Regional Acreage Response For U.S. Corn And Wheat: The Effects Of Government Programs
This paper presents findings from an analytical scheme that offers a promising alternative to traditional procedures of modeling acreage response. The scheme addresses the two-step decision process in which program and nonprogram planting decisions are modeled separately, conditional on the decision to participate. This provides a more realistic and intuitive portrayal of producersÂ’ decision making process. The model is applied at the regional level to assess the impact of farm programs on acreage response for corn in the Cornbelt and Lake States, and for wheat in the Northern Plains. The impacts of policy variable changes on participation and planted acreage are also analyzed.
Volume (Year): 24 (1992)
Issue (Month): 01 (July)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.saea.org/jaae/jaae.htm|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gordon C. Rausser & Richard E. Just, 1981.
"Principles of policy modeling in agriculture,"
Proceedings – Rural and Agricultural Conferences,
Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, pages 139-178.
- Rausser, Gordon C. & Just, Richard E., 1981. "Principles of policy modeling in agriculture," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt04v728v1, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Rausser, Gordon C. & Just, Richard E, 1981. "Principles of policy modeling in agriculture," CUDARE Working Paper Series 213, University of California at Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics and Policy.
- Chavas, Jean-Paul & Pope, Rulon D. & Kao, Robert S., 1983. "An Analysis Of The Role Of Futures Prices, Cash Prices And Government Programs In Acreage Response," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 8(01), July.
- Shideed, Kamil H. & White, Fred C., 1989. "Alternative Forms Of Price Expectations In Supply Analysis For U.S. Corn And Soybean Acreages," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 14(02), December.
- Houck, James P. & Ryan, Mary E., 1972. "Supply Analysis For Corn In The United States: The Impact Of Changing Government Programs," Staff Papers 13554, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Seale, James L., Jr. & Shonkwiler, John Scott, 1987. "Rationality, Price Risk, And Response," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 19(01), July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:sojoae:30356. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.