A farm level approach to explore farm gross margin effects of soil organic carbon management
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Keating, B. A. & McCown, R. L., 2001. "Advances in farming systems analysis and intervention," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 70(2-3), pages 555-579.
- Dominati, Estelle & Patterson, Murray & Mackay, Alec, 2010. "A framework for classifying and quantifying the natural capital and ecosystem services of soils," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(9), pages 1858-1868, July.
- Martin, Philip L., 2007. "Immigration and Agriculture (PowerPoint)," Agricultural Outlook Forum 2007 8037, United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Outlook Forum.
- Shrestha, Shailesh & Ahmadi, Bouda Vosough & Thomson, Steven G. & Barnes, Andrew Peter, 2014. "An assessment of the post 2015 CAP reforms: winners and losers in Scottish farming," 88th Annual Conference, April 9-11, 2014, AgroParisTech, Paris, France 170536, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Kym Anderson & Will Martin, 2009. "Distortions to Agricultural Incentives in Asia," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2611, November.
- Huang, Jikun & Rozelle, Scott & Martin, William J. & Liu, Yu, 2007. "Distortions to Agricultural Incentives in China," Agricultural Distortions Working Paper Series 48478, World Bank.
- Pratt, Michelle R. & Tyner, Wallace E. & Muth, David J. & Kladivko, Eileen J., 2014. "Synergies between cover crops and corn stover removal," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 130(C), pages 67-76.
- Townsend, Toby J. & Ramsden, Stephen J. & Wilson, Paul, 2016. "Analysing reduced tillage practices within a bio-economic modelling framework," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 146(C), pages 91-102.
- Hongli Feng & Catherine L. Kling, 2005.
"The Consequences of Cobenefits for the Efficient Design of Carbon Sequestration Programs,"
Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 53(4), pages 461-476, December.
- Hongli Feng & Catherine L. Kling, 2005. "Consequences of Co-benefits for the Efficient Design of Carbon Sequestration Programs, The," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 05-wp390, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Feng, Hongli & Kling, Catherine L., 2005. "The Consequences of Cobenefits for the Efficient Design of Carbon Sequestration Programs," ISU General Staff Papers 200512010800001409, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Feng, Hongli & Kling, Catherine L., 2005. "Consequences of Co-Benefits for the Efficient Design of Carbon Sequestration Programs, The," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12269, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Pushpam Kumar & Uwe A. Schneider, 2008. "Greenhouse gas emission mitigation through agriculture," Working Papers FNU-155, Research unit Sustainability and Global Change, Hamburg University, revised Feb 2008.
- Berta Sánchez & Jorge Álvaro-Fuentes & Ruth Cunningham & Ana Iglesias, 2016. "Towards mitigation of greenhouse gases by small changes in farming practices: understanding local barriers in Spain," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 21(7), pages 995-1028, October.
- Taghizadeh-Toosi, Arezoo & Olesen, Jørgen E., 2016. "Modelling soil organic carbon in Danish agricultural soils suggests low potential for future carbon sequestration," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 145(C), pages 83-89.
- Schneider, Uwe A. & Kumar, Pushpam, 2008. "Greenhouse Gas Mitigation through Agriculture," Choices: The Magazine of Food, Farm, and Resource Issues, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 23(1), pages 1-5.
- Uwe A. Schneider & Pete Smith, 2008. "Greenhouse Gas Emission Mitigation and Emission Intensities in Agriculture," Working Papers FNU-164, Research unit Sustainability and Global Change, Hamburg University, revised Jul 2008.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Torres, Carlos M.M. Eleto & Kohmann, Marta M. & Fraisse, Clyde W., 2015. "Quantification of greenhouse gas emissions for carbon neutral farming in the Southeastern USA," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 137(C), pages 64-75.
- Zhen, Wei & Qin, Quande & Wei, Yi-Ming, 2017. "Spatio-temporal patterns of energy consumption-related GHG emissions in China's crop production systems," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 274-284.
- David Bryngelsson & Fredrik Hedenus & Daniel J. A. Johansson & Christian Azar & Stefan Wirsenius, 2017. "How Do Dietary Choices Influence the Energy-System Cost of Stabilizing the Climate?," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(2), pages 1-13, February.
- Soy-Massoni, Emma & Langemeyer, Johannes & Varga, Diego & SÃ¡ez, Marc & PintÃ³, Josep, 2016. "The importance of ecosystem services in coastal agricultural landscapes: Case study from the Costa Brava, Catalonia," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 17(C), pages 43-52.
