Production economics: Worthwhile investment?
Agricultural production economics research is examined within a broad framework of scientific development and utilization. Recent findings in selected areas of the subdiscipline are examined and opportunities for further fruitful inquiry are identified. A few 'stylized facts' emerge from recent work and suggest the need for much careful hypothesis testing, model exploration, and empirical sensitivity analysis in the future.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Moschini, GianCarlo, 1989. "Normal Inputs and Joint Production with Allocatable Fixed Factors," Staff General Research Papers 11264, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Satheesh V. Aradhyula & Matthew T. Holt, 1988.
"Risk Behavior and Rational Expectations in the U.S. Broiler Market,"
Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) Publications
88-wp33, Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) at Iowa State University.
- Aradhyula, Satheesh V. & Holt, Matthew, 1989. "Risk Behavior and Rational Expectations in the U.S. Broiler Market," Staff General Research Papers 274, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Satheesh V. Aradhyula & Matthew T. Holt, 1988. "Risk Behavior and Rational Expectations in the U.S. Broiler Market," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 88-wp33, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Camerer, Colin F, 1989. " An Experimental Test of Several Generalized Utility Theories," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 61-104, April.
- Grisley, William & Gitu, Kangethe W., 1985. "A Translog Cost Analysis Of Turkey Production In The Mid-Atlantic Region," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 17(01), July.
- Binswanger, Hans P, 1981.
"Attitudes toward Risk: Theoretical Implications of an Experiment in Rural India,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 91(364), pages 867-90, December.
- Hans Binswanger, 1981. "Attitudes toward risk: Theoretical implications of an experiment in rural india," Artefactual Field Experiments 00010, The Field Experiments Website.
- Starmer, Chris & Sugden, Robert, 1989. " Probability and Juxtaposition Effects: An Experimental Investigation of the Common Ratio Effect," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 2(2), pages 159-78, June.
- Moschini, GianCarlo, 1988. "Model of Production with Supply Management for the Canadian Agricultural Sector, A," Staff General Research Papers 11269, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Battalio, Raymond C & Kagel, John H & Jiranyakul, Komain, 1990. " Testing between Alternative Models of Choice under Uncertainty: Some Initial Results," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 3(1), pages 25-50, March.
- Maligaya, Arlyn R. & White, Fred C., 1989. "Agricultural Output Supply And Input Demand Relationships With Endogenous Land Rents," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 21(02), December.
- Polson, Rudolph A. & Shumway, C. Richard, 1990. "Structure Of South Central Agricultural Production," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 22(02), December.
- Harless, David W., 1992. "Predictions about indifference curves inside the unit triangle : A test of variants of expected utility theory," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 391-414, August.
- Susan M. Capalbo & Michael Denny, 1985. "Testing Long-Run Productivity Models for the Canadian and U.S. Agricultural Sectors," NBER Working Papers 1764, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shumway, C. Richard & Alexander, William P. & Talpaz, Hovav, 1990. "Texas Field Crops: Estimation With Curvature," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 15(01), July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agecon:v:9:y:1993:i:2:p:89-108. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.