Reversibility Test of Oil Demand Function of OECD Countries Importing Oil from Iran with an Emphasis on Technological and Environmental Considerations: Symmetric and Asymmetric Models
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Śmiech, Sławomir & Papież, Monika, 2014. "Energy consumption and economic growth in the light of meeting the targets of energy policy in the EU: The bootstrap panel Granger causality approach," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 118-129.
- Dargay, Joyce & Gately, Dermot, 1997. "The demand for transportation fuels: Imperfect price-reversibility?," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 71-82, February.
- Masih, Abul M. M. & Masih, Rumi, 1997. "On the temporal causal relationship between energy consumption, real income, and prices: Some new evidence from Asian-energy dependent NICs Based on a multivariate cointegration/vector error-correctio," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 417-440, August.
- Chi, K.C. & Reiner, D.M. & Nuttall, W.J., 2009. "Dynamics of the UK Natural Gas Industry: System Dynamics Modelling and Long-Term Energy Policy Analysis," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0922, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Asplund, Marcus & Eriksson, Rickard & Friberg, Richard, 2000.
" Price Adjustments by a Gasoline Retail Chain,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 102(1), pages 101-121, March.
- Asplund, Marcus & Eriksson, Rickard & Friberg, Richard, 1997. "Price adjustments by a gasoline retail chain," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 194, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Ryan, David L. & Plourde, Andre, 2002. "Smaller and smaller? The price responsiveness of nontransport oil demand," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 285-317.
- Dergiades, Theologos & Martinopoulos, Georgios & Tsoulfidis, Lefteris, 2013.
"Energy consumption and economic growth: Parametric and non-parametric causality testing for the case of Greece,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 686-697.
- Dergiades, Theologos & Martinopoulos, Georgios & Tsoulfidis, Lefteris, 2011. "Energy Consumption and Economic Growth: Parametric and Non-Parametric Causality Testing for the Case of Greece," MPRA Paper 51120, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 12 Nov 2011.
- Theologos Dergiades & Georgios Martinopoulos & Lefteris Tsoulfidis, 2011. "Energy Consumption and Economic Growth:Parametric and Non-Parametric Causality Testing for the Case of Greece," Discussion Paper Series 2011_16, Department of Economics, University of Macedonia, revised Nov 2011.
- Godby, Rob & Lintner, Anastasia M. & Stengos, Thanasis & Wandschneider, Bo, 2000.
"Testing for asymmetric pricing in the Canadian retail gasoline market,"
Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 349-368, June.
- Godby, R. & Stengos, T. & Wandsschneider, B., 1997. "Testing for Asymmetric Pricing in the Canadian Retail Gasoline Market," Working Papers 1997-4, University of Guelph, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Javier F. Mory, 1993. "Oil Prices and Economic Activity: Is the Relationship Symmetric?," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 151-162.
- Ünler, Alper, 2008. "Improvement of energy demand forecasts using swarm intelligence: The case of Turkey with projections to 2025," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 1937-1944, June.
- repec:eee:ecomod:v:252:y:2013:i:c:p:44-52 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bettendorf, Leon & van der Geest, Stephanie A. & Varkevisser, Marco, 2003. "Price asymmetry in the Dutch retail gasoline market," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 669-689, November.
- Bruce Traill & David Colman & Trevor Young, 1978. "Estimating Irreversible Supply Functions," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 60(3), pages 528-531.
- Rudolf Wolffram, 1971. "Positivistic Measures of Aggregate Supply Elasticities: Some New Approaches—Some Critical Notes," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 53(2), pages 356-359.
- James M. Griffin & Craig T. Schulman, 2005. "Price Asymmetry in Energy Demand Models: A Proxy for Energy-Saving Technical Change?," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 1-22.
- Bacon, Robert W., 1991. "Rockets and feathers: the asymmetric speed of adjustment of UK retail gasoline prices to cost changes," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 211-218, July.
- Dermot Gately & Hiliard G. Huntington, 2002. "The Asymmetric Effects of Changes in Price and Income on Energy and Oil Demand," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 19-55.
- Samimi, Rodney, 1995. "Road transport energy demand in Australia: A cointegration approach," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 329-339, October.
- Severin Borenstein & A. Colin Cameron & Richard Gilbert, 1997.
"Do Gasoline Prices Respond Asymmetrically to Crude Oil Price Changes?,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 112(1), pages 305-339.
- Severin Borenstein & A. Colin Cameron, 1992. "Do Gasoline Prices Respond Asymmetrically to Crude Oil Price Changes?," NBER Working Papers 4138, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- I.O. Walker & Franz Wirl, 1993. "Irreversible Price-Induced Efficiency Improvements: Theory and Empirical Application to Road Transportation," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 183-205.
- Ang, B. W. & Lee, S. Y., 1994. "Decomposition of industrial energy consumption : Some methodological and application issues," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 83-92, April.
More about this item
KeywordsOil demand function reversibility; OECD countries; modified ordinary least square method; panel co-integration test;
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- L71 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Primary Products and Construction - - - Mining, Extraction, and Refining: Hydrocarbon Fuels
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eco:journ2:2018-02-17. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ilhan Ozturk). General contact details of provider: http://www.econjournals.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.