Evaluation of the interaction of risk management tools for cotton and soybeans
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Harwood, Joy L. & Heifner, Richard G. & Coble, Keith H. & Perry, Janet E. & Somwaru, Agapi, 1999. "Managing Risk in Farming: Concepts, Research, and Analysis," Agricultural Economics Reports 34081, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Moschini, Giancarlo & Lapan, Harvey, 1995. "The Hedging Role of Options and Futures under Joint Price, Basis, and Production Risk," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 36(4), pages 1025-1049, November.
- Ronald I. McKinnon, 1967. "Futures Markets, Buffer Stocks, and Income Stability for Primary Producers," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 75, pages 844-844.
- Yong Sakong & Dermot J. Hayes & Arne Hallam, 1993. "Hedging Production Risk With Options," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 75(2), pages 408-415.
- Steven D. Hanson & Robert J. Myers & J. Roy Black, 1998. "The Effects of Crop Yield Insurance Designs on Farmer Participation and Welfare," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(4), pages 806-820.
- Coble, Keith H. & Heifner, Richard G. & Zuniga, Manuel, 2000. "Implications Of Crop Yield And Revenue Insurance For Producer Hedging," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 25(02), December.
- Coble, Keith H. & Knight, Thomas O. & Patrick, George F. & Baquet, Alan E., 1999. "Crop Producer Risk Management Survey: A Preliminary Summary Of Selected Data; A Report From The Understanding Farmer Risk Management Decision Making And Educational Needs Research Project," Information Reports 15805, Mississippi State University, Department of Agricultural Economics.
- Moschini, GianCarlo & Lapan, Harvey E., 1995. "Hedging Role of Options and Futures Under Joint Price, Basis and Production Risk, The," Staff General Research Papers Archive 5137, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alessandro BANTERLE & Daniela VANDONE, 2013.
"Price volatility and risk management: the case of rice,"
Departmental Working Papers
2013-08, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Banterle, Alessandro & Vandone, Daniela, 2013. "Price Volatility and Risk Management: The Case of Rice," 2013 International European Forum, February 18-22, 2013, Innsbruck-Igls, Austria 164766, International European Forum on Innovation and System Dynamics in Food Networks.
- Adhikari, Shyam & Knight, Thomas O. & Belasco, Eric J., 2013.
"Yield Guarantees and the Producer Welfare Benefits of Crop Insurance,"
Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 38(1), April.
- Adhikari, Shyam & Knight, Thomas O. & Belasco, Eric J., 2010. "Yield Guarantees And The Producer Welfare Benefits Of Crop Insurance," 2010 Annual Meeting, July 25-27, 2010, Denver, Colorado 61476, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Mitchell, Paul D. & Knight, Thomas O., 2008.
"Economic Analysis of Supplemental Deductible Coverage as Recommended in the USDA's 2007 Farm Bill Proposal,"
Agricultural and Resource Economics Review,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 37(01), pages 117-131, April.
- Mitchell, Paul D. & Knight, Thomas O., 2008. "Economic Analysis of Supplemental Deductible Coverage as Recommended in the USDA's 2007 Farm Bill Proposal," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 37(1), April.
- Mitchell, Paul D. & Knight, Thomas O., 2007. "Economic Analysis of Supplemental Deductible Coverage as Recommended in the USDA's 2007 Farm Bill Proposal," Staff Paper Series 509, University of Wisconsin, Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Nair, Shyam & Wang, Chenggang & Knight, Thomas O. & Segarra, Eduardo & Johnson, Jeff & Maas, Stephan & Mauget, Steven A., 2013. "Managing Weather Risk for Cotton in Texas High Plains with Optimal Temporal Allocation of Irrigation Water," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 151222, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Barham, E. Hart Bise & Robinson, John R.C. & Richardson, James W. & Rister, M. Edward, 2011. "Mitigating Cotton Revenue Risk Through Irrigation, Insurance, and Hedging," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 43(04), November.
- Umarov, Alisher & Sherrick, Bruce J., 2005. "Farmers' Subjective Yield Distributions: Calibration and Implications for Crop Insurance Valuation," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19396, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Kellner, Ulla & Musshoff, Oliver, 2011. "Precipitation or water capacity indices? An analysis of the benefits of alternative underlyings for index insurance," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 104(8), pages 645-653, October.
- Seo, Sangtaek & Mitchell, Paul D. & Leatham, David J., 2004. "Effects Of Federal Risk Management Programs On Land Allocation And Input Use," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20160, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agisys:v:75:y:2003:i:2-3:p:323-340. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agsy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.