Improving the accuracy of the analytical indirect inference estimator for MA models
We propose to use the analytical generalised least squares (GLS) transformation matrix of Galbraith and Zinde-Walsh (1992) to correct finite sample estimation error of MA(q) processes parameters estimates. Our method may be considered as an iteration of the analytical indirect inference estimator (AIIE) of Galbraith and Zinde-Walsh (1994). Its potential is explored through a series of Monte Carlo experiments.
Volume (Year): 29 (2009)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hansen, Lars Peter & Hodrick, Robert J, 1980. "Forward Exchange Rates as Optimal Predictors of Future Spot Rates: An Econometric Analysis," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(5), pages 829-853, October.
- Greg Tkacz, 2007. "Gold Prices and Inflation," Staff Working Papers 07-35, Bank of Canada.
- John Galbraith & Aman Ullah & Victoria Zinde-Walsh, 2002. "Estimation Of The Vector Moving Average Model By Vector Autoregression," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(2), pages 205-219.
- Patrick Richard, 2007. "GLS Bias Correction for Low Order ARMA models," Cahiers de recherche 07-19, Departement d'Economique de l'École de gestion à l'Université de Sherbrooke.
- Galbraith, John W. & Zinde-Walsh, Victoria, 1992. "The GLS Transformation Matrix and a Semi-recursive Estimator for the Linear Regression Model with ARMA Errors," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(01), pages 95-111, March.
- Cordeiro, Gauss M. & Klein, Ruben, 1994. "Bias correction in ARMA models," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 169-176, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebl:ecbull:eb-09-00368. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John P. Conley)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.