Lurching towards markets for power: China’s electricity policy 1985–2007
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Liang, Xi & Reiner, David & Li, Jia, 2011. "Perceptions of opinion leaders towards CCS demonstration projects in China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(5), pages 1873-1885, May.
- Shiu, Alice & Lam, Pun-Lee, 2004. "Electricity consumption and economic growth in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 47-54, January.
- Joskow, Paul L, 1991. "The Role of Transaction Cost Economics in Antitrust and Public Utility Regulatory Policies," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 7(0), pages 53-83, Special I.
- Liu, Wen & Lund, Henrik & Mathiesen, Brian Vad & Zhang, Xiliang, 2011. "Potential of renewable energy systems in China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(2), pages 518-525, February.
- Ou, Xunmin & Xiaoyu, Yan & Zhang, Xiliang, 2011. "Life-cycle energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions for electricity generation and supply in China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(1), pages 289-297, January.
- Yuan, Jiahai & Zhao, Changhong & Yu, Shunkun & Hu, Zhaoguang, 2007. "Electricity consumption and economic growth in China: Cointegration and co-feature analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 1179-1191, November.
- Junfeng, Li & Wan, Yih-huei & Ohi, James M., 1997. "Renewable energy development in China: Resource assessment, technology status, and greenhouse gas mitigation potential," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 56(3-4), pages 381-394, March.
- Ang, B. W., 1995. "Multilevel decomposition of industrial energy consumption," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 39-51, January.
- Li, Binsheng & Dorian, James P, 1995. "Change in China's power sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(7), pages 619-626, July.
- Crocker, Keith J & Masten, Scott E, 1996. "Regulation and Administered Contracts Revisited: Lessons from Transaction-Cost Economics for Public Utility Regulation," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 5-39, January.
- Andrews-Speed, Philip & Dow, Stephen, 2000. "Reform of China's electric power industry Challenges facing the government," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 335-347, May.
- Yuxiang, Karl & Chen, Zhongchang, 2010. "Government expenditure and energy intensity in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 691-694, February.
- Manuel Arellano & Stephen Bond, 1991.
"Some Tests of Specification for Panel Data: Monte Carlo Evidence and an Application to Employment Equations,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 58(2), pages 277-297.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS program to replicate Arellano-Bond 1991 dynamic panel," Statistical Software Components RTZ00169, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Andrews-Speed, Philip & Dow, Stephen & Oberheitmann, Andreas & Ramsay, Bruce & Smith, Victor & Wei, Bin, 2003. "First steps in power sector reform: the case of China's Guangdong Province," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 169-183, September.
- Ou, Xunmin & Zhang, Xiliang & Chang, Shiyan & Guo, Qingfang, 2009. "Energy consumption and GHG emissions of six biofuel pathways by LCA in (the) People's Republic of China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(Supplemen), pages 197-208, November.
- Schroeder, Miriam, 2009. "Utilizing the clean development mechanism for the deployment of renewable energies in China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(2), pages 237-242, February.
- Zhou, Wenji & Zhu, Bing & Fuss, Sabine & Szolgayová, Jana & Obersteiner, Michael & Fei, Weiyang, 2010. "Uncertainty modeling of CCS investment strategy in China's power sector," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(7), pages 2392-2400, July.
- Zhao, Xiaoli & Ma, Chunbo & Hong, Dongyue, 2010. "Why did China's energy intensity increase during 1998-2006: Decomposition and policy analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 1379-1388, March.
- Ma, Chunbo & He, Lining, 2008. "From state monopoly to renewable portfolio: Restructuring China's electric utility," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 1697-1711, May.
- J. Gregory Sidak & William Baumol, 1994. "Toward Competition in Local Telephony," Books, American Enterprise Institute, number 52984.
- Liston, Catherine, 1993. "Price-Cap versus Rate-of-Return Regulation," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 25-48, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Xiaopeng Guo & Xiaodan Guo & Jiahai Yuan, 2014. "Impact Analysis of Air Pollutant Emission Policies on Thermal Coal Supply Chain Enterprises in China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(1), pages 1-21, December.
- Sun, Mei & Li, Juan & Gao, Cuixia & Han, Dun, 2017. "Identifying regime shifts in the US electricity market based on price fluctuations," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 194(C), pages 658-666.
- HuiHui Liu & ZhongXiang Zhang & ZhanMing Chen & DeSheng Dou, 2018.
"The impact of China’s electricity deregulation on coal and power industries: Two-stage game modeling approach,"
CCEP Working Papers
1804, Centre for Climate Economics & Policy, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- HuiHui Liu & ZhongXiang Zhang & ZhanMing Chen & DeSheng Dou, 2018. "The Impact of China’s Electricity Deregulation on Coal and Power Industries: Two-stage Game Modeling Approach," Working Papers 2018.17, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Zeng, Ming & Yang, Yongqi & Fan, Qiannan & Liu, Yingxin & Zou, Zhuojun, 2015. "Coordination between clean energy generation and thermal power generation under the policy of “direct power-purchase for large users” in China," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 10-22.
- Zhang, Liang & Ruan, Jian & Ding, Jianhua, 2014. "The institutional power shortage in China: Capacity shortage or capacity under-utilisation?," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 136(C), pages 480-494.
- Zeng, Ming & Yang, Yongqi & Wang, Lihua & Sun, Jinghui, 2016. "The power industry reform in China 2015: Policies, evaluations and solutions," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 94-110.
- Guo, Xiaopeng & Guo, Xiaodan, 2016. "Nuclear power development in China after the restart of new nuclear construction and approval: A system dynamics analysis," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 999-1007.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:106:y:2017:i:c:p:148-154 is not listed on IDEAS
- Xiaoli, Zhao & Rui, Yang & Qian, Ma, 2014. "China's total factor energy efficiency of provincial industrial sectors," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 52-61.
- repec:eee:appene:v:217:y:2018:i:c:p:440-455 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:rensus:v:79:y:2017:i:c:p:533-543 is not listed on IDEAS
- Li, Hong-Zhou & Tian, Xian-Liang & Zou, Tao, 2015. "Impact analysis of coal-electricity pricing linkage scheme in China based on stochastic frontier cost function," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 151(C), pages 296-305.
- Wang, Yi-Shu & Xie, Bai-Chen & Shang, Li-Feng & Li, Wen-Hua, 2013. "Measures to improve the performance of China’s thermal power industry in view of cost efficiency," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 1078-1086.
- Wei Shang & Guifen Pei & Conor Walsh & Ming Meng & Xiangsong Meng, 2016. "Have Market-oriented Reforms Decoupled China’s CO 2 Emissions from Total Electricity Generation? An Empirical Analysis," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(5), pages 1-12, May.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:109:y:2017:i:c:p:208-217 is not listed on IDEAS
- Du, Limin & He, Yanan & Yan, Jianye, 2013. "The effects of electricity reforms on productivity and efficiency of China's fossil-fired power plants: An empirical analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 804-812.
- Liang Zhang & Jian Ruan & Jianhua Ding, 2013. "The mechanism of the power shortage in China: capacity shortage or capacity underutilisation?," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 33(4), pages 3050-3058.
More about this item
KeywordsPower market reform; Electricity policy; China; Efficiency; Transaction cost economics;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:appene:v:94:y:2012:i:c:p:148-155. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.