- Ancuta Isbasoiu & Pierre-Alain Jayet & Stéphane de Cara, 2021. "Increasing food production and mitigating agricultural greenhouse gas emissions in the European Union: impacts of carbon pricing and calorie production targeting [Augmenter la production alimentair," Post-Print hal-03151982, HAL.
- Chen, Jiandong & Cheng, Shulei & Song, Malin, 2018. "Changes in energy-related carbon dioxide emissions of the agricultural sector in China from 2005 to 2013," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 748-761.
- Wang, Guangshuai & Liang, Yueping & Zhang, Qian & Jha, Shiva K. & Gao, Yang & Shen, Xiaojun & Sun, Jingsheng & Duan, Aiwang, 2016. "Mitigated CH4 and N2O emissions and improved irrigation water use efficiency in winter wheat field with surface drip irrigation in the North China Plain," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 163(C), pages 403-407.
- Saw Min & Martin Rulík, 2020. "Comparison of Carbon Dioxide (CO 2 ) Fluxes between Conventional and Conserved Irrigated Rice Paddy Fields in Myanmar," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(14), pages 1-19, July.
- Connor, Melanie & de Guia, Annalyn H. & Quilloy, Reianne & Van Nguyen, Hung & Gummert, Martin & Sander, Bjoern Ole, 2020. "When climate change is not psychologically distant – Factors influencing the acceptance of sustainable farming practices in the Mekong river Delta of Vietnam," World Development Perspectives, Elsevier, vol. 18(C).
- Franco-Luesma, Samuel & Álvaro-Fuentes, Jorge & Plaza-Bonilla, Daniel & Arrúe, José Luis & Cantero-Martínez, Carlos & Cavero, José, 2019. "Influence of irrigation time and frequency on greenhouse gas emissions in a solid-set sprinkler-irrigated maize under Mediterranean conditions," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 221(C), pages 303-311.
- Anna Kocira & Mariola Staniak & Marzena Tomaszewska & Rafał Kornas & Jacek Cymerman & Katarzyna Panasiewicz & Halina Lipińska, 2020. "Legume Cover Crops as One of the Elements of Strategic Weed Management and Soil Quality Improvement. A Review," Agriculture, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(9), pages 1-41, September.
- Kerstin Jantke & Martina J. Hartmann & Livia Rasche & Benjamin Blanz & Uwe A. Schneider, 2020. "Agricultural Greenhouse Gas Emissions: Knowledge and Positions of German Farmers," Land, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(5), pages 1-13, April.
- Song, Guobao & Song, Jie & Zhang, Shushen, 2016. "Modelling the policies of optimal straw use for maximum mitigation of climate change in China from a system perspective," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 789-810.
- Kathrin Hasler & Hans-Werner Olfs & Onno Omta & Stefanie Bröring, 2016. "Drivers for the Adoption of Eco-Innovations in the German Fertilizer Supply Chain," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(8), pages 1-18, July.
- Miomir Jovanović & Ljiljana Kašćelan & Aleksandra Despotović & Vladimir Kašćelan, 2015. "The Impact of Agro-Economic Factors on GHG Emissions: Evidence from European Developing and Advanced Economies," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(12), pages 1-21, December.
- Maraseni, Tek Narayan & Cockfield, Geoff, 2015. "The financial implications of converting farmland to state-supported environmental plantings in the Darling Downs region, Queensland," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 135(C), pages 57-65.
- Zhao, Rongqin & Liu, Ying & Tian, Mengmeng & Ding, Minglei & Cao, Lianhai & Zhang, Zhanping & Chuai, Xiaowei & Xiao, Liangang & Yao, Lunguang, 2018. "Impacts of water and land resources exploitation on agricultural carbon emissions: The water-land-energy-carbon nexus," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 480-492.
- Cheng, Kun & Ogle, Stephen M. & Parton, William J. & Pan, Genxing, 2013. "Predicting methanogenesis from rice paddies using the DAYCENT ecosystem model," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 261, pages 19-31.
- Wang, Wen, 2015. "Intégrer l'agriculture dans les politiques d'atténuation chinoises," Economics Thesis from University Paris Dauphine, Paris Dauphine University, number 123456789/14999 edited by Perthuis, Christian de, Enero.
- Sari J Himanen & Hanna Mäkinen & Karoliina Rimhanen & Riitta Savikko, 2016. "Engaging Farmers in Climate Change Adaptation Planning: Assessing Intercropping as a Means to Support Farm Adaptive Capacity," Agriculture, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(3), pages 1-13, July.
More about this item
KeywordsSoil organic carbon; Soil management; Farm level modelling; Arable farming; Trade-offs; Profitability;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agisys:v:151:y:2017:i:c:p:33-46. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nithya Sathishkumar). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agsy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.