Managing Weather Risk for Cotton in Texas High Plains with Optimal Temporal Allocation of Irrigation Water
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jalota, S.K. & Sood, Anil & Chahal, G.B.S. & Choudhury, B.U., 2006. "Crop water productivity of cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.)-wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) system as influenced by deficit irrigation, soil texture and precipitation," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 84(1-2), pages 137-146, July.
- Singh, Yudhveer & Rao, Sajjan Singh & Regar, Panna Lal, 2010. "Deficit irrigation and nitrogen effects on seed cotton yield, water productivity and yield response factor in shallow soils of semi-arid environment," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 97(7), pages 965-970, July.
- Coble, Keith H. & Zuniga, Manuel & Heifner, Richard, 2003. "Evaluation of the interaction of risk management tools for cotton and soybeans," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 75(2-3), pages 323-340.
- Buttar, G.S. & Aujla, M.S. & Thind, H.S. & Singh, C.J. & Saini, K.S., 2007. "Effect of timing of first and last irrigation on the yield and water use efficiency in cotton," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 89(3), pages 236-242, May.
More about this item
KeywordsCotton; Irrigation; Economics; Risk; Cotton2K; Crop Production/Industries; Production Economics; Resource /Energy Economics and Policy; Risk and Uncertainty; Q12; Q16;
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
- Q16 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - R&D; Agricultural Technology; Biofuels; Agricultural Extension Services
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea13:151222. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .