Performance of solar air heater ducts with different types of ribs on the absorber plate
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mittal, M.K. & Varun, & Saini, R.P. & Singal, S.K., 2007. "Effective efficiency of solar air heaters having different types of roughness elements on the absorber plate," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 739-745.
- Sahu, M.M. & Bhagoria, J.L., 2005. "Augmentation of heat transfer coefficient by using 90° broken transverse ribs on absorber plate of solar air heater," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 30(13), pages 2057-2073.
- Ozgen, Filiz & Esen, Mehmet & Esen, Hikmet, 2009. "Experimental investigation of thermal performance of a double-flow solar air heater having aluminium cans," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(11), pages 2391-2398.
- Bhushan, Brij & Singh, Ranjit, 2010. "A review on methodology of artificial roughness used in duct of solar air heaters," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 202-212.
- Layek, Apurba & Saini, J.S. & Solanki, S.C., 2007. "Second law optimization of a solar air heater having chamfered rib–groove roughness on absorber plate," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(12), pages 1967-1980.
- Cortés, A. & Piacentini, R., 1990. "Improvement of the efficiency of a bare solar collector by means of turbulence promoters," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 253-261.
- Moummi, N & Youcef-Ali, S & Moummi, A & Desmons, J.Y, 2004. "Energy analysis of a solar air collector with rows of fins," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 29(13), pages 2053-2064.
- Saini, R.P. & Verma, Jitendra, 2008. "Heat transfer and friction factor correlations for a duct having dimple-shape artificial roughness for solar air heaters," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(8), pages 1277-1287.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yang, Ming & Yang, Xudong & Li, Xing & Wang, Zhifeng & Wang, Pengsu, 2014. "Design and optimization of a solar air heater with offset strip fin absorber plate," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 1349-1362.
- Varun Kumar B. & G. Manikandan & P. Rajesh Kanna & Dawid Taler & Jan Taler & Marzena Nowak-Ocłoń & Karol Mzyk & Hoong Thiam Toh, 2018. "A Performance Evaluation of a Solar Air Heater Using Different Shaped Ribs Mounted on the Absorber Plate—A Review," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(11), pages 1-20, November.
- Chauhan, Ranchan & Thakur, N.S., 2014. "Investigation of the thermohydraulic performance of impinging jet solar air heater," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 255-261.
- Singh, Simarpreet, 2017. "Performance evaluation of a novel solar air heater with arched absorber plate," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 114(PB), pages 879-886.
- Mohammadi, K. & Sabzpooshani, M., 2013. "Comprehensive performance evaluation and parametric studies of single pass solar air heater with fins and baffles attached over the absorber plate," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 741-750.
- Shams, S.M.N. & Mc Keever, M. & Mc Cormack, S. & Norton, B., 2016. "Design and experiment of a new solar air heating collector," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 374-383.
- Nidhul, Kottayat & Kumar, Sachin & Yadav, Ajay Kumar & Anish, S., 2020. "Enhanced thermo-hydraulic performance in a V-ribbed triangular duct solar air heater: CFD and exergy analysis," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 200(C).
- Mahian, Omid & Mahmud, Shohel & Heris, Saeed Zeinali, 2012. "Analysis of entropy generation between co-rotating cylinders using nanofluids," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 438-446.
- Singh, Amritpal & Singh, Sukhmeet, 2017. "CFD investigation on roughness pitch variation in non-uniform cross-section transverse rib roughness on Nusselt number and friction factor characteristics of solar air heater duct," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 128(C), pages 109-127.
- Kumar, Rajneesh & Kumar, Anoop & Goel, Varun, 2019. "Performance improvement and development of correlation for friction factor and heat transfer using computational fluid dynamics for ribbed triangular duct solar air heater," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 131(C), pages 788-799.
- Yu-Jin Kim & Kwang-Seob Lee & Libing Yang & Evgueniy Entchev & Eun-Chul Kang & Euy-Joon Lee, 2020. "Validation and Numerical Sensitivity Study of Air Baffle Photovoltaic-Thermal Module," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(8), pages 1-13, April.
- Hamid, Mohammed O.A. & Zhang, Bo, 2015. "Field synergy analysis for turbulent heat transfer on ribs roughened solar air heater," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 1007-1019.
- Debnath, Suman & Das, Biplab & Randive, P.R. & Pandey, K.M., 2018. "Performance analysis of solar air collector in the climatic condition of North Eastern India," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 165(PB), pages 281-298.
- Singh Yadav, Anil & Kumar Thapak, Manish, 2014. "Artificially roughened solar air heater: Experimental investigations," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 370-411.
- Sharma, Sanjay K. & Kalamkar, Vilas R., 2015. "Thermo-hydraulic performance analysis of solar air heaters having artificial roughness–A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 413-435.
- Yadav, Anil Singh & Bhagoria, J.L., 2013. "A CFD (computational fluid dynamics) based heat transfer and fluid flow analysis of a solar air heater provided with circular transverse wire rib roughness on the absorber plate," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 1127-1142.
- Evangelisti, Luca & De Lieto Vollaro, Roberto & Asdrubali, Francesco, 2019. "Latest advances on solar thermal collectors: A comprehensive review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 1-1.
- Rajaseenivasan, T. & Srinivasan, S. & Srithar, K., 2015. "Comprehensive study on solar air heater with circular and V-type turbulators attached on absorber plate," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 863-873.
More about this item
KeywordsRoughened channel; Solar air heater; Effective efficiency; Entropy generation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:energy:v:36:y:2011:i:11:p:6651-6660. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.