Modeling the transition towards a sustainable energy production in developing nations
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- George, Mel & Banerjee, Rangan, 2011. "A methodology for analysis of impacts of grid integration of renewable energy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 1265-1276, March.
- Thiam, Djiby-Racine, 2010. "Renewable decentralized in developing countries: Appraisal from microgrids project in Senegal," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 1615-1623.
- Winkler, Harald, 2005. "Renewable energy policy in South Africa: policy options for renewable electricity," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 27-38, January.
- Frei, Christoph W. & Haldi, Pierre-Andre & Sarlos, Gerard, 2003. "Dynamic formulation of a top-down and bottom-up merging energy policy model," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(10), pages 1017-1031, August.
- Brew-Hammond, Abeeku, 2010. "Energy access in Africa: Challenges ahead," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 2291-2301, May.
- Bhattacharyya, Subhes C., 2010. "Shaping a sustainable energy future for India: Management challenges," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(8), pages 4173-4185, August.
- Wing, Ian Sue, 2006. "The synthesis of bottom-up and top-down approaches to climate policy modeling: Electric power technologies and the cost of limiting US CO2 emissions," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(18), pages 3847-3869, December.
- Pachauri, Shonali & Jiang, Leiwen, 2008. "The household energy transition in India and China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 4022-4035, November.
- Winkler, Harald & Hughes, Alison & Haw, Mary, 2009. "Technology learning for renewable energy: Implications for South Africa's long-term mitigation scenarios," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 4987-4996, November.
- Marcotullio, Peter J. & Schulz, Niels B., 2007. "Comparison of Energy Transitions in the United States and Developing and Industrializing Economies," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(10), pages 1650-1683, October.
- van der Plas, Robert J & Hankins, Mark, 1998. "Solar electricity in Africa: a reality," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 295-305, March.
- Urban, F. & Benders, R.M.J. & Moll, H.C., 2007. "Modelling energy systems for developing countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 3473-3482, June.
- Bhattacharyya, Subhes C., 2006. "Energy access problem of the poor in India: Is rural electrification a remedy?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(18), pages 3387-3397, December.
- Chineke, Theo Chidiezie & Ezike, Fabian M., 2010. "Political will and collaboration for electric power reform through renewable energy in Africa," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 678-684, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kauw, Marco & Benders, René M.J. & Visser, Cindy, 2015. "Green methanol from hydrogen and carbon dioxide using geothermal energy and/or hydropower in Iceland or excess renewable electricity in Germany," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 90(P1), pages 208-217.
- Masa-Bote, D. & Castillo-Cagigal, M. & Matallanas, E. & Caamaño-Martín, E. & Gutiérrez, A. & Monasterio-Huelín, F. & Jiménez-Leube, J., 2014. "Improving photovoltaics grid integration through short time forecasting and self-consumption," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 125(C), pages 103-113.
- Yuan, Jiahai & Xu, Yan & Hu, Zhen & Yu, Zhongfu & Liu, Jiangyan & Hu, Zhaoguang & Xu, Ming, 2012. "Managing electric power system transition in China," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(8), pages 5660-5677.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:74:y:2017:i:c:p:1189-1209 is not listed on IDEAS
- Aguilera, Roberto F. & Ripple, Ronald D., 2013. "Modeling primary energy substitution in the Asia Pacific," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 219-224.
- Mandelli, Stefano & Barbieri, Jacopo & Mereu, Riccardo & Colombo, Emanuela, 2016. "Off-grid systems for rural electrification in developing countries: Definitions, classification and a comprehensive literature review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 1621-1646.
- Groissböck, Markus & Pickl, Matthias J., 2016. "An analysis of the power market in Saudi Arabia: Retrospective cost and environmental optimization," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 165(C), pages 548-558.
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy transition; Renewable technologies; PowerPlan; South Africa; Senegal;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:appene:v:94:y:2012:i:c:p:98-108. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.