Impact of energy saving and emission reduction policy on urban sustainable development: Empirical evidence from China
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Chen, Shiyi & Golley, Jane, 2014. "‘Green’ productivity growth in China's industrial economy," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 89-98.
- Lin, Boqiang & Du, Zhili, 2017. "Can urban rail transit curb automobile energy consumption?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 120-127.
- Bo Honore & Ekaterini Kyriazidou & J. L. Powell, 2000. "Estimation of tobit-type models with individual specific effects," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(3), pages 341-366.
- Zhang, Guanglu & Lin, Boqiang, 2018. "Impact of structure on unified efficiency for Chinese service sector—A two-stage analysis," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 231(C), pages 876-886.
- Cai, Xiqian & Lu, Yi & Wu, Mingqin & Yu, Linhui, 2016. "Does environmental regulation drive away inbound foreign direct investment? Evidence from a quasi-natural experiment in China," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 123(C), pages 73-85.
- Xu, Xiaoyu & González, Jorge E. & Shen, Shuanghe & Miao, Shiguang & Dou, Junxia, 2018. "Impacts of urbanization and air pollution on building energy demands — Beijing case study," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 225(C), pages 98-109.
- Wang, Qunwei & Su, Bin & Sun, Jiasen & Zhou, Peng & Zhou, Dequn, 2015. "Measurement and decomposition of energy-saving and emissions reduction performance in Chinese cities," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 151(C), pages 85-92.
- Raj Chetty & Adam Looney & Kory Kroft, 2009.
"Salience and Taxation: Theory and Evidence,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 99(4), pages 1145-1177, September.
- Raj Chetty & Adam Looney & Kory Kroft, 2007. "Salience and Taxation: Theory and Evidence," NBER Working Papers 13330, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Looney, Adam & Kroft, Kory & Chetty, Raj, 2009. "Salience and Taxation: Theory and Evidence," Scholarly Articles 9748525, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Raj Chetty & Kory Kroft & Adam Looney, 2009. "Salience and taxation: theory and evidence," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2009-11, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), revised 2009.
- Tao, Feng & Zhang, Huiqin & Hu, Jun & Xia, X.H., 2017. "Dynamics of green productivity growth for major Chinese urban agglomerations," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 196(C), pages 170-179.
- Dong-hyun Oh, 2010. "A global Malmquist-Luenberger productivity index," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 34(3), pages 183-197, December.
- Sampaio, Henrique César & Dias, Rubens Alves & Balestieri, José Antônio Perrella, 2013. "Sustainable urban energy planning: The case study of a tropical city," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 924-935.
- Lin, Boqiang & Du, Kerui, 2015. "Energy and CO2 emissions performance in China's regional economies: Do market-oriented reforms matter?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 113-124.
- Alan Sule & Honoré Bo E. & Hu Luojia & Leth-Petersen Søren, 2014.
"Estimation of Panel Data Regression Models with Two-Sided Censoring or Truncation,"
Journal of Econometric Methods, De Gruyter, vol. 3(1), pages 1-20, January.
- Sule Alan & Bo E. Honore & Luojia Hu, 2011. "Estimation of panel data regression models with two-sided censoring or truncation," Working Paper Series WP-2011-08, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Riccardi, R. & Oggioni, G. & Toninelli, R., 2012. "Efficiency analysis of world cement industry in presence of undesirable output: Application of data envelopment analysis and directional distance function," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 140-152.
- Judith M. Dean & Mary E. Lovely, 2010.
"Trade Growth, Production Fragmentation, and China's Environment,"
NBER Chapters, in: China's Growing Role in World Trade, pages 429-469,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Judith M. Dean & Mary E. Lovely, 2008. "Trade Growth, Production Fragmentation, and China's Environment," NBER Working Papers 13860, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Song, Feng & Zheng, Xinye, 2012. "What drives the change in China's energy intensity: Combining decomposition analysis and econometric analysis at the provincial level," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 445-453.
- Tan, Sieting & Yang, Jin & Yan, Jinyue & Lee, Chewtin & Hashim, Haslenda & Chen, Bin, 2017. "A holistic low carbon city indicator framework for sustainable development," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 185(P2), pages 1919-1930.
- Zhang, Ning & Choi, Yongrok, 2013. "A comparative study of dynamic changes in CO2 emission performance of fossil fuel power plants in China and Korea," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 324-332.
- Yu, Shiwei & Zheng, Shuhong & Zhang, Xuejiao & Gong, Chengzhu & Cheng, Jinhua, 2018. "Realizing China's goals on energy saving and pollution reduction: Industrial structure multi-objective optimization approach," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 122(C), pages 300-312.
- Tan, Ruipeng & Tang, Di & Lin, Boqiang, 2018. "Policy impact of new energy vehicles promotion on air quality in Chinese cities," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 33-40.
- Zhang, Ning & Kong, Fanbin & Choi, Yongrok & Zhou, P., 2014. "The effect of size-control policy on unified energy and carbon efficiency for Chinese fossil fuel power plants," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 193-200.
- Yu, Yanni & Wu, Wenjie & Zhang, Tao & Liu, Yanchu, 2016. "Environmental catching-up, eco-innovation, and technological leadership in China's pilot ecological civilization zones," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 228-236.
