Feasibility analysis of offshore renewables penetrating local energy systems in remote oceanic areas – A case study of emissions from an electricity system with tidal power in Southern Alaska
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Giampietro, Mario & Mayumi, Kozo & Munda, Giuseppe, 2006. "Integrated assessment and energy analysis: Quality assurance in multi-criteria analysis of sustainability," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 59-86.
- Fürsch, Michaela & Hagspiel, Simeon & Jägemann, Cosima & Nagl, Stephan & Lindenberger, Dietmar & Tröster, Eckehard, 2013.
"The role of grid extensions in a cost-efficient transformation of the European electricity system until 2050,"
Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 642-652.
- Fürsch, Michaela & Hagspiel, Simeon & Jägemann, Cosima & Nagl, Stephan & Lindenberger, Dietmar & Tröster, Eckehard, 2012. "The role of grid extensions in a cost-efficient transformation of the European electricity system until 2050," EWI Working Papers 2012-4, Energiewirtschaftliches Institut an der Universitaet zu Koeln (EWI).
- Shrestha, Ram M. & Malla, Sunil & Liyanage, Migara H., 2007. "Scenario-based analyses of energy system development and its environmental implications in Thailand," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 3179-3193, June.
- Ghanadan, Rebecca & Koomey, Jonathan G., 2005. "Using energy scenarios to explore alternative energy pathways in California," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(9), pages 1117-1142, June.
- Li, Ye & Çalişal, Sander M., 2010. "Numerical analysis of the characteristics of vertical axis tidal current turbines," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 435-442.
- Li, Ye & Yu, Yi-Hsiang, 2012. "A synthesis of numerical methods for modeling wave energy converter-point absorbers," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(6), pages 4352-4364.
- Cory, Karlynn S. & Swezey, Blair G., 2007. "Renewable Portfolio Standards in the States: Balancing Goals and Rules," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 21-32, May.
- Saheb-Koussa, D. & Haddadi, M. & Belhamel, M., 2009. "Economic and technical study of a hybrid system (wind-photovoltaic-diesel) for rural electrification in Algeria," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(7-8), pages 1024-1030, July.
- Li, Ye & Calisal, Sander M., 2010. "Three-dimensional effects and arm effects on modeling a vertical axis tidal current turbine," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(10), pages 2325-2334.
- Suomalainen, K. & Silva, C. & Ferrão, P. & Connors, S., 2013. "Wind power design in isolated energy systems: Impacts of daily wind patterns," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 533-540.
- Lund, H. & Mathiesen, B.V., 2009. "Energy system analysis of 100% renewable energy systems—The case of Denmark in years 2030 and 2050," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 524-531.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jahanshahi, Akram & Kamali, Mohammadreza & Khalaj, Mohammadreza & Khodaparast, Zahra, 2019. "Delphi-based prioritization of economic criteria for development of wave and tidal energy technologies," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 167(C), pages 819-827.
- Veigas, M. & López, M. & Iglesias, G., 2014. "Assessing the optimal location for a shoreline wave energy converter," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 132(C), pages 404-411.
- Keskin Citiroglu, H. & Okur, A., 2014. "An approach to wave energy converter applications in Eregli on the western Black Sea coast of Turkey," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 135(C), pages 738-747.
- Alvarez, Eduardo Alvarez & Rico-Secades, Manuel & Suárez, Daniel Fernández & Gutiérrez-Trashorras, Antonio J. & Fernández-Francos, Joaquín, 2016. "Obtaining energy from tidal microturbines: A practical example in the Nalón River," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 183(C), pages 100-112.
- Laura Castro-Santos & Ana Rute Bento & Carlos Guedes Soares, 2020. "The Economic Feasibility of Floating Offshore Wave Energy Farms in the North of Spain," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(4), pages 1-19, February.
- Garrett Staines & Gayle Zydlewski & Haley Viehman, 2019. "Changes in Relative Fish Density Around a Deployed Tidal Turbine during on-Water Activities," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(22), pages 1-12, November.
- González-Gorbeña, Eduardo & Qassim, Raad Y. & Rosman, Paulo C.C., 2016. "Optimisation of hydrokinetic turbine array layouts via surrogate modelling," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 45-57.
More about this item
KeywordsOffshore renewable energy; Tidal power; Integrated analysis; Scenario-based analysis; Environmental impact; CO2 emissions;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:appene:v:117:y:2014:i:c:p:42-53. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.