On Modeling Systems Of Crop Acreage Demands
This article presents an alternative approach to the specification of systems of crop acreage responses. Derived demands for acreages of individual crops are specified as conditional on total crop acreage, and related separability and dynamic specifications help to reduce the effects of multicollinearity in the system. A simple econometric model of crop acreage demands for Western Canada illustrates the methodology.
Volume (Year): 18 (1993)
Issue (Month): 01 (July)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://waeaonline.org/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Shumway, C. Richard & Alexander, William P. & Talpaz, Hovav, 1990. "Texas Field Crops: Estimation With Curvature," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 15(01), July.
- Doran, H. E. & Griffiths, W. E., 1978. "Inconsistency of the OLS estimator of the partial adjustment-adaptive expectations model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 133-146, June.
- Denton, Frank T., 1978. "Single-equation estimators and aggregation restrictions when equations have the same sets of regressors," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 173-179, October.
- Asunka, Samuel & Shumway, C. Richard, 1996. "Allocatable Fixed Inputs And Jointness In Agricultural Production: More Implications," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 25(2), October.
- Russell Lidman & D. Lee Bawden, 1974. "The Impact of Government Programs on Wheat Acreage," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 50(4), pages 327-335.
- McIntosh, Christopher S. & Shideed, Kamil H., 1989. "The Effect Of Government Programs On Acreage Response Over Time: The Case Of Corn Production In Iowa," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 14(01), July.
- Gallant, A. Ronald & Jorgenson, Dale W., 1979. "Statistical inference for a system of simultaneous, non-linear, implicit equations in the context of instrumental variable estimation," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 11(2-3), pages 275-302.
- Krakar, Eileen & Paddock, Brian, 1985. "A Systems Approach to Estimating Prairie Crop Acreage," Working Papers 243998, Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada.
- Deaton,Angus & Muellbauer,John, 1980. "Economics and Consumer Behavior," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521296762, October.
- Hausman, Jerry A., 1983. "Specification and estimation of simultaneous equation models," Handbook of Econometrics, in: Z. Griliches† & M. D. Intriligator (ed.), Handbook of Econometrics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 7, pages 391-448 Elsevier.
- LaFrance, Jeffrey T., 1991. "When Is Expenditure "Exogenous" In Separable Demand Models?," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 16(01), July.