Genetic improvements in major US crops: the size and distribution of benefits
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ahmed, Mohamed M. & Masters, William A. & Sanders, John H., 1995.
"Returns from research in economies with policy distortions: hybrid sorghum in Sudan,"
Blackwell, vol. 12(2), pages 183-192, August.
- Ahmed, Mohamed M. & Masters, William A. & Sanders, John H., 1995. "Returns from research in economies with policy distortions: hybrid sorghum in Sudan," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 12(2), August.
- Altieri, Miguel A. & Masera, Omar, 1993. "Sustainable rural development in Latin America: building from the bottom-up," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 93-121, April.
- Thirtle, Colin G., 1985. "Technological Change And The Productivity Slowdown In Field Crops: United States, 1939-78," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 17(02), December.
- Barry Krissoff & John Sullivan & John Wainio, 1989. "Opening Agricultural Markets: Implications for Developing Countries," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 37(4), pages 1265-1275, December.
- Stephen F. Hamilton & David Sunding, 1998. "Returns to Public Investments in Agriculture with Imperfect Downstream Competition," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(4), pages 830-838.
- Oehmke, James F., 1988. "The Calculation of Returns to Research in Distorted Markets," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 2(4), December.
- Zvi Griliches, 1958. "Research Costs and Social Returns: Hybrid Corn and Related Innovations," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 66, pages 419.
- Reilly, John & Hohmann, Neil, 1993. "Climate Change and Agriculture: The Role of International Trade," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(2), pages 306-12, May.
- Roningen, Vernon O. & Dixit, Praveen M., 1991. "Reforming agricultural policies: The case of Japan," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 87-111.
- Tobey, James A. & Reilly, John M. & Kane, Sally, 1992. "Economic Implications Of Global Climate Change For World Agriculture," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 17(01), July.
- Pachico, Douglas & Lynam, John K. & Jones, Peter G., 1987. "The distribution of benefits from technical change among classes of consumers and producers: An ex anteanalysis of beans in Brazil," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 279-285, October.
- Byerlee, Derek, 1996. "Modern varieties, productivity, and sustainability: Recent experience and emerging challenges," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 697-718, April.
- Brush, Stephen B., 1992. "Farmer's rights and genetic conservation in traditional farming systems," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(11), pages 1617-1630, November.
- Frisvold, George B. & Condon, Peter T., 1998. "The convention on biological diversity and agriculture: Implications and unresolved debates1," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 551-570, April.
- Evenson, R.E. & Gollin, D., 1994.
"Genetic Resources, International Organizations, and the Rice Varietal Improvement,"
713, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Evenson, Robert E & Gollin, Douglas, 1997. "Genetic Resources, International Organizations, and Improvement in Rice Varieties," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 45(3), pages 471-500, April.
- Pardey, Philip G. & Alston, Julian M. & Christian, Jason E. & Fan, Shenggen, 1996. "Summary of a productive partnership: the benefits from U.S. participation in the CGIAR," EPTD discussion papers 18, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Oehmke, James F., 1988. "The calculation of returns to research in distorted markets," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 2(4), pages 291-302, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agecon:v:28:y:2003:i:2:p:109-119. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.