganji, D.D., 2016. "Heat transfer enhancement in an air to water heat exchanger with discontinuous helical turbulators; experimental and numerical studies," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 116(P1), pages 341-352.
- Rajaseenivasan, T. & Shanmugam, R.K. & Hareesh, V.M. & Srithar, K., 2016. "Combined probation of bubble column humidification dehumidification desalination system using solar collectors," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 116(P1), pages 459-469.
- Zhang, Qiangqiang & Li, Xin & Wang, Zhifeng & Zhang, Jinbai & El-Hefni, Baligh & Xu, Li, 2015. "Modeling and simulation of a molten salt cavity receiver with Dymola," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 93(P2), pages 1373-1384.
More about this item
KeywordsSolar air heater; Circular turbulator; V-shape turbulator; Exergy analysis; Thermal enhancement factor; Performance study;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:energy:v:88:y:2015:i:c:p:863-873. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.