Risk premia in forward foreign exchange rates: a comparison of signal extraction and regression methods
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 42 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/economics/econometrics/journal/181/PS2|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hansen, Lars Peter & Hodrick, Robert J, 1980. "Forward Exchange Rates as Optimal Predictors of Future Spot Rates: An Econometric Analysis," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(5), pages 829-853, October.
- Froot, Kenneth A. & Frankel, Jeffrey A., 1988.
"Forward Discount Bias: Is It an Exchange Risk Premium?,"
Department of Economics, Working Paper Series
qt5w65g4zg, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Kenneth A. Froot & Jeffrey A. Frankel, 1989. "Forward Discount Bias: Is it an Exchange Risk Premium?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 104(1), pages 139-161.
- Kenneth A. Froot and Jeffrey A. Frankel., 1988. "Forward Discount Bias: Is It an Exchange Risk Premium?," Economics Working Papers 8874, University of California at Berkeley.
- Hai, Weike & Mark, Nelson C & Wu, Yangru, 1997. "Understanding Spot and Forward Exchange Rate Regressions," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(6), pages 715-734, Nov.-Dec..
- Ram Bhar & Carl Chiarella & Toan Pham, 2000. "Modeling the Currency Forward Risk Premium: Theory and Evidence," Research Paper Series 41, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Bams, Dennis & Walkowiak, Kim & Wolff, Christian C. P., 2004.
"More evidence on the dollar risk premium in the foreign exchange market,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 271-282, March.
- Bams, Dennis & Walkowiak, Kim & Wolff, Christian C, 2003. "More Evidence on the Dollar Risk Premium in the Foreign Exchange Market," CEPR Discussion Papers 3726, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Canova, Fabio & Ito, Takatoshi, 1991. "The Time-Series Properties of the Risk Premium in the Yen/Dollar Exchange Market," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(2), pages 125-142, April-Jun.
- Wolff, Christian C, 1987.
"Forward Foreign Exchange Rates, Expected Spot Rates, and Premia: A Signal-Extraction Approach,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
189, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Wolff, Christian C P, 1987. " Forward Foreign Exchange Rates, Expected Spot Rates, and Premia: A Signal-Extraction Approach," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(2), pages 395-406, June.
- Nijman, T.E. & Palm, F.C. & Wolff, C.C.P., 1993.
"Premia in forward foreign exchange as unobserved components,"
Other publications TiSEM
23782b7b-2146-4381-8cf9-4, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Nijman, T.E. & Palm, F.C. & Wolff, C.C.P., 1991. "Premia in forward foreign exchange as unobserved components," Discussion Paper 1991-12, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Nijman, T.E. & Palm, F.C. & Wolff, C.C.P., 1991. "Premia in Forward Foreign Exchange as Unobserved Components," Papers 9112, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Lumsdaine, Robin L, 1996. "Consistency and Asymptotic Normality of the Quasi-maximum Likelihood Estimator in IGARCH(1,1) and Covariance Stationary GARCH(1,1) Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(3), pages 575-596, May.
- Charles Engel, 1995.
"The Forward Discount Anomaly and the Risk Premium: A Survey of Recent Evidence,"
NBER Working Papers
5312, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Engel, Charles, 1996. "The forward discount anomaly and the risk premium: A survey of recent evidence," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 123-192, June.
- fabio spagnolod & Zacharias Psaradakis & Martin Sola, 2003.
"Testing the Unbiased Forward Exchange Rate Hypothesis Using a Markov Switching Model and Instrumental Variables,"
Economics and Finance Discussion Papers
03-15, Economics and Finance Section, School of Social Sciences, Brunel University.
- Martin Sola & Zacharias Psaradakis & Fabio Spagnolo, 2005. "Testing the unbiased forward exchange rate hypothesis using a Markov switching model and instrumental variables," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(3), pages 423-437.
- fabio spagnolod & Zacharias Psaradakis & Martin Sola, 2003. "Testing the Unbiased Forward Exchange Rate Hypothesis Using a Markov Switching Model and Instrumental Variables," Public Policy Discussion Papers 03-15, Economics and Finance Section, School of Social Sciences, Brunel University.
- Ron Jongen & Willem F.C. Verschoor & Christian C.P. Wolff, 2008. "Foreign Exchange Rate Expectations: Survey And Synthesis," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(1), pages 140-165, 02.
- Fabio Canova & Takatoshi Ito, 1988. "On Time-Series Properties of Time-Varying Risk Premium in the Yen/Dollar Exchange Market," NBER Working Papers 2678, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Prasad V. Bidarkota & J. Huston McCulloch, "undated".
"Optimal Univariate Inflation Forecasting with Symmetric Stable Shocks,"
Computing in Economics and Finance 1997
116, Society for Computational Economics.
- Prasad V. Bidarkota & J. Huston McCulloch, 1998. "Optimal univariate inflation forecasting with symmetric stable shocks," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(6), pages 659-670.
- Tucker, Alan L & Pond, Lallon, 1988. "The Probability Distribution of Foreign Exchange Price Changes: Tests of Candidate Processes," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 70(4), pages 638-647, November.
- Fama, Eugene F., 1984. "Forward and spot exchange rates," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 319-338, November.
- Boothe, Paul & Glassman, Debra, 1987. "The statistical distribution of exchange rates: Empirical evidence and economic implications," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3-4), pages 297-319, May.
- Nijman, Theo E & Palm, Franz C & Wolff, Christian C P, 1993. "Premia in Forward Foreign Exchange as Unobserved Components: A Note," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 11(3), pages 361-365, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:empeco:v:42:y:2012:i:1:p:21-51. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.