Pan-European crop modelling with EPIC: Implementation, up-scaling and regional crop yield validation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Marijn Velde & Francesco Tubiello & Anton Vrieling & Fayçal Bouraoui, 2012. "Impacts of extreme weather on wheat and maize in France: evaluating regional crop simulations against observed data," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 113(3), pages 751-765, August.
- Liu, Junguo & Williams, Jimmy R. & Zehnder, Alexander J.B. & Yang, Hong, 2007. "GEPIC - modelling wheat yield and crop water productivity with high resolution on a global scale," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 94(2), pages 478-493, May.
- Cabelguenne, M. & Jones, C. A. & Marty, J. R. & Dyke, P. T. & Williams, J. R., 1990. "Calibration and validation of EPIC for crop rotations in southern France," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 153-171.
- Jones, C. A. & Dyke, P. T. & Williams, J. R. & Kiniry, J. R. & Benson, V. W. & Griggs, R. H., 1991. "EPIC: An operational model for evaluation of agricultural sustainability," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 341-350.
- Reidsma, Pytrik & Ewert, Frank & Boogaard, Hendrik & Diepen, Kees van, 2009. "Regional crop modelling in Europe: The impact of climatic conditions and farm characteristics on maize yields," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 100(1-3), pages 51-60, April.
- repec:eee:ecomod:v:213:y:2008:i:3:p:365-380 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cabelguenne, M. & Debaeke, P. & Bouniols, A., 1999. "EPICphase, a version of the EPIC model simulating the effects of water and nitrogen stress on biomass and yield, taking account of developmental stages: validation on maize, sunflower, sorghum, soybea," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 60(3), pages 175-196, June.
- Wriedt, Gunter & van der Velde, Marijn & Aloe, Alberto & Bouraoui, Fayal, 2009. "A European irrigation map for spatially distributed agricultural modelling," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 96(5), pages 771-789, May.
- Schneider, Uwe A. & Havlík, Petr & Schmid, Erwin & Valin, Hugo & Mosnier, Aline & Obersteiner, Michael & Böttcher, Hannes & Skalský, Rastislav & Balkovic, Juraj & Sauer, Timm & Fritz, Steffen, 2011. "Impacts of population growth, economic development, and technical change on global food production and consumption," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 104(2), pages 204-215, February.
- Havlík, Petr & Schneider, Uwe A. & Schmid, Erwin & Böttcher, Hannes & Fritz, Steffen & Skalský, Rastislav & Aoki, Kentaro & Cara, Stéphane De & Kindermann, Georg & Kraxner, Florian & Leduc, Sylvain & , 2011. "Global land-use implications of first and second generation biofuel targets," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 5690-5702, October.
- Franziska Strauss & Erwin Schmid & Elena Moltchanova & Herbert Formayer & Xiuying Wang, 2012. "Modeling climate change and biophysical impacts of crop production in the Austrian Marchfeld Region," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 111(3), pages 641-664, April.
- Hansen, J. W. & Jones, J. W., 2000. "Scaling-up crop models for climate variability applications," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 43-72, July.
- Schönhart, Martin & Schauppenlehner, Thomas & Schmid, Erwin & Muhar, Andreas, 2011. "Integration of bio-physical and economic models to analyze management intensity and landscape structure effects at farm and landscape level," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 104(2), pages 122-134, February.
- Bouman, B. A. M. & van Keulen, H. & van Laar, H. H. & Rabbinge, R., 1996. "The `School of de Wit' crop growth simulation models: A pedigree and historical overview," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 52(2-3), pages 171-198.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dono, Gabriele & Cortignani, Raffaele & Giraldo, Luca & Doro, Luca & Roggero, Pier Paolo, 2014. "Assessing the awareness of climate change as a factor of adaptation in the agricultural sector," 2014 Third Congress, June 25-27, 2014, Alghero, Italy 173110, Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA).
- Wolf, Verena & Deppermann, Andre & Tabeau, Andrzej & Banse, Martin & van Berkum, Siemen & Haß, Marlen & Havlik, Petr & Philippidis, George & Salamon, Petra & Verma, Monika, 2016. "Linking three market models to project Russian and Ukrainian wheat markets till 2030," 155th Seminar, September 19-21, 2016, Kiev, Ukraine 245878, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Choi, Hyung Sik & Schneider, Uwe A. & Rasche, Livia & Cui, Junbo & Schmid, Erwin & Held, Hermann, 2015. "Potential effects of perfect seasonal climate forecasting on agricultural markets, welfare and land use: A case study of Spain," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 133(C), pages 177-189.
- Amit Kumar Srivastava & Thomas Gaiser & Frank Ewert, 2016. "Climate change impact and potential adaptation strategies under alternate climate scenarios for yam production in the sub-humid savannah zone of West Africa," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 21(6), pages 955-968, August.
- Dono, Gabriele & Cortignani, Raffaele & Dell'Unto, Davide & Deligios, Paola & Doro, Luca & Lacetera, Nicola & Mula, Laura & Pasqui, Massimiliano & Quaresima, Sara & Vitali, Andrea & Roggero, Pier Paol, 2016. "Winners and losers from climate change in agriculture: Insights from a case study in the Mediterranean basin," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 147(C), pages 65-75.
- Bhattarai, Mukesh Dev & Secchi, Silvia & Schoof, Justin, 2017. "Projecting corn and soybeans yields under climate change in a Corn Belt watershed," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 152(C), pages 90-99.
- repec:eee:ecomod:v:273:y:2014:i:c:p:128-139 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kluts, Ingeborg & Wicke, Birka & Leemans, Rik & Faaij, André, 2017. "Sustainability constraints in determining European bioenergy potential: A review of existing studies and steps forward," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 719-734.
- Tatsumi, Kenichi, 2016. "Effects of automatic multi-objective optimization of crop models on corn yield reproducibility in the U.S.A," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 322(C), pages 124-137.
- Bao, Yawen & Hoogenboom, Gerrit & McClendon, Ron & Vellidis, George, 2017. "A comparison of the performance of the CSM-CERES-Maize and EPIC models using maize variety trial data," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 150(C), pages 109-119.
More about this item
KeywordsEPIC; Large-scale crop modelling; Model performance testing; EU;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agisys:v:120:y:2013:i:c:p:61-75. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agsy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.