The effects of natural disasters on farm household income and expenditures: A study on rice farmers in Bangladesh
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Shahidur R. Khandker, 2007. "Coping with flood: role of institutions in Bangladesh," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 36(2), pages 169-180, March.
- Hanan G. Jacoby & Emmanuel Skoufias, 1997. "Risk, Financial Markets, and Human Capital in a Developing Country," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 64(3), pages 311-335.
- Sawada, Yasuyuki & Lokshin, Michael, 2009.
"Obstacles to school progression in rural Pakistan: An analysis of gender and sibling rivalry using field survey data,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 88(2), pages 335-347, March.
- Yasuyuki Sawada & Michael Lokshin, 2007. "Obstacles to School Progression in Rural Pakistan: An Analysis of Gender and Sibling Rivalry Using Field Survey Data," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-484, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Sarker, Md. Abdur Rashid & Alam, Khorshed & Gow, Jeff, 2012. "Exploring the relationship between climate change and rice yield in Bangladesh: An analysis of time series data," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 11-16.
- Ly, Proyuth & Jensen, Lars Stoumann & Bruun, Thilde Bech & Rutz, Dominik & de Neergaard, Andreas, 2012. "The System of Rice Intensification: Adapted practices, reported outcomes and their relevance in Cambodia," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 16-27.
- Ganesh-Kumar, A. & Prasad, Sanjay K. & Pullabhotla, Hemant, 2012. "Supply and Demand for Cereals in Bangladesh: 2010â€“2030:," IFPRI discussion papers 1186, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Robert Jensen, 2000. "Agricultural Volatility and Investments in Children," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(2), pages 399-404, May.
- Skoufias, Emmanuel, 2003. "Economic Crises and Natural Disasters: Coping Strategies and Policy Implications," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(7), pages 1087-1102, July.
- Wilson, Clevo & Tisdell, Clement A., 2002. "OLS and Tobit Estimates: When is Substitution Defensible Operationally?," Economic Theory, Applications and Issues Working Papers 90519, University of Queensland, School of Economics.
- Foster, Andrew D, 1995. "Prices, Credit Markets and Child Growth in Low-Income Rural Areas," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 105(430), pages 551-570, May.
- Duryea, Suzanne & Lam, David & Levison, Deborah, 2007. "Effects of economic shocks on children's employment and schooling in Brazil," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 188-214, September.
- Emla Fitzsimons, 2007. "The Effects of Risk on Education in Indonesia," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 56, pages 1-25.
- Thomas, Duncan & Beegle, Kathleen & Frankenberg, Elizabeth & Sikoki, Bondan & Strauss, John & Teruel, Graciela, 2004. "Education in a crisis," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 53-85, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Arouri, Mohamed & Nguyen, Cuong & Youssef, Adel Ben, 2015.
"Natural Disasters, Household Welfare, and Resilience: Evidence from Rural Vietnam,"
Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 59-77.
- Mohamed Arouri & Adel Ben Youssef & Cuong Nguyen-Viet, 2015. "Natural Disasters, Household Welfare, and Resilience: Evidence from Rural Vietnam," Post-Print halshs-01109452, HAL.
- Mohamed Arouri & Adel Ben Youssef & Cuong Nguyen, 2015. "Natural Disasters, Household Welfare and Resilience: Evidence from Rural Vietnam," GREDEG Working Papers 2015-03, Groupe de REcherche en Droit, Economie, Gestion (GREDEG CNRS), University of Nice Sophia Antipolis.
More about this item
KeywordsNatural disaster; Cyclone; Farm households; Human capital; Natural experiment; Difference-in-difference;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agisys:v:121:y:2013:i:c:p:43-52. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agsy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.