- Wu, Jie & Zhu, Qingyuan & Liang, Liang, 2016. "CO2 emissions and energy intensity reduction allocation over provincial industrial sectors in China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 166(C), pages 282-291.
- Molinos-Senante, María & Hanley, Nick & Sala-Garrido, Ramón, 2015. "Measuring the CO2 shadow price for wastewater treatment: A directional distance function approach," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 144(C), pages 241-249.
- Chen, Shiyi, 2015. "Environmental pollution emissions, regional productivity growth and ecological economic development in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 171-182.
- Fang, Guochang & Tian, Lixin & Fu, Min & Sun, Mei & He, Yu & Lu, Longxi, 2018. "How to promote the development of energy-saving and emission-reduction with changing economic growth rate—A case study of China," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 143(C), pages 732-745.
- Li, Ke & Lin, Boqiang, 2015. "Impacts of urbanization and industrialization on energy consumption/CO2 emissions: Does the level of development matter?," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 1107-1122.
- Yang, Fuxia & Yang, Mian & Nie, Hualin, 2013. "Productivity trends of Chinese regions: A perspective from energy saving and environmental regulations," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 82-89.
- Chen, Yvonne Jie & Li, Pei & Lu, Yi, 2018. "Career concerns and multitasking local bureaucrats: Evidence of a target-based performance evaluation system in China," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 133(C), pages 84-101.
- Färe, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna & Pasurka, Carl A., 2007. "Environmental production functions and environmental directional distance functions," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(7), pages 1055-1066.
- Geng, ZhiQiang & Dong, JunGen & Han, YongMing & Zhu, QunXiong, 2017. "Energy and environment efficiency analysis based on an improved environment DEA cross-model: Case study of complex chemical processes," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 205(C), pages 465-476.
- Cole, Matthew A., 2004. "Trade, the pollution haven hypothesis and the environmental Kuznets curve: examining the linkages," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 71-81, January.
- Yang, Zhenbing & Fan, Meiting & Shao, Shuai & Yang, Lili, 2017. "Does carbon intensity constraint policy improve industrial green production performance in China? A quasi-DID analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 271-282.
- Li, Jianglong & Lin, Boqiang, 2017. "Does energy and CO2 emissions performance of China benefit from regional integration?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 366-378.
- Clancy, J.M. & Gaffney, F. & Deane, J.P. & Curtis, J. & Ó Gallachóir, B.P., 2015. "Fossil fuel and CO2 emissions savings on a high renewable electricity system – A single year case study for Ireland," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 151-164.
- Zhou, P. & Ang, B.W. & Wang, H., 2012. "Energy and CO2 emission performance in electricity generation: A non-radial directional distance function approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 221(3), pages 625-635.
- Yang, Xuechun & Wang, Yutao & Sun, Mingxing & Wang, Renqing & Zheng, Peiming, 2018. "Exploring the environmental pressures in urban sectors: An energy-water-carbon nexus perspective," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 228(C), pages 2298-2307.
- Fare, Rolf, et al, 1989. "Multilateral Productivity Comparisons When Some Outputs Are Undesirable: A Nonparametric Approach," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 71(1), pages 90-98, February.
- Ouyang, Xiaoling & Wei, Xiaoyun & Sun, Chuanwang & Du, Gang, 2018. "Impact of factor price distortions on energy efficiency: Evidence from provincial-level panel data in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 573-583.
- Li, Zhi & Ouyang, Xiaoling & Du, Kerui & Zhao, Yang, 2017. "Does government transparency contribute to improved eco-efficiency performance? An empirical study of 262 cities in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 79-89.
- Li, Pei & Lu, Yi & Wang, Jin, 2016. "Does flattening government improve economic performance? Evidence from China," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 123(C), pages 18-37.
- Song, Malin & Song, Yaqing & An, Qingxian & Yu, Huayin, 2013. "Review of environmental efficiency and its influencing factors in China: 1998–2009," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 20(C), pages 8-14.
- Fan, Meiting & Shao, Shuai & Yang, Lili, 2015. "Combining global Malmquist–Luenberger index and generalized method of moments to investigate industrial total factor CO2 emission performance: A case of Shanghai (China)," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 189-201.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lin, Boqiang & Zhu, Junpeng, 2019. "Fiscal spending and green economic growth: Evidence from China," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 264-271.
- Chen, J.J. & Qi, B.X. & Peng, K. & Li, Y. & Zhao, Y.L., 2020. "Conditional value-at-credibility for random fuzzy wind power in demand response integrated multi-period economic emission dispatch," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 261(C).
- Zhu, Junpeng & Lin, Boqiang, 2020. "Convergence analysis of city-level energy intensity in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 139(C).
- Peiyu Yi & Feihu Huang & Jian Peng, 2019. "A Rebalancing Strategy for the Imbalance Problem in Bike-Sharing Systems," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(13), pages 1-1, July.
- Hongwei Liu & Ronglu Yang & Zhixiang Zhou & Dacheng Huang, 2020. "Regional Green Eco-Efficiency in China: Considering Energy Saving, Pollution Treatment, and External Environmental Heterogeneity," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(17), pages 1-1, August.
More about this item
KeywordsPolicy evaluation; Eco-efficiency; Difference-in-differences method; Non-directional distance function;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:appene:v:239:y:2019:i:c:p:12-22. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.